Joey Ryan's FIP debut

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

Joey Ryan's FIP debut

Postby ozmania » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:22 pm

Joey Ryan made his debut for ROH's sister promotion FIP in Florida this past Saturday Night. Here are two different reports I read for his debut. Although he lost the match, I'd still say his outing was successful.

From Wrestling Observer
Joey Ryan comes out to a huge ovation. He cuts a promo on Sal Rinauro, stating that he is a major player and a former WCW Cruiserweight Champion. I don't remember this whatsover. Sal Rinauro comes back and cuts a promo of his own and we're off to the races.

Match #6: FIP Florida Heritage Champion Sal Rinauro defeated Joey Ryan to retain the title. This was BUYS~! in every sense of the word. The match begins with pure comedy to start it, with Sal and Joey trading moves. It took both men four tries to do a kip-up. They did the infamous Eddie/Dean spot where they trade moves and stare each other down after a series of moves. Anyways, Joey ran wild to start until Sal started to cheat. The fans started to chant "Sal's a chicken" again, and I cringed. Thankfully the other side chanted "please don't chant that", and nullified my lobotimized state. Sal continued to cut him off and beat on him some more until Joey made a small comeback. We saw some light high-flying maneuvers until Sal hit a springboard spin kick for the win. Clean! (***) "Please Come Back" chant for Joey.

From ROH Messageboard
Sal Rinauro retained the FIP Florida Heritage title over Joey Ryan. Joey was a face and was WAY over with the FIP crowd.
Note: Last night at GEAR (a promotion in Florida) these two teamed, and Sal turned on Ryan.
These two wrestled a very fun match, early on working the typical heel tactics for some fun comedy, and went about 10 - 15 or so but Sal won with his Reverse 180 Springboard kick to the face. Joey Ryan got a massive "please come back" chant.
ozmania

Re: Joey Ryan's FIP debut

Postby spearo » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:25 pm

good for him he deserves it mostly all his matches are comedy and was one of the things that got me in to watching pwg
spearo

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:06 am

I noticed Joey having FIP on his myspace calendar, I'm glad everything went well for him and wish him all the best.
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby RobGrayson » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:51 am

Joey should have won though, but oh well, hopefully Erik Stevens will be experiencing a Moustache Ride ASAP.
From Parts Unknown - Wrestling Reviews and Discussion - http://www.facebook.com/PartsUnknownFanPage
RobGrayson

Return to General Discussion