News on Davey Richards' first ROH show

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

News on Davey Richards' first ROH show

Postby evilpaz » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:09 am

Special Challenge Match
Jimmy Rave with Prince Nana vs. the debuting Davey Richards

This was the first match I believe of the night. The show was supposed to start at 7:30 and I got there was 15 minutes before that. Anyway, Rave came out and right away gennerated a ton of heat. People started throwing rolls of toilet paper at him, which he picked up and threw back into the crowd. My friend wasn't looking and almost caught one right in the face lol. The match started off slow as nobody knew who Richards was so the crowd was pretty quiet but then they started getting all over Rave again when Richards started to dominate. Chants like "Fuck you Jimmy" and "Die Jimmy Die". There was also a man who kept getting up and yelling while wearing a Green Lantern shirt, so throughout the whole show we all chanted "Fuck Green Lantern". I was surprised at the outcome of this. Rave got dominated most of the match, then had a flurry where you thought he'd pull it out, but Richards wasn't having it. Richards won to my surprise.

1) Davey Richards beat Jimmy Rave. Pretty long match at over 15 minutes. Richards got the win with a double underhook brainbuster, and the crowd seemed into him.

I'm happy for Davey. I'm kinda surprised he debuted and actually went over against someone like Jimmy Rave. I'm sure Davey's in for big things in ROH. Good for him.
evilpaz

Postby DBDIV » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:11 pm

Sounds good, that match will be the main reason I'll be picking up that DVD when in comes out.
DBDIV

Postby Jimmy The Lobster » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:00 am

I got to the show late and missed this match. It was probably the match I was looking most foward to....guess I gotta wait for the DVD as well
Jimmy The Lobster

Postby Wreckless » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:08 am

roh have also booked him against aj styles in a upcomming show...cant remmeber which one though :roll: looks like they are going to give him a quick push up the roster
Wreckless

Postby RM Punk » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:12 am

A match with AJ Styles? Talk about underwhelming :x
RM Punk

Postby evilpaz » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:36 pm

Davey/ROH update:

Davey is teaming up with KENTA August 4 to face The Briscoe Brothers, then the next day he faces KENTA. I know (through interviews, not personally) that Davey loves the puroesu style so him pairing up with KENTA these two nights should be a big accomplishment for him.
evilpaz

Return to General Discussion