TNA to invade Comic Con

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

TNA to invade Comic Con

Postby Lord Akiyama » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:44 pm

IESB.net is reporting that Total Nonstop Action Wrestling will be making their presence felt at the San Diego Comic Con in San Diego, California. They are reporting that TNA is among the sponsors of the annual WRATH OF CON party to take place on the roof of the Hard Rock Cafe Friday, July 24 from 9pm to 1am. In addition, TNA will be setting up a six-sided ring and present wrestling action with Kurt Angle, Christopher Daniels, Suicide, and The Motor City Machine Guns currently announced as appearing. The party is not open to the public, but five Comic Con attendees will win a pair of tickets during the Masters of the Web panel on Thursday, July 23 from 3pm to 4pm. Tickets for Comic Con have been sold out for roughly two months.
Lord Akiyama

Re: TNA to invade Comic Con

Postby KickToKill » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:45 pm

Damn, TNA & GWAR at the comic con, Sounds like it's gonna be a helluva time
KickToKill

Postby iamnotdrtran » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:26 pm

Another party I never would have gotten into.
At least I saw GWAR.

Hurricane Helms said he was there, but I never saw him.

I only saw Virgil being all alone again. I've been going to comic con for years and have never seen anyone talk to him.
iamnotdrtran

Postby CheMateo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:37 pm

iamnotdrtran wrote:I only saw Virgil being all alone again. I've been going to comic con for years and have never seen anyone talk to him.
:lol: Did you take a picture of him all alone?

More of this, I assume.

Okay you comic-con attendees, please share any interesting tales you may have. A comic con as huge as this is bound to be filled with interesting encounters, sightings, and conversations.

I heard that Gary Oldman didn't tell anyone that "Batman 3" is going to start production next year for a 2011 release. On top of that I just came across a bizzare rumor that Miley Cyrus auditioned for Batgirl!

Miley Cyrus has reportedly auditioned for the role of Batgirl in the proposed Dark Knight sequel.

It is understood that the Hannah Montana star donned a batsuit and prepared her own dialogue for Warner Brothers executives, who are said to have been "stunned" by her performance.

"She was sort of hopping around the room and had even written some dialogue for herself," an insider told The Globe. "The problem is, some people aren't really convinced Miley has the acting chops to pull it off."

The part of Batgirl was played by Yvonne Craig on the 1960s US TV series, while Alicia Silverstone portrayed the caped heroine for 1997 film Batman & Robin.
CheMateo

Postby WannaB » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:50 pm

FALSE FALSE FALSE!

Miley Cyrus is not playing Batgirl.
WannaB

Postby Lord Akiyama » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:37 am

The biggest geek-out moment for me this year was set actually outside the Convention Center. I read about a viral campaign Disney started to market Tron Legacy and me and my friends decided to take part. Best decision in the world. We started with a scavenger hunt for three "Flynn Lives" posters hung up in the Gaslamp area, using blacklights to uncover coordinates within them. Placing the coordinates together, we came upon...

FLYNN'S ARCADE!!!

Going inside was like going through a literal timewarp. All things 80's with classic arcade games, table hockey, and music. But best of all, we got to play Space Paranoids!

After about fifteen minutes, the power flickered and a secret door was opened behind the Tron machine. Inside we walked through a hallway that showcased concept designs for the new Lightcycle while the new Daft Punk score played. After turning a corner, we came upon a live Lightcycle model on display.

My friends and I left with copies of the "Flynn Lives" poster and Flynn's Arcade T-shirts. Total geek-out moment for us.

Fan Cam from power flicker to Lightcycle model:
Lord Akiyama

Return to General Discussion