PWG Presents All Star Weekend IV November 17 & 18!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby Deviant » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:51 am

Actually, it looks like they just took a new batch of photos at BOLA. I wouldn't read too much into that.
Deviant

Postby Slappy » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:17 am

Claudio looks fantastic in his profile pic.
Slappy

Postby onlxn » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:26 pm

Deviant wrote:Actually, it looks like they just took a new batch of photos at BOLA. I wouldn't read too much into that.

True... but there's no Strong picture, no Aries picture, no 'Cide picture, and no M-Dogg picture, and they were all at BOLA... A.J., Daniels and Joe were all removed, and there's no Shelley... they're making pretty specific choices as to who they're putting up there.

Just seems to me that all the signals from PWG are that Petey's going to be a semi-regular, in the Shelley/Cabana vein. I'm not rooting for it, but that's what I'm sensing.
onlxn

Postby Jamboree » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:02 pm

I just got my tickets. Glad that they're no longer shipping them, since it seemed like every other person never received it in the mail. But yeah, 15 more days and I absolutely cannot wait. Fully certain Pac/Generico and the 4-way Tag Title match will be the show-stealers.
Jamboree

Postby Jkeats » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:39 pm

Yeah I'm really looking forward to the shows. My lady and I ordered our tickets online the other day.

I wonder how they are going to do the priority entrance for the pre-orders?
Jkeats

Postby BMH55 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:03 pm

Jkeats wrote:Yeah I'm really looking forward to the shows. My lady and I ordered our tickets online the other day.

I wonder how they are going to do the priority entrance for the pre-orders?

Probobly two seperate lines of people would be the most logical.
BMH55

Postby Deviant » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:54 am

onlxn wrote:
Deviant wrote:Actually, it looks like they just took a new batch of photos at BOLA. I wouldn't read too much into that.

True... but there's no Strong picture, no Aries picture, no 'Cide picture, and no M-Dogg picture, and they were all at BOLA... A.J., Daniels and Joe were all removed, and there's no Shelley... they're making pretty specific choices as to who they're putting up there.

Just seems to me that all the signals from PWG are that Petey's going to be a semi-regular, in the Shelley/Cabana vein. I'm not rooting for it, but that's what I'm sensing.

Maybe they couldn't pry Homicide away from the bar long enough to take a photo. It's the PWG roster page, not an episode of Lost. Just wait and see who gets booked, rather than trying to read things into small stuff like the roster page.

Besides, maybe they planned to make Petey a regular, but are now thinking against it due to all the backlash. Things change, and it's just a roster page. Wait for three shows and see who gets booked on a monthly basis. THOSE are your regulars.
Deviant

Postby Joel » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:31 pm

AJ Vs. PAC = Awesome.

Generico Vs. PAC = Better than awesome.
Joel

Postby ozmania » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:58 am

Deviant wrote:Besides, maybe they planned to make Petey a regular, but are now thinking against it due to all the backlash. Things change, and it's just a roster page. Wait for three shows and see who gets booked on a monthly basis. THOSE are your regulars.

I don't know if PWG really sees 4 dudes on a messageboard as some huge "backlash" against Petey as opposed to all the TNA fans they seem to draw.
ozmania

Postby SoCalAndy » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:48 am

PWG already booked better bigger and better TNA names for ASW that will draw the TNA fans(which is really what, 50 or so more people than the regular 200-350 fans?) to the show. What's the point of bringing in Petey? It's a fucking waste and is honestly one of the worst booking decisions PWG's made since booking Steve Corino.
SoCalAndy

Postby noah_ther » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:56 am

I bet to differ on the 250 - 300 regular fan number. I think the last Reseda show was no more than 125 total. I think most low key, SoCal only talent shows usually draw around 200 tops. I mean, if you have to pay the same amount for a card where it's all local talent and the payroll can't be like 1/2 of what it is to book all the bigger fly-ins for like ASW then why not pack as many people as you can who are considered "Big Names". Granted Petey is behind AJ, Daniels, and clearly Joe in popularity, I can't see how his inclusion would hurt.

Then again, i'm only guess for what the booking fees would be for the last Reseda show, but my guess is AJ/Daniels/Joe/Petey would be a bit more expensive than Generico/Quick/Tornado/Sky.
noah_ther

Postby PsychoDriver » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:39 pm

PsychoDriver wrote:Nothing you say every makes sense.

Hit submit early. I meant to say that nothing you say ever makes sense. Trying to say the last Reseda drew 125 is hilarious, because I've been to shows with 125 people in the crowd and Self-Titled looked nothing like those shows. Plus the show was announced a few days before it took place and was moved up.

Then again, i'm only guess for what the booking fees would be for the last Reseda show, but my guess is AJ/Daniels/Joe/Petey would be a bit more expensive than Generico/Quick/Tornado/Sky.

:shock: No way!
PsychoDriver

Postby Jamboree » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:18 pm

noah_ther wrote:I bet to differ on the 250 - 300 regular fan number. I think the last Reseda show was no more than 125 total. I think most low key, SoCal only talent shows usually draw around 200 tops. I mean, if you have to pay the same amount for a card where it's all local talent and the payroll can't be like 1/2 of what it is to book all the bigger fly-ins for like ASW then why not pack as many people as you can who are considered "Big Names". Granted Petey is behind AJ, Daniels, and clearly Joe in popularity, I can't see how his inclusion would hurt.

There were a bunch of empty seats, but I'll say Self Titled drew at LEAST 200.
Jamboree

Postby noah_ther » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:19 pm

I dunno man, I was there and standing half way from the back of the line and there was no way at the time that they let everyone in that there were more than about 100 or 120 folks in line, if someone said 150 I'd believe it 170 I'd be very skeptical but 200 isn't realistic. I'm sure more people came after they starting letting people in but it was a really small crowd, possibly smallest I've seen since I started going (Ernest P.) I'm not saying there weren't mitigating circumstances as to why attendence was low, but it was. The main point though, was that adding Petey isn't really hurting anyone because CLEARLY no one is going to boycott the shot b/c petey was booked as it seems like about 6 or 7 guys are vocal about not liking him, but I doubt any of them wouldn't go in protest. I happen to like the guy...okay, maybe "like" is too strong, but he's ok, and I'm sure he has more than a few fans out there, so why not just let them enjoy the guy and quit bitchin' about the people you don't particularly like and spend the time marking out for the guys you do?
noah_ther

Postby It's A Bomb » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:50 pm

I'm sure he has more than a few fans out there, so why not just let them enjoy the guy and quit bitchin' about the people you don't particularly like and spend the time marking out for the guys you do?

And why can't you just let people continue bitchin' about a guy who they don't want to see? Everyone can claim that it's just "3, 4, 6, or 7 guys" complaining, but they have a good reason to complain. I don't know about you or any of the other Petey marks, but I don't like seeing him being flown out to California just so he could put on shitty matches.
It's A Bomb

Postby ALLEYEZONME » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:23 pm

10 more days! cant wait to scream at joe "LETS GO ANGLE" :lol:
ALLEYEZONME

Postby SoCalAndy » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:34 pm

b/c petey was booked as it seems like about 6 or 7 guys are vocal about not liking him, but I doubt any of them wouldn't go in protest.

Whoo hoo! From 3 or 4 people to 6 or 7! The Petey hate is growing!

cant wait to scream at joe "LETS GO ANGLE"

That would be pretty stupid.
SoCalAndy

Postby ALLEYEZONME » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:41 pm

and why would that be??
ALLEYEZONME

Postby evilpaz » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:47 pm

ALLEYEZONME wrote:and why would that be??

1. Kurt Angle is not gonna be there.
2. It's stupid.
evilpaz

Postby SoCalAndy » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:46 pm

evilpaz is correct. Save that shit for Orlando.
SoCalAndy

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum