Any ****+ matches on these recent shows?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Any ****+ matches on these recent shows?

Postby TasotheGreek » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:41 am

Hi, new to the boards, and have a quick question. These shows below, any matches that might be considered **** sars and up? I remember hearing Style vs Hero was exceptional from 12/3, and that Samoa Joe had a phat match with Richards. Any info on these shows and the top matches from them that would be MOTYC would be much appreciated from your boy on the east coast... BOOYA! :

December 3, 2005--Pro Wrestling Guerrilla in Los Angeles, California before 250 fans: Christopher Daniels b T.J. Perkins, B-Boy b Chris Sabin (good bout), El Generico & Los Luchas b Alex Koslov & Ronin & Nemesis, Joey Ryan b Kevin Steen to win the PWG title, A.J. Styles b Chris Hero, Super Dragon & Davey Richards vs Excalibur & Disco Machine ended in a No Contest, Scorpio Sky b Scott Lost in an I Quit match.

December 16, 2005--Pro Wrestling Guerrilla - Astonishing Xmas in Los Angeles, California: Scott Lost b Alex Shelley, Quicksilver & Top Gun Talwar b Nemesis & Ronin, Colt Cabana b Scorpio Sky, Roderick Strong & Jack Evans b Human Tornado & El Generico, Joey Ryan b Chris Kanyon to retain the PWG title, Samoa Joe b Davey Richards, Frankie Kazarian & Chris Sabin & T.J. Perkins & Rocky Romero b Christopher Daniels & Petey Williams & Alex Koslov & B-Boy, Super Dragon b Kevin Steen in a Guerrilla Warfare match..

January 7, 2006--Pro Wrestling Guerrilla - Cruisin' For a Bruisin' in Los Angeles, California: Chris Hero b Claudio Castagnoli, TJ Perkins b Alex Koslov, Los Luchas & Top Gun Talwar b Ronin & Nemesis & Disco Machine, Joey Ryan b Human Tornado to retain the PWG title, Chris Bosh b Scott Lost, Chris Sabin b B-Boy in a Best of 2/3 Falls match, Super Dragon & Davey Richards b El Generico & Quicksilver to retain the Tag Team titles..
TasotheGreek

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:00 pm

At the very least, the Guerrilla Warfare match between Kevin Steen and Super Dragon.
Lord Akiyama

Postby onlxn » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:12 pm

12/16 has three matches (Joe vs. Davey, 2SBG vs. Strong/Evans, SD vs. Steen) that should really be seen. Dunno about four stars, but I think they'd all compare favorably with some of the stuff you have listed at DVDVR. Didn't go to 12/3 or 1/7. From the post-show reactions, I didn't really get the sense that either show had any MOTYCs, but other people could answer that better than me.
onlxn

Re: Any ****+ matches on these recent shows?

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:44 pm

I'm not one for star ratings... but aside from the 12/16 matches onlxn mentioned above. I'd say Hero-AJ, Sky-Lost and Hero-Claudio will be well regarded once they hit DVD.
TigerDriver98

Postby The Masked Akeem » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:39 pm

Of the three shows listed, I've only seen the 12/16/05 show, and in my review, I gave Generico/Tornado vs Strong/Evans a 4-star rating.

Lots of people liked the Super Drago vs Kevin Steen Guerrilla Warfare match more than I did, but I gave it *** 1/2. So others rating it at 4, wouldn't be ridiculous.

Joe's match with Richards was good, but not amazing.
The Masked Akeem

Postby SoCalAndy » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:15 pm

I thought Steen/Dragon was on the **** level, probably in the **** 1/2 range. Other than what has been mentioned, I thought Dragon/Davey vs. Cape Fear was an outstanding match. Some might not rank it up in the four star range, but seeing it live I thought it was ***3/4 and it might go up when I watch the DVD because I missed some stuff. I don't think Joe/Davey was that great. It felt really quick but people told me it went around 20 minutes.
SoCalAndy

Postby Aaron » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:22 am

SoCalAndy wrote:It felt really quick but people told me it went around 20 minutes.

That sounds like a good thing to me mate?
Aaron

Postby TasotheGreek » Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:39 pm

Well, I'm gonna pick up all three shows in Feb from highspots.com, Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated.
TasotheGreek

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum