Bryan Danielson Name Change

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Re: Bryan Danielson Name Change

Postby CheMateo » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:52 pm

I thought Danielson looked great and held his own. I marked for the old school Liontamer.

El Hijo del Generico wrote: It also shows that WWE listens to the internet fans more than they let on.
I don't entirely agree with this. Mentioning Danielson's outside exploits and acknowledging the wrestling scene outside the WWE bubble is not exactly listening to internet fans. Otherwise I think the ECW brand would've been different, they wouldn't have gone to a TV-PG policy, etc. Although instead of fearing the internet entirely they have smartened up somewhat by creating this whole WWE Universe deal.
CheMateo

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:23 am

I'm not saying they care a lot, just that they have more of an ear to the net than they act like.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby CheMateo » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:48 pm

Yes that is true. I just wish they would take better advantage of the net like ECW used to with their Cyberslam events.
CheMateo

Postby OSKMIA » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:52 pm

Alright people are going to hate me, but it needs to be said.

Ok so I put off answering my own question for a week now because I wanted to see how Bryan did this week. And to tell you the truth I have not been impressed with Bryan's performance on NXT so far. I'm not a Dragon hater, I am a huge fan, I want him to succeed, but it's very frustrating. Last week he was very nervous, he stumbled on some his words, and his match with Y2J was ok, but that was a 5 minute match, so I get that. This week he looked very uncomfortable with Wade Barrett, and he botched a springboard (come on you know that made you cringe). Quite frankly we have all seen him do better. This nice guy gimmick just isn't cutting it, he's better off as a dick cocky heel e.g. ROH champ days. I guess that's not really his fault though, I think they are asking him to be the good guy. Right now Justin Gabriel is blowing Daniel Bryan out of the water.
OSKMIA

Postby CheMateo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:27 pm

I haven't seen tonight's episode yet so I can't comment. But I don't think Danielson underperformed last week. The word stumble was nothing major. I thought he was able to play off the Miz and get good heat. Yeah his match with Jericho was too short but for the six or so minutes they got, they made the best out of that little time. At least I thought so.
CheMateo

Postby MegaKnux » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:10 am

OSKMIA wrote:Alright people are going to hate me, but it needs to be said.

Ok so I put off answering my own question for a week now because I wanted to see how Bryan did this week. And to tell you the truth I have not been impressed with Bryan's performance on NXT so far. I'm not a Dragon hater, I am a huge fan, I want him to succeed, but it's very frustrating. Last week he was very nervous, he stumbled on some his words, and his match with Y2J was ok, but that was a 5 minute match, so I get that. This week he looked very uncomfortable with Wade Barrett, and he botched a springboard (come on you know that made you cringe). Quite frankly we have all seen him do better. This nice guy gimmick just isn't cutting it, he's better off as a dick cocky heel e.g. ROH champ days. I guess that's not really his fault though, I think they are asking him to be the good guy. Right now Justin Gabriel is blowing Daniel Bryan out of the water.

I kind of agree that he's not doing the best, but I'm not sure if that springboard was actually botched. It may have just been because of his kayfabe injured ribs. Can't tell for sure, though.
MegaKnux

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:15 pm

MegaKnux wrote:
OSKMIA wrote:Alright people are going to hate me, but it needs to be said.

I kind of agree that he's not doing the best, but I'm not sure if that springboard was actually botched. It may have just been because of his kayfabe injured ribs. Can't tell for sure, though.

thats what someone else said on their site. The injured ribs keep you from doing a lot. I don't think he under performed. I think he is doing a great job. He's pushing things far and will be a great star in there. Too many people focus on the characters they are. I think Danielson is a better wrestler each and every time I see him. And Gabriel is good but lets see how this plays out. Because I'm sure put to the real test Danielson can make him tap out and then punch him in the ear with no real problem.

It' only episode 2, there is still a bit more time to see how this plays out. Besides it seems the american dragon is getting more of a push and is being watched far more the Jennifer Hudson's Fiance or Gabriel. They have wanted Dragon for a while it seems and even J.R. said it. He sees a lot coming from that young man as he put it.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Souf Centrol » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:15 pm

I don't like how cole only bashes when dragon is being talked about.

Yeah when he slipped, I thought it was because of the ribs. Ole dude covered up nicely though
Souf Centrol

Postby OSKMIA » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:41 pm

I saw two replays of the springboard and his left foot slipped. Could that be because of the injured ribs, I don't know. Even Bryan said on his twitter that he was dissapointed with his performance and that being hurt was no excuse.

I'm not saying that Gabriel is a better wrestler than Bryan because we all know that's not true. All I'm saying is that he blew Bryan out of the water DEBUT wise. When I saw Gabriel he impressed the shit out of me, compare that to Bryan's debut and he looked kind of reckless.

But it's still early so I'm not giving up on him, this was just a "let's see how he's doing so far" kind of thing.
OSKMIA

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:21 pm

Jericho really covered for him, and attributed to his ribs first I think. It really helped. But the flying knee was awesome.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby CheMateo » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:22 am

The flying knee off the apron did look sweet. I don't think Danielson had a bad week. To be honest, only Danileson and Gabriel really appeal to me so far. All the other guys seem bland to me. Danielson and Gabriel have the most unique style. The other guys just seem like Vince's fantasies. Big oafs who punch, kick, and do sleepers. I know it is only the second episode but none of their matches have really stood out.

Jericho's protege may have potential. At the very least I like his character, a tough bare knuckle brawler. But I don't really know if he is any good in the ring yet.

Black John Cena is creepy.
CheMateo

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:08 am

Wade Barrett seems cool, I think he could work out. Gabriel didn't do it for me, especially with his weird entrance outfit. Otunga is cool, too. And B-Dan is the man.

But Blackface Cena is so weird looking I can't focus on anything else. Skip Sheffield is no good, because I remember Ryan Reeves from tough enough and it makes the gimmick seem even faker. Heath Slater is le douche.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby Colt Banana » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:53 pm

He's been good so far and the fact that I get to watch Bryan Danielson wrestle every week on tv is enough for me. I can't stand Slater at all, Gabriel was decent but didn't blow me away and I'm actually curious about Michael Tarver since I thought his debut promo was decent.
Colt Banana

Postby Whoblehwah » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:00 pm

I hope Justin Gabriel makes it onto Smackdown from this. He's a real solid talent. I wouldn't mind seeing him mix it up with Dolph Ziggler, Shelton Benjamin, John Morrison, Rey Mysterio, or any of the other SD midcarders.
Whoblehwah

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:52 pm

Is it me or does Heath Slater look like a Gingered version of Owen Wilson? hmmm

Anyway it's starting to unravel well. They are pushing Danielson hard. And Angel as well. I can see The dragon going to Raw and Angel Going to Smackdown.

So far they are setting the feuds nicely
DjEn3rgy21

Postby MegaKnux » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:22 am

I would've loved to see that Bryan/Khali match in front of an irate, super-smarked up audience.

I mean this whole thing is like a roller-coaster. One week, everybody loves him (even more than R-Truth) and the next week nobody cares. That's got to be unsettling.
MegaKnux

Previous

Return to General Discussion