PWG Presents "Passive Hostility" on December 2!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby JasonDunn » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:44 pm

For me, I went "OH SHIT!" when Joey hit a variation of an exploder suplex (I think?) at Horro Business on El Generico. I mean, damn.
JasonDunn

Postby ozmania » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:27 pm

JasonDunn wrote:For me, I went "OH SHIT!" when Joey hit a variation of an exploder suplex (I think?) at Horro Business on El Generico. I mean, damn.

Yeah man, Joey can wrestle if you ever watch some of his early work. I just think it doesn't fit his character now to be some mat technician. I think he's more about character than proving he's some awesome wrestler. It helps him get booed.
ozmania

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:15 pm

Joey is playing a character. It would make no sense for his current character to be breaking out the fancy moves. Doing that would make you like him, and you aren't supposed to like him (that's the idea). Unlike other "heels" who are busting out phoenix splashes, moonsaults and other crazy moves. Joey Ryan gets it! Sometimes all you have to do in the ring as a heel... is get your ass kicked (Steen was an exception however, as it fit his character, who was showing off to be a prick)

But IMO most everything Joey done this year has been very entertaining. He's done a much better job while "holding back" than say Daniels did in 2005. Joey's one of my favorites to watch in PWG because he's so good at what he does. All the negativity he gets, just proves he's doing his job.

Re:X-Mas Show

I hope they do another big X-Mas show this year. Uncanny and Astonishing were two of the biggest PWG shows ever at the time. They may be running out of X-Men titles to parody however. "Giant Sized X-Mas" would would the only other one that comes to mind.
TigerDriver98

Postby The Six » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:27 pm

"X-Mas United"
The Six

Postby curbstomp » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:38 pm

X-Mas 3: The Last Stand
X-Mas: The Dark Generico Saga... lol
Limited Edition X-Mas
X-Mas: Anniversary Issue
curbstomp

Postby El Asian » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:51 pm

Pryde of the X-Mas
El Asian

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:04 pm

I stand happily corrected. I was only thinking of the major comic book titles. But I see they have enough other X-men titles to last well into the next decade.

Such as:

X-Mas vs. Street Fighter
Ultimate X-Mas
X-Mas: The animated series
X-Mas: The Last Stand
X-Mas Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse
TigerDriver98

Postby JasonDunn » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:36 pm

Don't Forget

X-Mas: God Loves, Man Kills
X-Mas: Tornado's Revenge
X-Mas: E is for Extinction
The X-Mas Adventure
X-Mas: Evolution
X-Mas: Clone Wars
X-Mas: Children of the Atom (More subject name fun if you change it to "Black Vagina")

My votes for "X-Mas Unlimited", "X-Mas: Evolution", or "X-Mas: Children of the Black Vagina"

Everyone who needs to know knows my views on Joey Ryan as champion, so I won't repeat it. Still mark for the guy, but for god sake, have him drop the title by January, and let him wrestle again.
JasonDunn

Postby curbstomp » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:03 am

My vote is for

ULTIMATE X-MAS
curbstomp

Postby Dangerous Robot » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:27 am

curbstomp wrote:My vote is for

ULTIMATE X-MAS

Sounds like a shitty TNA pay per view where the winner of the main event is the guy who grabs a giant letter.
Dangerous Robot

Postby Super Natural Driver II » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:12 am

Dangerous Robot wrote:
curbstomp wrote:My vote is for

ULTIMATE X-MAS

Sounds like a shitty TNA pay per view where the winner of the main event is the guy who grabs a giant letter.
lol
Super Natural Driver II

Postby curbstomp » Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:09 pm

Last night:

I was really into heel Bino, Steen's flipping backbreaker on Tornado, stiff shots from Rocky & Davey, Cape Fear winning the belts, and streamers. Streamers make the world a better place... not really, but I like to think so.
curbstomp

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum