The Expendables 2

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

The Expendables 2

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:33 pm

'Nuff said.
Lord Akiyama

Re: The Expendables 2

Postby CheMateo » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:27 pm

I was really disappointed with the first installment. However, I am optimistic and excited about the next chapter. I am glad Jean Claude saw the error of his ways and signed up for this one. I missed JCVD in the last one. Plus, Bruno & Ahnuld have larger roles this time around which certainly helps. In addition to all of that, it is being helmed by Simon West, the director of the cheesy delight, Con Air! So hopefully with all those ingredients in play we will certainly have a fun explosive action vehicle this coming August.
CheMateo

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:53 pm

I didn't love the first one either, but man... how can they possibly screw THIS up?
TigerDriver98

Postby Audico » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:17 pm

Man, i can tell that the first one was Fuc*ing Awesome and this one, is going to be awesome too. BUT, i don't like Chuck Norris...
Audico

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:53 pm

I'm sold.
TigerDriver98

Postby Lord Akiyama » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:40 pm

Now THAT was greatness. 8)
Lord Akiyama

Postby CheMateo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:37 pm

Expendables 2 TV spot.

So excited!

Chit chat with JC.

If "The Expendables" brought the pantheon of action-movie heroes together for one balls-to-the-wall R-rated epic, then the amounts of badassery that "The Expendables 2" promises to bring to the table is even further off the charts.

Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger are upping their game from cameos to full-fledged co-stars this time around, with Chuck Norris roundhouse kicking his way into the fray as well. And then there's Jean-Claude Van Damme, who won't be just another mercenary following Sylvester Stallone's lead, either. Quite the opposite, in fact: The Muscles from Brussels is going to be the movie's villain.

"I play Mr. Vilain," the actor told MTV News during a recent interview. "And I kill one of [the Expendables]."

Which Expendable will meet his maker at Vilain's hands? Van Damme wouldn't spill the beans. But he did explain why he wanted to go the villainous route for "Expendables 2" rather than join Stallone's rag-tag group of good-guy mercenaries.

"They asked me if I wanted to be an Expendable guy, and they said it's going to be a big franchise. But I don't want to be in 'Expendables 20,' " he said. "I want to play a villain to make a good impression. When you play a villain, you get more from Stallone. He gives you more screen time, and then we'll see what happens. I think him and I did a good job together."

It's not just his dynamic with Stallone that Van Damme enjoyed, either. The Belgian actor got to work with a healthy portion of the action icons on the "Expendables" cast, folks he already knew from various encounters over the course of his storied career.

"You have all those guys: Chuck Norris, Arnold, Bruce Willis, and there's lots of testosterone," he said of the vibe on set. "In 'Expendables,' you have all of those guys with their trailers and bodyguards. I knew them all. I knew Chuck when I came [to Hollywood] years ago, Arnold with 'Last Action Hero.' Bruce Willis, I met him once on Sunset [Boulevard] while driving and racing together. Since I'd met all of them ... I was the guy going there in a very friendly way. It was cool. For me, it was cool."

Of course, even with all of those stars in the mix, it's Van Damme versus Stallone that fans will want to look out for. With Stallone set as the series' protagonist and Van Damme in the mix as the main baddie, it's bound to get explosive when these two titans finally clash on the big screen.

"It's like [George] Foreman versus Muhammad Ali," he grinned

CheMateo

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:55 pm

Just about a week away now, can't wait

TigerDriver98

Postby CheMateo » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:19 am

Today is the day!

Hey, TigerDriver98 have you seen the trailer to Arnold's new flick? The trailer was finally released.

I'll be there for The Last Stand. 8)
CheMateo

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:13 pm

Saw this earlier today... and it was a total blast. Everything that the first movie should have been and more. Probably the most fun I've had seeing a movie in years. My only complaint would be not enough screen time for JCVD (who is great in his few scenes), but that is pretty minor. Old school action fans should get a real kick out of this movie. Hopefully it will do well enough to warrant another sequel. Maybe with the rumored Harrison Ford, Clint Eastwood, Wesley Snipes, Nick Cage and Jackie Chan as part of the cast! And hey would it kill them to give Michael Biehn some work?

CheMateo wrote:Hey, TigerDriver98 have you seen the trailer to Arnold's new flick? The trailer was finally released.

Yeah, I am really looking forward to that one too. I also think Stallone's upcoming "Bullet to the head" looks fun (though I may be in the minority on that one). We just need the trailer for Stallone/Arnold's "The Tomb" now.
TigerDriver98

Postby CheMateo » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:03 pm

Yes indeed, Expendables 2 hit the spot. It was a vast improvement over the first installment. A bit more CGI than I would have liked with this crew involved but that is nothing to really complain about. No shaky cam, great fights, and plenty of one liners. I now pronounce you man and knife. The viewing experience was great as it was full of cheesy action film fans. People, myself included, were popping when Arnold was back, when Chuck came through the smoke, and when JC did his Five Star Split Kick not once but TWICE!

TigerDriver98 wrote: My only complaint would be not enough screen time for JCVD (who is great in his few scenes), but that is pretty minor.

Yes, JC was criminally underused as he was a great heel. I loved it when JC asked Hemsworth if he feared him and then proceeded to roundhouse kick that knife into his heart! YEAH! I need a fix of more JC in slick Hollywood productions.

Expendables 2 has gotten me even more excited for The Last Stand. I think that one will be a doozy! I am also hoping Expendables III goes down with at least some of those names mentioned. I agree on Biehn. I was sad Biehn was nowhere to be found in Avatar.

I am not as excited about Bullet to the Head as I am for the Tomb, but I do agree that it does not look as bad as some people are proclaiming. But I guess that is just us.
CheMateo

Postby TigerDriver98 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:42 pm

Any fans of Expendables should go see "Dredd". Another awesome r rated action movie.... that is sadly tanking in the box office for some reason. A real shame. See it while you can.
TigerDriver98

Postby CheMateo » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:41 pm

Yeah, I heard some decent buzz about Dredd. I had some mild interest initially as the new Dredd felt reminiscent of The Raid: Redemption and it apparently is closer to the source material. I am sure it can be no worse than the Stallone version. With your vote of confidence I will check it out. It is still playing near me.
CheMateo

Postby TigerDriver98 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:08 pm

CheMateo wrote:Yeah, I heard some decent buzz about Dredd. I had some mild interest initially as the new Dredd felt reminiscent of The Raid: Redemption and it apparently is closer to the source material. I am sure it can be no worse than the Stallone version. With your vote of confidence I will check it out. It is still playing near me.

Ha, yeah... I don't know too many people who went to see it. Poor Marketing/3D/Bad memories of the Stallone movie, something went wrong somewhere. I thought it was really good though (think Robocop meets Die Hard). Let me know what you thought if/when you get around to seeing it.

In Expendables 3 news though, it appears Nicolas Cage has been confirmed for the movie. I'm not the biggest Nick Cage fan in the world, but I can see him in fitting in well.
TigerDriver98

Return to General Discussion