PWG Presents All Star Weekend IV November 17 & 18!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby PWG-G-G-Unit! » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:43 pm

PsychoDriver wrote:
noah_ther wrote:Petey or whoever at least help spike DVD sales and probably ticket sales, I can't imagine anyone doesn't believe at least that much.

LOL, man, I thought it would be impossible for you to follow up the amazingly retarded points you brought up in your first reply, but you topped it big time by trying to say Petey helps DVD and ticket sales.

I definitely think that Joe, Styles, Daniels, and Williams should've been left out.

Petey should have been left out, everyone else I don't mind.

I don't mind them, either, as long as they give their 100%.
PWG-G-G-Unit!

Postby noah_ther » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:27 pm

Just because a handful or a few dozen PWG fans don't like Petey doesn't mean he's not over with thousands of other fans who might just buy a DVD. Well maybe not so much Petey, but definately the 'Canadian Destroyer'. Then again, who cares, he's booked, he's being paid, let's just hope he actually hits the damn thing this time.
noah_ther

Postby It's A Bomb » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:15 pm

Just because a handful or a few dozen PWG fans don't like Petey doesn't mean he's not over with thousands of other fans who might just buy a DVD.

I doubt there are thousands of people out there who want to buy a PWG DVD to see Petey Williams. Infact, a lot of people on various boards(I.E. the people who PWG targets to buy their DVDs) hate Petey and speak negativly about him.

Well maybe not so much Petey, but definately the 'Canadian Destroyer'.

The move can be done by almost any wrestler on the US indy scene. And besides, nobody is going to buy a DVD or a ticket just to see one stupid move. And besides, at BOLA people were booing the move was hit, and cheered when he fucked it up. So yeah, Petey is useless.

Then again, who cares, he's booked, he's being paid,

I care because I(and several others) don't want to see our money being wasted on a piece of shit when the money could be used for better things such as better advertising, better wrestlers, and various other things PWG could use.

let's just hope he actually hits the damn thing this time.

I hope he doesn't hit it. Infact, I hope he doesn't even show up to ASW.
It's A Bomb

Postby Killride » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:29 pm

Well, obviously PWG likes him (Petey) if they keep booking him. He's doing something right. If you guys are gonna get bent out of shape about him, then dont buy a ticket to the show. But, you know...that'd be kind of stupid. So deal with it.
Killride

Postby PsychoDriver » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:59 pm

Well, obviously PWG likes him (Petey) if they keep booking him.

Yeah, they liked him so much that they stopped booking him for 9 months.

If you guys are gonna get bent out of shape about him, then dont buy a ticket to the show. But, you know...that'd be kind of stupid. So deal with it.

That's seriously the dumbest Petey defense I've seen. Since fans are paying their hard earned money for tickets, telling them to "deal with it" is retarded if they're going to see someone they don't like.

Bottom line, whoever came up with the idea of booking Petey did a terrible job. People didn't want him back, when he wasn't booked fans were happy, and there were no problems. Now that he's back, people are upset. He's not going to put more asses in the seats on a show with tons of big names, and he sure as fuck wont add more DVD sales. The money used to book Petey Williams would of been better spent on using better talent that people would want to see, and would put on better matches with the people he's booked against. I like PWG alot, but bringing him back is one of the worst moves PWG has done lately.
PsychoDriver

Postby urmomsurdad » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:39 am

a haiku about petey...

the crowd gives him boos
he is a heel thats for sure
he'll be back.. thats why
urmomsurdad

Postby It's A Bomb » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:16 am

Petey gets boos because he sucks, not because he's a good heel. Big difference.
It's A Bomb

Postby Deviant » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:12 am

This Petey backlash is just making me wish more and more that Alex Shelley could have been the Dynasty's mystery partner at BOLA. Then again, I may have pissed myself if that actually happened.
Deviant

Postby CheMateo » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:07 am

Deviant wrote:This Petey backlash is just making me wish more and more that Alex Shelley could have been the Dynasty's mystery partner at BOLA.

That would've been cool or even Jimmy Rave. The more I think about it, the more it should have been Rave and not Petey.
CheMateo

Postby chico del sol » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:53 am

who fuckin cares who you DONT like. how many shows have you gone to that you liked every single wrestler booked?! (you'll probably name some. and you can, but i wont really care.. you know why? cuz its a fuckin PERSONAL PREFERENCE!)

just appreciate that there is a PWG and that PWG is providing this show to us WRESTLING FANS. if you think your money is going to waste cuz guys you dont like are booked, you're an idiot. come on, its only $40 for both nights!

i really wonder if you guys go to shows and just try to appreciate them and have fun rather than try to pick on every flaw it has so you can bitch about it on these boards and think you sound cool.

i swear, you bitches are never happy.
chico del sol

Postby PsychoDriver » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:36 pm

People would be happy if Petey wasn't booked. People appreciate PWG, we just don't appreciate faggots like Petey Williams.
PsychoDriver

Postby PWG-G-G-Unit! » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:32 pm

It's A Bomb wrote:

Well maybe not so much Petey, but definately the 'Canadian Destroyer'.

The move can be done by almost any wrestler on the US indy scene. And besides, nobody is going to buy a DVD or a ticket just to see one stupid move. And besides, at BOLA people were booing the move was hit, and cheered when he fucked it up. So yeah, Petey is useless.

Which can be said for about every single submission/slam ever invented. What's the point?
PWG-G-G-Unit!

Postby BMH55 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:11 pm

The thing thas kind of upsetting here in this thread is that PWG seemed to work hard and spend lots of money to put together a great two nights fo wrestling for us, and aside from a couple people, most on here are just whining becasue there are a couple guys on this stacked two night roster that they don't like.
BMH55

Postby It's A Bomb » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:40 pm

Which can be said for about every single submission/slam ever invented. What's the point?

Did you even bother reading the post? Here, let me show you the post that I was replying to:

Just because a handful or a few dozen PWG fans don't like Petey doesn't mean he's not over with thousands of other fans who might just buy a DVD. Well maybe not so much Petey, but definately the 'Canadian Destroyer'.

The justification of booking Petey because he can do a move and that it would draw people to a show. My entire point was that many people can do the Destroyer. If that was the reason Petey Williams gets booked, then it's a stupid one.

The thing thas kind of upsetting here in this thread is that PWG seemed to work hard and spend lots of money to put together a great two nights fo wrestling for us, and aside from a couple people, most on here are just whining becasue there are a couple guys on this stacked two night roster that they don't like.

People have already said everything that was needed to be said about card. Yes, PWG put a lot of work into this, but they don't need everyone going "OMG THIS IS THE GREATEST CARD EVER" in every post. We're still paying customers, we deserve to have our voices heard. For months people here have talked about how they don't want to see Petey again, and when PWG books them, people are obviously going to be pissed about it. The people who keep posting about how they're pissed about Petey on the shows are trying to make the PWG brass aware that he's someone people don't want to see.

This has already been said, but I'll say it again. If Petey didn't get booked, chances are people wouldn't be complaining.
It's A Bomb

Postby SoCalAndy » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:12 pm

PWG should of booked Necro Butcher. He would of been a better draw(I mean, TNA fans are already going for Joe, Styles, Daniels, Sabin, Shelley, and Cide) since he would bring in different fans instead of being a waste of time. In fact, next time PWG thinks about booking Petey Williams, they should just go "Fuck that" and book Necro instead.

SoCalAndy

Postby onlxn » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:57 pm

SoCalAndy wrote:PWG should of booked Necro Butcher. He would of been a better draw(I mean, TNA fans are already going for Joe, Styles, Daniels, Sabin, Shelley, and Cide) since he would bring in different fans instead of being a waste of time. In fact, next time PWG thinks about booking Petey Williams, they should just go "Fuck that" and book Necro instead.

Goddamn right.

For what it's worth, I'm guessing that these will be Petey's best PWG performances. Playing a comedic straight man is actually what he's best at, so with guys like Tornado and Cabana, he'll be fine. Doesn't mean I'll be excited to see him, but I doubt he'll drag the shows down much.
onlxn

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:30 pm

Wow, Necro aged LuFisto 50 years with that punch in the pic. Awesome.

Anyway, with a few exceptions, Necro seems locked into doing XCW in Texas every Friday. They have one of those MAV-TV deals (that they are issuing to any fed with a working camera and $75 now), and he's one of their top guys.

That may be a reason why he's not on ASW. I see he's listed on the new PWG roster page (which is nicely updated with new pics). So hopefully he's back soon.
TigerDriver98

Postby onlxn » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:58 pm

Yup. Also worth noting that Petey has been re-added to the roster page. It's a pretty selective page -- guys like Nemesis, Koslov, Aries and even Strong aren't on it -- so the fact that they re-added Petey suggests to me that they see him as part of the product going forward.
onlxn

Postby JayJay » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:36 pm

SoCalAndy wrote:PWG should of booked Necro Butcher. He would of been a better draw(I mean, TNA fans are already going for Joe, Styles, Daniels, Sabin, Shelley, and Cide) since he would bring in different fans instead of being a waste of time. In fact, next time PWG thinks about booking Petey Williams, they should just go "Fuck that" and book Necro instead.

I agree with not booking Petey, but I can't help it - "should HAVE booked". I'm a bastard.

Anyone with connections to an indy fed have any idea what Petey's booking costs are?
JayJay

Postby JayJay » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:51 pm

And to Silverback/Disco/whoever runs the roster page...can we maybe bump the font up a notch? It's a little on the hard-to-read side...maybe a better contrast of colors would help too.

...and I just re-read the lineup for ASW and noticed Homicide v. Daniels, which makes me actually anticipate a Daniels match. Score.
JayJay

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum