Ringside Photos

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Ringside Photos

Postby theleapinglemur » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:37 am

Can anyone please tell me why PWG has no regular photographer taking ringside photos of every event. ROH has an awesome photographer who takes fantastic close up photos of every event and it makes me want to purchase the event much more. I know theres shane, but he doesnt go to all events and he has that copyright thing over the photos which totally ruins them. Please PWG lets have ringside photos for all events, which hasnt got writing over them.
theleapinglemur

Postby curbstomp » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:41 am

The reason he puts the copyright over them is because people have taken his pics in the past, cut out the copyright & used and/or edited the pics without his permission. Besides, he does it for free. He does every event in SoCal that he can for free which is a huge service.

PWG doesn't need to hire a new photographer just to get some publicity shots. Stick with ROH if pictures are the only thing that encourage you to buy DVD's, and remember that PWG is not ROH.
curbstomp

Postby FallenDragon » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:41 am

They have one Shane, who is a very talented photographer. But according to Curbstomp "He was exhausted from shooting both the MTV tapings and night one of ASW4, so on Saturday he only had enough energy to finish the MTV tapings & not ASW4 night 2."
FallenDragon

Postby PsychoDriver » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:50 pm

Does anyone really give a shit about pictures? Seriously, who the fuck cares?
PsychoDriver

Postby curbstomp » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:27 pm

LeapingLemur obviously does.
curbstomp

Postby Obnoxiouz » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:59 pm

And People who Couldn't Make It To The SHow prolly do.
Obnoxiouz

Postby Shane » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:15 pm

Let me clear up a couple of things for you, if you check my record there was a time that I was shooting about 90% of the PWG event, the last 6 to 8 months have been really hard for me, due to other obligations. Every year at this time it gets really hard to photograph wrestling due to conflicts with my job. Also I have had to pick up a lot of freelance jobs, which cuts into my weekends severely. So due to not getting paid for shooting the wrestling shows, I have to do what will pay my rent, which my normal and freelance jobs. The other thing is for a while I really motivated to photograph any thing. As for this past weekend I got several question as why the photos from the last show I photographed were not up yet, the answer is that I have been busy with all of the work that I have to do that's it. As soon as I get some free time I
Shane

Postby Baaggh?! » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:10 pm

YEAH!

You tell them Shane!

I heard a lot of people asking you where the photos from last time were...I was kind of taken aback for a minute.

Who the hell are these people to knock on your door and DEMAND you work for free and give them everything you work so hard for free of charge!

You know, i would have paid to get the photos that you took of my daugher and Chris Hero...really good picture and I really am greatful that you were so nice to send them to me!

Your pictures are always great and whenever we do get to see them I'm sure it will be WELL WORTH the anticipation

Keep up the great work and TAKE YOUR TIME. Do whatever it is you need to do to pay those bills. Most of us SHOULD be able to relate.

Sorry not everyone gets lots of money from mom and pop these days!

:D
Baaggh?!

Postby curbstomp » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:31 pm

Shane just pulled a Christopher Daniels.

Shane is the man.
curbstomp

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum