Upcoming Movies

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Postby CheMateo » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:23 pm

Thanks for the links, I've been wanting to see that other trailer for Children of Men, but I can't view the other link. I don't want to spoil the movie for myself, I only have about 9 days till its released on DVD.
CheMateo

Postby CheMateo » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:04 pm

Well I've finally had some time to watch a couple of movies this weekend. I went to blockbastard to get Children of Men but they didn't have any copies. So I picked up up Rocky. Man the first hour was so slow, but once the exhibition between Rocky and Dixon is signed and the familiar music comes back and he is training the movie really takes off. Its fun and nostalgic. Stallone's Balboa character goes out like a champ "putting over" the youngster in the end but manages to leave with his head high. Nice to see Stallone's franchise end with some dignity.

I had to go to a local mom & pop shop and got a hold of Children of Men. It was awesome. I have to watch it again as I had some interruptions but man the pacing was perfect. No lulls at all. I really liked the movies presentation of the future that seemed tangible or even familiar. No flying cars or weird clothes or fancy gadgets. Not to mention its use of colors like Traffic, the washed out dull colors that deliver a cold and futile future. Too many positives to list. Great movie.
CheMateo

Postby CheMateo » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:32 pm

So it's official, yesterday Lucas and Spielberg announced that Shia LaBeouf has been casted in Indy 4. I'm sure you must've heard WannaB, but in case you haven't just passing on the news. Now I hope they can seal the deal and get Connery on board.
CheMateo

Postby WannaB » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:54 am

Yeah I heard. Finally.

Right now I'm waiting on some new Dark Knight news. They've been filming some stunts & action sequences in Chi town this past week or so from what's been said.
WannaB

Postby WannaB » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:46 pm

My bad. It's test shooting this week.
WannaB

Postby WannaB » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:41 am

Ooooh!

TDK news.

Stunt scene spoilers are here...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5503

And this was posted on BOF today...

The look of The Joker?
Author: Jett From
Monday, April 13, 2007 - 6:42 AM, 1:16 PM CENTRAL TIME: This comes from our source "Slappy The White Clown Prince." It comes from him secondhand, so take with a grain of salt. I can't reveal how he acquired this info, but I will say he has provided BOF was solid news in the past. According to him:

* The Joker will have gray skin with lot's of scarring.

* The Joker's costume will be raggedy (This may confirm the info BOF got a long while ago saying that his costume will look as if it was something he put together one piece at a time).

* He's going to look damn scary, not clownish.

There is also some scuttlebutt that Warner Bros. will reveal The Joker soon -- like this summer -- to head off any bootleg pictures of Heath Ledger in costume that could pop up online.

UPDATE: "Slappy" tells BOF that us that the description above of TDK's Joker is not of the final design, but is indicative of where they're heading in regards to the final look...
WannaB

Postby Slappy » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:09 pm

I didn't tell them anything lulz 8)
Slappy

Postby CheMateo » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:22 pm

Anybody have any interest or has seen Hot Fuzz? It's from the creator of Shaun of the dead. I never saw Shaun before but everybody I ask seems to like it.

Some other movies in development but are quite a ways off that I'm looking forward to are:

White Jazz
, it is the last of James Ellroy's LA Quartet. A series of four noir-esque crime novels that take place in 1940s and 1950s LA. The most famous being L.A. Confidential and most recent The Black Dahlia (Which I thought was terrible). This one focuses on a corrupt LA Vice cop David Klein. Who is assigned to lead an investigation into corruption in the Narc squad. But he senses that he is being setup and sets out to expose the institutionalized corruption within the LAPD. This one is slated to have Clooney in the role of Klein and is to be directed by Joe Carnahan. I liked NARC which was directed by Carnahan and was hoping he would helm the Pablo Escobar biopic but that seems to have fallen through.
I really liked L.A. Confidential and hope this one turns out just as well.

Which leads me to the director of L.A. Confidential Curtis Hanson. His new moive Lucky You looks like such a waste of time. But recently there has been quite a bit of buzz that Hanson and screenwriter Helgeland are working on making a direct sequel to L.A. Confidential that would pick up where that on left off. They are coaxing Cuy Pearce and Russell Crowe to reprise their roles. Here is an exceprt of what I came across last month

Hanson and Brian Helgeland are already in talks with Russell Crowe and Guy Pearce to reprise their roles. The sequel being discussed wouldn't rely on the plot of White Jazz, but simply pick up where L.A. Confidential left off: With Lt. Ed Exley (originally played by Guy Pearce), a rising star in the LAPD, and Officer Bud White (originally played by Russell Crowe), now an ex-cop who lives with an ex-whore."

Finally the other movie is the Shadow. I don't know if anybody remembers but back in 94 Alec Baldwin played the Shadow. Former radio show character and most popular pulp character of all time. Originally played by Orson Welles on the radio. Sony and Sam Raimi have gotten the rights to the Shadow and Raimi is slated to direct. Should be fun.
CheMateo

Postby CheMateo » Thu May 24, 2007 12:03 pm

CheMateo

Postby CheMateo » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:25 pm

Hey WannaB, I'm sure you heard by now that Sean Connery has stated that he won't be reprising his role of Henry Jones in Indy 4. I'm really disappointed. I thought the diligent courting of Lucas and Spielberg would've won him over. I also didn't know that he announced that he had retired from acting some two years ago. Too bad this couldn't have been his final hurrah. I'm kind hoping that this is some neat swerve.

You have any interesting Batman news?

Here's a trailer for another movie I've been waiting for. It's called Vantage Point.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_r9g1RcrWk
CheMateo

Postby WannaB » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:21 pm

Yep. Heard about the Connery news.

BATMAN!!! Oh sweety jeebus I've been spazzing out at all the great Batman news.

Anthony Michael Hall & Eric Roberts have been cast, and just recently finished filming their respective (albeit small) roles. If you read the Long Halloween then you might have an idea of who Hall is playing. "A good guy who's really a bad guy." That's all that I've heard.

Entertainment Weekly just released the first pic of the new batsuit. It's got a metallic fiber mesh layer that is covered by armor pieces so it looks like a cross between the fabric suit of the comics and the Shadow Warrior ninja suit that was sported in the first movie. Basically it looks similar to the last suit but with a more armored style as far as how many pieces there are. Best part is that the cowl now has full mobility as it has been crafted like a motorcycle helmet, seperate from the neck and shoulders. What does that mean? It means Batman can now turn his freaking head without having to turn his whole torso. Also, the gauntlets on the forearms have been replaced by a new model with the blades having a projectile capability.

Check out the pic...

Also, there have been fuzzy images of Heath Ledger's make up test shots, and even one with the full cut smile.

But they did release images of a prototype action figure which sports the full cut smile. It's pretty sick. The mouth has been ripped open at each end to create the cut. I freakin' love it.

Although the images of the action figure prototype don't look all that compelling I can't wait to see a full shot of ledger in make-up and wardrobe. It should be twisted.

Also, set pieces will include the Wayne penthouse, a naval base, and of course the bank robbery scene which I think I mentioned a while back where Ledger and his goons will wear clown masks. From the photos I saw that were snapped of Ledger by fans staking out the location from a nearby parking garage, it looks as though Ledger might not be deformed at the time of this scene as he only had his face painted when he removed the clown mask.

There was also a rumor a while back that there were 10 batcycles built for production and that it would seperate and emerge from the Tumbler. Not true. Apparently they only built a couple and it won't be a sister vehicle to the tumbler in any way.

Also, Nolan is going to film a good chunk of the film in the IMAX format, and that would make him the first director to do that with a major feature film.

Aside from Batman there's a ton of movie news right now.

Samuel L. Jackson wants to do a sequal to The Long Kiss Goodnight where Geena Davis is dead, and her daughter comes to him trying to find out who killed her.

I'm sure you heard that Thomas Jane, despite his relentless support over the years, has given up on a Punisher sequal as he was extremely dissapointed by the new script that was presented.

G.I. Joe currently has two scripts that are being considered and neither have had good reviews, but the studio is confident that the better of the two will have an amazing new draft. The first and worst is being written by the guy who wrote Swordfish, and the better on is being written by David Elliot, the guy who wrote Four Brothers.

Thundercats is gonna be made into a movie. Kool.

Captain America is the next major film that Marvel is gonna start the long pre-production process on.

Constantine 2 is being considered right now, and they want to make it darker, and much... well better. And apparently Keanu was offered a role in The Watchmen by Zack Snyder (director of 300 and the Dawn Of The Dead remake), but he passed.

Kevin Spacey is supposedly retiring, but he sounds kinda insincere.

Sylvain White (director Stomp The Yard) is gonna direct the Castlevania movie which was written by Paul W. Anderson who wrote and directed the first two Resident Evil's and AVP, and he passed on directing Castlevania so he could make the remake of Death Race. Paul Anderson is also going to attempt to ressurrect the long delayed and troubled Spy Hunter adaptation. If you'll remember the Rock was originally cast in the lead for that film several years ago, but too many production problems prevented principle shooting from ever taking place. They did release a video game adaptation however which was funny considering the movie never came out.

Frank Miller's graphic novel Ronin is being adapted. Ughhh... I wasn't a fan of that.

William Hurt is taking over Sam Elliots role in the new Hulk movie in which Edward Norton will be replacing Eric Bana.

Joshua Jackson is gonna play the young Fletch in the prequal film Fletch Won. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh... shoot me.

4 Transformers sequals are planned if the first one is a success. They're also considering including the Dinobots in one of the sequals.

I'm pissed off that Uwe Boll keeps on making movies and that there are idiots who keep on giving him money to make movies. He's gonna do sequals to Alone In The Dark and Bloodrayne before... oh man I'm pissed about this... he adapts the hit first person shooter video game FarCry. The worst part is that he's going to film it in Vancouver... IT'S SET IN A TROPICAL ISLAND CHAIN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! AHHHH! I love the FarCry games and am so pissed about this. Thank G*d Crytek is making a new franchise, Crysis, just in case this asshole ruins the FarCry franchise.

Eli Roth still wants to make the Thanksgiving spinoff from Grindhouse, and Danny Trejo still wants to do a Machete one.

So yeah... that's about all that I can remember that's of any significance.
WannaB

Postby CheMateo » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:31 am

WannaB wrote:Entertainment Weekly just released the first pic of the new batsuit. It's got a metallic fiber mesh layer that is covered by armor pieces so it looks like a cross between the fabric suit of the comics and the Shadow Warrior ninja suit that was sported in the first movie.
I think the new suit does indeed look very cool. I think the mesh is a nice touch.

Although the images of the action figure prototype don't look all that compelling I can't wait to see a full shot of ledger in make-up and wardrobe. It should be twisted.
I have to disagree. I think the action figure shots are in fact compelling. The test shots are too fuzzy to get a clear idea. But just looking at the action figure gets one salivating about how the Joker is going to appear on screen. This movie adaptation of the Joker is not going to just have red paint on his face but in fact a full cut smile(!) that's awesome!

I'm sure you heard that Thomas Jane, despite his relentless support over the years, has given up on a Punisher sequal as he was extremely dissapointed by the new script that was presented.
That's news to me and I'm really disappointed to hear that.

Live action or animated?

Captain America is the next major film that Marvel is gonna start the long pre-production process on.
Finally, I've been wondering when they would finally make a movie about the Cap. Is Red Skull going to be in it too? I'd actually think it would be neat to keep it in the cold war instead of updating it to where he is battling Arab or Eastern European terrorists. By the way did you ever see the early 90's Cap movie with J.D. Salinger's son Matt Salinger? I recall him having fake ears that stuck out of his mask.

I don't want him to retire but I haven't been happy with most of his latest work. I'm more a fan of his mid 90's to early 00's, starting with Swimming w/Sharks, The Usual Suspects, L.A. Confidential and so forth. I hope his future projects will be better.

Paul W. Anderson who wrote and directed the first two Resident Evil's and AVP
Any interest in AVP 2? I didn't like the first one. But I hear the studio doesn't have cold feet this time around and it's going to be rated "R" which gives me some hope.

William Hurt is taking over Sam Elliots role in the new Hulk movie in which Edward Norton will be replacing Eric Bana.
I didn't know Elliot was dropping out to be replaced by Hurt. I heard the Norton announcement and wasn't too pleased. I liked Bana. Norton just seems to have this wussy stigma to him that I can't get over. Are you happy with the choice?

Joshua Jackson is gonna play the young Fletch in the prequal film Fletch Won. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh... shoot me.
Are you not a fan of Fletch or is it because Jackson was casted? I'd have casted Jason Lee.

Danny Trejo still wants to do a Machete one.
I was under the impression it had been green lighted. Not yet?
CheMateo

Postby WannaB » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:47 pm

Live action or animated?

Live action, and possibly an origin story.

Finally, I've been wondering when they would finally make a movie about the Cap. Is Red Skull going to be in it too? I'd actually think it would be neat to keep it in the cold war instead of updating it to where he is battling Arab or Eastern European terrorists. By the way did you ever see the early 90's Cap movie with J.D. Salinger's son Matt Salinger? I recall him having fake ears that stuck out of his mask.

From what I've heard they want it to be a "period piece." Essentially they're aiming for another origin story set in WWII; super-soldier serum, Nazis, the whole 9 yards.

I don't want him to retire but I haven't been happy with most of his latest work. I'm more a fan of his mid 90's to early 00's, starting with Swimming w/Sharks, The Usual Suspects, L.A. Confidential and so forth. I hope his future projects will be better.

I loved Swimming With Sharks. Such an underrated movie that sadly not that many people have seen. The way he talked about it sounded as though he'd only do roles every once in a while that really really captured his interest. Kinda like when Michael Caine said he was retiring except from special roles like Batman and other Nolan movies.

Paul W. Anderson who wrote and directed the first two Resident Evil's and AVP
Any interest in AVP 2? I didn't like the first one. But I hear the studio doesn't have cold feet this time around and it's going to be rated "R" which gives me some hope.

If the R-rating is true than I'll have hope for it too, but I won't be satisified until I see a final cut. I was pissed that the first one was changed to PG-13 only weeks before the release.

I didn't know Elliot was dropping out to be replaced by Hurt. I heard the Norton announcement and wasn't too pleased. I liked Bana. Norton just seems to have this wussy stigma to him that I can't get over. Are you happy with the choice?

I'm not sure if it was his decision. I think it's the new players in charge who are changing things up in order to kickstart the franchise. Personally I think Hurt is a great actor, but I haven't seen him do too many roles like this so I'm unsure of it.

Are you not a fan of Fletch or is it because Jackson was casted? I'd have casted Jason Lee.

I loved Fletch, I'm just bummed that it's Joshua freaking Jackson of all people. And Jason Lee would've been awesome!

Danny Trejo still wants to do a Machete one.
I was under the impression it had been green lighted. Not yet?

The last I heard, it sounded as though it was still just talk, but that was a while ago, so it very well could've been greenlit since then.
WannaB

Postby WannaB » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:51 pm

New info on The Dark Knight...

Whilst the Joker's visage hasn't been completely revealed in a hi-res, full color glossy photo, people are now generally aware of what Ledger's make-up job in upcoming Batman sequel "The Dark Knight" will look like.

Thus the big remaining question is that will the incident with Harvey Dent being scarred and becoming Two-Face be done in this film, or are they holding that plot point for a further sequel? Sounds like the former according to a scooper for film ick.

That site reports that scenes have been filmed with Aaron Eckhart in Two Face makeup and describes it as "scarring across the nose just a tad bit. One of his eye is deformed. And little bubbles across the scarring". They also re-iterate that Anthony Michael Hall 's role in the film is that of Edward Nygma (better known as 'The Riddler').
WannaB

Postby CheMateo » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:01 am

WannaB wrote:Thus the big remaining question is that will the incident with Harvey Dent being scarred and becoming Two-Face be done in this film, or are they holding that plot point for a further sequel? Sounds like the former according to a scooper for film ick.
I'm hoping that he would be Dent for most of the movie and that by the end he becomes Two Face. Everything gets set up for the third installment.

That site reports that scenes have been filmed with Aaron Eckhart in Two Face makeup and describes it as "scarring across the nose just a tad bit. One of his eye is deformed. And little bubbles across the scarring".
Have any photos or of the such been leaked out? I'm not sure I would want to spoil it for myself though. The description sounds underwhelming. But I'll just have to wait and see.

They also re-iterate that Anthony Michael Hall 's role in the film is that of Edward Nygma (better known as 'The Riddler').
All ready planting the seeds for the Riddler. Do you know if the plan is for two villians in the third movie? I was kind of hoping it would just focus on Two Face.
CheMateo

Postby WannaB » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:44 pm

Haven't heard of or seen any photos of Two Face yet.

And as far as the third film, for the past 2 years I've heard that the plan has been Joker as the main villain in the 2nd film with a Two-Face possibly serving as a supporting villain, and in the third film Two-Face would be the main baddy with Joker possibly serving as a supporting or co-villain.

And there were the rumors of the Penguin for the longest time, most were all but confirmed reports. There was also talk of Black Panther I believe. But now we know that Cillian Murphy is in the TDK as the Scarecrow, and that Anthony Michael Hall will be appearing as the Riddler, or at least as Edward Nygma. I haven't read The Long Halloween by Jeph Loeb, but apparently they are drawing from that comic a lot, and Hall's role will parallel the role of the Riddler in that particular comic.
WannaB

Postby CheMateo » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:40 am

WannaB wrote: There was also talk of Black Panther I believe.
There's a Black Panther in the DC universe? I'm not familiar with him. The only Black Panther I knew was from Marvel, T'Challa.
CheMateo

Postby WannaB » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:48 am

Shit, I knew I was thinking of the wrong guy.

Damn I should know this. It was another rich guy who dawned a dark looking outfit, and he's from the DC universe. I can never remember this guy cause I've never read anything that he's been in.
WannaB

Postby CheMateo » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:57 pm

I'm really curious as to who you were talking about. I did some digging around.

Were you thinking of the Black Mask? He was from a rich superficial family. Dropped on his head. Parents didn't care, they just wanted to make sure no one knew. Attacked by a raccoon or some animal. Again parents didn't care and just wanted to make sure no one knew. His parent's were friends with the Wayne family even though secretly they despised the Waynes. Anyway he killed his parents, inherited the money and Janus corp-the family business. Screwed it up and lost it all and was bought out by Wayne and at the same time his fiance broke up with him. Got pissed destroyed his mother's coffin and made into a mask.
CheMateo

Postby WannaB » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:35 pm

Just remembered that last post. My account was locked out for a week a while ago so to answer you, yes Black Mask was whom I was thinking about.

In any event, I've got some more TDK news. In regards to a description of the new Teaser which will be coupled with The Simpson's Movie.

The Batman Begins/revamped TDK logo comes into picture as Bruce Wayne (Bale) and Alfred (Caine) are providing a voice over conversation. The Batman logo is blasted apart by beams of light from behind it and the Joker card comes takes the bat logo's place with the Joker (Ledger) speaking this line; "Before this night is over, people will die. I
WannaB

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion