Nolan casts Catwoman and Bane in Dark Knight Rises

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Nolan casts Catwoman and Bane in Dark Knight Rises

Postby Lord Akiyama » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:32 pm

After months of speculation, Selina Kyle will officially be in the forthcoming finale to Christopher Nolan's Batman film trilogy, "The Dark Knight Rises." Playing the woman better known as Catwoman will be Academy Award nominee Anne Hathaway.

Nolan said the following in a press release issued by Warner Bros.
"I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story."

As accustomed with the majority of Nolan films, the film's storyline is still a mystery. IGN proposes that it opens with Catwoman filling the void left by the now fugitive Batman and it is her vigilante activity that prompts the latter to return. The press release did not state whether or not Selina Kyle would actually appear as her costumed alter-ego, but many believe it is likely.

In addition, it was also announced that Bane would become Batman's primary antagonist and he will be played by Tom Hardy, best known for playing Eames in Nolan's "Inception."

"I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman's most formidable enemies."

While Nolan has not gotten into any real detail about the characterization of Bane, many hope that it is more faithful to the comics as opposed to the debacle Joel Schumacher did for "Batman and Robin."

The principles of the film series will return. Nolan directing and co-writing, his brother Jonathan writing the screenplay, David Goyer helping out with the story. Produced by Emma Thomas and Charles Roven. Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, and Morgan Freeman returning as Bruce Wayne, Alfred Pennyworth, Commissioner Jim Gordan, and Lucius Fox respectively. The release date is set for July 20, 2012.
Lord Akiyama

Re: Nolan casts Catwoman and Bane in Dark Knight Rises

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:46 pm

I hope Nolan doesn't fall into the too many villains trap that alot of superhero movies end up doing. I trust him because he's awesome, but it still is a cause for concern.
El Hijo del Generico

Return to General Discussion