What was the longest fight in history of wrestling

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Re: What was the longest fight in history of wrestling

Postby El Asian » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:05 pm

I guess somebody read this thread because a local fed here in SoCal is trying to beat the record

http://socaluncensored.com/latest-news/ ... tempt.html
El Asian

Postby Barbed_Wire_Bored » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:38 pm

I'm a bit late in replying here, but wow, I will be seriously interested to see if they can actually keep the interest in the match for the full 6 hours.

I know most fans get tired after about 4-5 hours of different matches, let alone 6 hours of ONE match, and let alone wrestle in one for that long.
Barbed_Wire_Bored

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:08 pm

I never get tired of long matches or long shows. Back in the good ole IWA days, every show was 4 to 5 hours long down in Southern Indiana. Actually one time Ian Rotten was gonna run a 24 hour wrestling show, it never happened but that would be incredible. Shame on you barb wire bored lol.
krayzie Bone

Postby Barbed_Wire_Bored » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:44 pm

Barbed_Wire_Bored wrote:most fans

Not all, so, shame un-done :)
Barbed_Wire_Bored

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:42 pm

Exactly most fans, sorry didn't mean to put you in that category. Us old IWA fans are a dying breed my dude, well actually let me rephrase it, we are a dead breed because IWA is probably done for good. lol
krayzie Bone

Postby El Asian » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:40 pm

honestly, I don't know if anyone can sit through watching 1 wrestling match for 6 hours these, I believe fans that sat through the Ed Lewis vs. Joe Stecher match actually walked out during the match because it dragged during the 5th hour, at least from what I researched
El Asian

Postby Barbed_Wire_Bored » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:55 pm

No matter how much 'wrestling used to be good when it was mat based and last an hour' comes in to it, 6 hours is a seriously long time for one match with only two guys in it. The longer you make a match, the more rest time you need to have (it stands to reason) so why not just make the match shorter to start with? I don't mean like a 3 minute spot-fest, but some happy medium of the two.

Saying that, I respect whoever wants to go that long, and good luck to them on the record attempt!
Barbed_Wire_Bored

Postby Barbed_Wire_Bored » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:34 am

Record Broken!

Source: prowrestling.com "The Guinness Book of World Records announced last week that six independent pro wrestlers have officially broken the previous record for longest pro wrestling match after they competed in "The Ultimate Ironman Match" last November. The wrestlers competed for 12 straight hours, beating the previous record set in the early 1900's of 11 hours and 30 minutes. They rotated in and out of the ring throughout the match but kept at least two in the ring at all times. "Guinness declared that Ohio wrestlers Lightning Tim Lutz, Sid Fabulous, The DarkAngel, Logan Cross, DJ Tom Sharp and American Kickboxer II had officially set a new record. Many wrestling promotions have claimed to hold the record over the years but the November 2010 match is the only record verified by Guinness."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYXj93GFgzo - Part 1 of 3, enjoy! :D
Barbed_Wire_Bored

Previous

Return to General Discussion