Upcoming Movies

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Re: Upcoming Movies

Postby WannaB » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:09 am

BOONDOCK SAINTS II: ALL SAINTS DAY

It's finally happening... hopefully... maybe... possibly.

From Dark Horizons:

Writer/Director Troy Duffy has revealed in a video announcement up at Slashfilm that a sequel to "The Boondock Saints" is finally happening.

After years of speculation he says that "The Boondock Saints: All Saints Day" will begin filming this Summer and original cast members Sean Patrick Flanery, Norman Reedus and Billy Connolly are excited to return.

Duffy adds that he's just closed a deal with Sony Pictures who'll handle distribution.

Also, Neal McDonough (Walking Tall, Boomtown) was announced for the Street Fighter cast as Bison. Some of the casting I don't mind, and I love McDonough's body of work, but some of the casting doesn't seem to compliment itself or the material. Plus I'm not too fond of the director's body of work... Doom, Cradle 2 The Grave, etc...
WannaB

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:17 am

I'm not usually a big fan of the Hollywood remakes but I am interested in one particular remake. I've always been a fan of the old Universal monster movies like The Invisible Man, The Wolf Man, Frankenstein, The Creatur From The Black Lagoon etc. Anyway slated for a 2009 release is a remake of The Wolf Man starring Benicio Del Toro as Lawrence Talbot/The Wolf Man, Anthony Hopkins as Sir John Talbot and Hugo Weaving has just been added to the cast after a rewrite of the script. Hugo will be playing Detective Aberline. Det. Aberline was not in the original movie but was a real life police officer who investigated the Jack The Ripper case. Det. Aberline was also a main character in the From Hell graphic novel and movie of the same name, portrayed by Johnny Depp.

Here is Benicio fooling around after filming his Che Guevara biopic and shortly before filming on The Wolf Man would start.

On the set of The Wolf Man, Benicio in character as Lawrence Talbot.

Anthony Hopkins watching the proceedings on the set.

Here is Hugo Weaving in London sporting some very nice mutton chops.

Here is one of the first photos of the actual appearance of The Wolf Man. I couldn't get the other one at the moment, I'll post it later.
Dr.Gonzo

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:16 pm

Just for the record here is the other photo of Del Toro as the Wolf Man.

The set release date is February 13, 2009.
Dr.Gonzo

Postby LunchBoX » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:53 pm

WannaB wrote:BOONDOCK SAINTS II: ALL SAINTS DAY

It's finally happening... hopefully... maybe... possibly.

From Dark Horizons:

Writer/Director Troy Duffy has revealed in a video announcement up at Slashfilm that a sequel to "The Boondock Saints" is finally happening.

After years of speculation he says that "The Boondock Saints: All Saints Day" will begin filming this Summer and original cast members Sean Patrick Flanery, Norman Reedus and Billy Connolly are excited to return.

Duffy adds that he's just closed a deal with Sony Pictures who'll handle distribution.

YES

Hopefully they don't mess this up.
LunchBoX

Postby CheMateo » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:13 pm

I'm happy to hear that Kevin Conroy will be voicing Batman again. This time for the upcoming Anime Batman: Gotham Knight. I've seen just snippets of the animation and some of it doesn't really look that great. I didn't like their interpretation of Killer Croc. I can't seem to find one of the pictures I saw earlier but it was neat to see that they used the 1940's style Batmobile in an episode.

The 1940's style.
CheMateo

Postby CheMateo » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:12 am

I barley came across that bootleg X-Files 2 trailer. So for those that are still interested in the Carter series what so ever I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGDF_DDGu8M

I thought Dangerous Robot would enjoy this, assuming he hasn't seen them already. The first photos of Snake Eyes came out about a week ago.

I'm trying not to dig too deeply into Quantum of Solace but I'm still curious. I heard a rumor Pacino is actually involved. I don't know if that is a load of bollocks or not. But he just seems out of place, at least to me. He is supposed to play the head of the terrorist organization. I'm hoping that means Blofeld is being reintroduced into the franchise and I hope they've kept the name S.P.E.C.T.R.E. I'm okay if they drop the stroking of a white cat but how could you not love the name Special Executive for Counter-Intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion? WannaB, do you know anything?
CheMateo

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:41 am

Speaking of Quantum Of Solace, recently a Mayor from a small Chilean town interrupted filming by driving a saloon car onto the set. The Mayor Carlos Lopez apparently almost ran over a couple of people and parked his vehicle in between a camera and th car Daniel Craig and Olga Kurylenko were sitting in. Carlos was upset that EON was using Chile as a stand in for Bolivia. I read somewhere that he was a suspended Mayor. I'm not sure though.

I recently came across Frank Miller's next cinematic adventure. It's based off an old comic strip character called The Spirit. I recently saw a piece on The Spirit on The History Channel. The History Channel had a program that covered the history of comic characters. So it's cool to see The Spirit get a bit of the spot light. I want to say that The Spirit was credited as being the first super hero to have the domino mask. But I'm not certain since I thought that honor went to the Phantom.

The Spirit was a young police detective named Denny Colt who was killed. He comes back to fight crime. The movie will star Gabriel Macht as The Spirit/Denny Colt. Samuel L. Jackson has been cast as his arch-nemesis The Octopus. I don't care for Jackson anymore as he just seems to scream a lot in his roles. But apparently he was Miller's first choice. The movie also has it's fair share of vixens such as Eva Mendes, Scarlett Johansson and Paz Vega. The targeted release date is January 16th, 2009. I'm excited about this movie. Here is a poster:
Dr.Gonzo

Postby WannaB » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:31 pm

Battle: Los Angeles

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080411a.php

Sony Pictures has picked up Chris Bertolini's sci-fi spec script "Battle: Los Angeles" for Original Films to produce reports Reuters.

The story follows one Marine platoon's encounter in the battle against an alien invasion that starts in Santa Monica and heads east toward Los Angeles.

The plan is to shoot a huge event movie but on a modest scale, much like the recent "Cloverfield", but with more traditional camerawork.
WannaB

Postby IronMonkey » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:04 am

I'll be a sucker for Iron Man when it hits theaters...once a year there's always some big, dumb, loud, crashy f/x laden film that i'll justify spending $14 to see in a dark a/c filled theater on an otherwise hot afternoon.

-other than that one I can't wait to see Grizzly Park- crazy animals on the rampage and killing annoying kids always make me smile.
IronMonkey

Postby WannaB » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:22 am

The "Batman: Gotham Knight" trailer is up...

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809701419/video/7331181
WannaB

Postby Dr.Gonzo » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:51 pm

A couple of new photos from The Wolf Man remake have popped up.

Here is Hugo Weaving on the set as Det. Abberline:

And the first normal photo I've seen of Benicio Del Toro as Talbot
Dr.Gonzo

Postby Dangerous Robot » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:48 am

Here's the first look at Rachel Nichols as Scarlett from next year's GI Joe film
Hopefully this won't be her costume for the entire film. I think it's just her version of the "power suit" all the Joes will wear in one of the battle scenes. I'm sure her normal attire will be closer to the Scarlett we all remember. . .
Dangerous Robot

Postby CheMateo » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:48 pm

Dangerous Robot wrote:Here's the first look at Rachel Nichols as Scarlett from next year's GI Joe film
*Wolf whistle*.

The stupid, complaining old codger in me is not confident in the choice of Gordon Levitt as Cobra Commander. While I have enjoyed some of Levitt's more recent work, I cannot picture the Commander as a skinny kid. But then again it's difficult to please an audience member that holds the Commander as an exalted figure.

One upcoming movie that I do not want to see is Baby Mama. Every time that stupid/disgusting ad shows up on my telly, I just want to throw a brick at the screen. I hate it! Fuck the suit that green lighted it!

I'm a bit frustrated since it seems like there is nothing really too interesting to check out. I think I would like to see Morgan Spurlock's new film, "Where in the world is Osama Bin Laden?"
CheMateo

Postby CheMateo » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:54 pm

Just for the record.

It appears that Mel Gibson may finally return to acting after taking a six year break. I for one am looking forward to his return as I hated his last starring vehicle, Signs. Hopefully this will make up for it. The upcoming project is called Edge of Darkness and is based on a BBC mini series. Mel would play a policeman who sets out to unravel the truth behind the brutal killing of his daughter. His investigation leads him into a murky world of government and corporate cover-ups and nuclear espionage. I'm not sure how exactly the U.S version will be tweaked. It'll be fun to see Mad Max Riggs in front of the screen again.

Mel Gibson fact of the day: Mel got the personal approval of Sean Connery and was considered by EON to take over the Bond franchise after Timothy Dalton. Also considered for Batman and Wolverine at one point.

Mel is the first Yank off the top of my head that I would've liked to have seen play Bond (Take that Nicky Coppola). I would've preferred him over Brosnan anyway.
CheMateo

Postby WannaB » Thu May 08, 2008 10:25 am

A site for the Street Fighter film is up. I had no idea that Moon Bloodgood was in it. She was great in Journeyman. However the more and more I look at the cast I'm not sure that the film will succeed despite reports of the screenplay being a decent hong-kong style revenge flick. I'm still not convinced about Kristen Kreuk.

http://streetfightermovie.net/

And I would be posting a lot more info on all the viral marketing of The Dark Knight, but I haven't felt like posting updates 3 times a day. There's just been so much going on with that film. And if you haven't seen it yet, check out the latest trailer. It's AMAZING!
WannaB

Postby El Asian » Sun May 25, 2008 11:13 pm

if anyone hasn't heard already, Marvel is now planning on a movie based on their more newer superhero team, Runaways

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 4a892403eb

I really do hope the plans do go under way for this as Runaways was one of my favorite comics up until Buffy, Angel, and Firefly creator, Joss Whedon took over, which mostly because his run is still filled with endless delays

I am also hoping that they do use Brian K. Vaughn's script because who better to write a movie on a comic series than the guy who created the comic series
El Asian

Postby Dangerous Robot » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:17 pm

I'm not sure I'm down with the "Rise Of Cobra" subtitle. It would work for a sequel, but I think the first film should just be called GI JOE.
Can't wait for The Baroness poster. . .
Dangerous Robot

Postby CheMateo » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:15 pm

I've been a James Bond fan for most of my life. I still remember going to the theaters with my parents to see my first James Bond film. It's hard to believe that ten years ago I was obsessing about Bond but not the film Tomorrow Never Dies. I'm talking about Goldeneye for the N64. I so badly wanted the All Bond code so I could play as Sean Connery and Timothy Dalton. I'll never forget the brilliant prank EGM pulled, informing subscribers how to attain the All Bond code.

Ten years later we have a new incumbent and are at film 22, Quantum Of Solace. The budget for the films is $230,000,000. That sounds a bit obscene to me.

I am sure most of you must have heard through out the past six month of the Quantum Of Solace curse. I think I even mentioned the protesting Chilean mayor earlier in this thread. Well just for the sake of conversation I'll go over it, as I am really looking forward to QOS. It should also be noted that QOS is one of the last remaining Fleming titles to be used. The first since The Living Daylights (1987).

-February 20, 2008 Panama City, Panama.

Panama City gangster robbed a party of Bond crew members. To combat the thefts of set equipment EON asked a rival gang to protect the cast and crew. The move should have restored order, but instead it enraged the original crooks and escalated the incidence of petty thefts on set.

Fears on set rose to such a degree that local police were put on the case, vowing to shoot anyone on sight who hassled the filmmakers. But tensions escalated as people worried that the police would accidentally kill someone. News of the thefts, and the bad press they brought to Panama City, only made officials furious with the Bond production.

-April 2, 2008 Baquedano, Chile.

I mentioned earlier about the Chilean mayor who stormed the filming of QOS because he was upset they were using Chile to depict Bolivia.

-April 20, 2008 Rome, Italy.

The iconic Aston Martin plunged into a lake while being delivered for filming during a rainstorm.

-April 24 Limone sul Garda, Italy.

A stunt driver slammed an Alfa Romeo into a wall during a chase sequence on a curvy, two-lane lakeside road. One of the drivers was critically injured while the other suffered less serious injuries.

-June 10.

Apparently Daniel Craig suffered an injury to his hand. Some reports have stated that the tip of one of his fingers was cut off. Very similar to when Timothy Dalton had his hand cut by Benicio Del Toro in Licence To Kill.

Anyway, I had saved this as a draft last week with the intention of including a teaser-teaser trailer. But now the first official teaser trailer has gone up.
http://www.moviefone.com/movie/quantum- ... Id=2150289

Here are some photos.

CheMateo

Postby atox » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:06 pm

I am proud to say I have seen all 21 James Bond films. It took me one whole summer a few years back
atox

Postby CheMateo » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:18 am

atox wrote:I am proud to say I have seen all 21 James Bond films. It took me one whole summer a few years back
That's cool. I sort of did the same thing but I did it during the winter. Which are your most and least favorite of the series?

I had come across all these movies I had intended to post in this thread but now I've forgotten most of them. Well here is the trailer for Max Payne. I have to admit it does have that "look" from the game. To be honest the trailer does not really excite me.
I still want to give it a shot.

I really should not be surprised but there is a remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still coming out.

Transporter 3

CheMateo

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion