Best of CHIKARA DVD Review

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Best of CHIKARA DVD Review

Postby Modified Cravate » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:54 pm

Please Click if you like what you read...
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/articl ... ikara.html
---------------------------------------------------

CHIKARA just released their new DVD on November 6th entitled "Best of CHIKARA". 9 of CHIKARA's best CHIKARA Matches are reviewed, including Mike Quackenbush and Claudio Castagnoli's encounter at Negative Balance.

WARNING: These ratings are based on how entertained I was during these matches. That means these matches could get 5-Stars based on amazing comedy and some OK wrestling. So serious raters... beware...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The DVD opens up with the old opening of the CHIKARA Podcast A-Go-Go, highlighting some of CHIARA Most Famous Moments. We end with a reverse rana, and instead of going to Mike Quackenbush and Wiggly in an elevator
Modified Cravate

Postby LunchBoX » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:17 am

I picked up this DVD yesterday, im loving it. All the matches are good, and the production of the actual DVD is good. Though i would have liked maybe a Del Rey match instead of the Womens tag. And maybe a Cibernetico.

I go the Hydra trading card :D
LunchBoX

Postby Chicago's Finest » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:52 pm

man, my local FYE doesn't sell any good indy dvd's. I'll order this from the internet though, thanks a lot for the review.
Chicago's Finest

Postby tankillo » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:29 am

I got sexy chuckie t
tankillo

Postby RobGrayson » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:45 pm

I just made an order for this through the RoH site, for a mere 9.95 I can't go wrong.
RobGrayson

Postby Modified Cravate » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:02 pm

Right on. These DVDs are selling like hot-cakes. And those things sell FAST. I went into FYE today to pick up another copy to give away for a contest next week, and they were all out. It put a smile on my face too see how much well their DVD is selling. It was number 7 yesterday in Sports DVDs.

And I also got Hydra. It gives me chills down my back everytime I look at it. Scary stuff.
Modified Cravate

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:09 pm

I got the Hydra card as well. Pretty fun set so far.
TigerDriver98

Postby IndyMadman » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:44 pm

I love PWG and ROH, but I was very disappointed in this dvd. It was my first taste of Chikara and I was looking forward to it very much. The matches were basic in comparision to PWG and ROH. The high spots were typical indy ones and I felt the matches could be located on the undercard of just about any PWG or ROH show.

With that said, I'm sure Chikara is a niche' wrestling show that apparantly isn't for me.
IndyMadman

Return to General Discussion