Ring "Overrated" Honor

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Ring "Overrated" Honor

Postby Dr. Dlok » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:58 pm

According to every Internet fan or a mojority, ROH is every wrestling fan's utopia. It can do no wrong, and it can never put on a terrible match, or have a terrible show, or terrible storylines.

Yes the very same ROH that had Ron Feinstein in a scandal with a 14-year-old boy, and the same ROH that had two gay men make out in their first ever match.

Personally I had nothing against ROH, but when their fans repeatedly try to change your mind, and constantly tell you that EVERYTHING is good, you get just a lil annoyed.

ROH is having a great run right now, but from 2002 to 2004 it seldomly had great shows, most of them were bad/decent/good.

Does everyone think ROH is the #1 Indy, and wrestling fan's utopia? I don't, do you?
Dr. Dlok

Postby 450 Splash » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:17 pm

I do feel ROH is the best indy fed today.I feel most of their cards are good to great and all their wrestlers always try their hardest.
450 Splash

Re: Ring "Overrated" Honor

Postby RM Punk » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:01 pm

Dr. Dlok wrote:According to every Internet fan or a mojority, ROH is every wrestling fan's utopia. It can do no wrong, and it can never put on a terrible match, or have a terrible show, or terrible storylines.

Yes the very same ROH that had Ron Feinstein in a scandal with a 14-year-old boy, and the same ROH that had two gay men make out in their first ever match.

Personally I had nothing against ROH, but when their fans repeatedly try to change your mind, and constantly tell you that EVERYTHING is good, you get just a lil annoyed.

ROH is having a great run right now, but from 2002 to 2004 it seldomly had great shows, most of them were bad/decent/good.

Does everyone think ROH is the #1 Indy, and wrestling fan's utopia? I don't, do you?

Way to generalise there, bro. And after reading that, do you have any idea what you're saying? Eh?
RM Punk

Postby WannaB » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:51 pm

Your saying that today is a different situation, and then you're saying that today & the past are the same.

I think that TODAY they are a fantastic promotion, and I know that a lot of wrestlers really enjoy working for ROH. Back then, yes they had problems. They weren't perfect, but that doesn't hold any ground on their current quality. Maybe it would if you were judging them overall, but I'm not gonna get further into that.
WannaB

Postby Big Joe » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:39 pm

I hate ROH.

But then again, I go to CZW every month.
Big Joe

Postby steven keen » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:52 pm

FUCK ROH!!!! i really feel that it is OVERRATED!! i know that all you smarks LOVE this shit but thats exactly what it is SHIT!!! for christ sake, they go nuts for a headlock, a fucking headlock!!! glad to hear that im not the only one that doesnt cream their pants when ROH runs a show!!!

once again FUCK ROH!!!

im my opinion ROH = WWE minors=BULLSHIT
:twisted:
steven keen

Postby Aaron » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:29 am

Dunno. I stopped watching ROH ages ago because, on the whole, it makes me want to stab my eyes and ears with a rusty screwdriver.
Aaron

Postby Dr. Dlok » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:01 am

THANK GOD I'm not the only one that dislikes that shit. I swear all their fans are so fuckin retarded. I'm getting tired of ROH constantly telling us that BRYAN DANIELSON IS THE BEST TECHNICAL WRESTLER IN THE WORLD! B-U-L-L!

I see the same type of a match on every card, yet every ROH fan screams at the top of their lungs that this was a CLASSIC! Come on, how many headlocks and backflips can I see?

They are so ignorant "ROH IZ THE BEST!!!1!11 CZW IZ ZOMGH DIEA!11!@"
Dr. Dlok

Postby RM Punk » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:33 am

Dr. Dlok wrote:THANK GOD I'm not the only one that dislikes that shit. I swear all their fans are so fuckin retarded. I'm getting tired of ROH constantly telling us that BRYAN DANIELSON IS THE BEST TECHNICAL WRESTLER IN THE WORLD! B-U-L-L!

I see the same type of a match on every card, yet every ROH fan screams at the top of their lungs that this was a CLASSIC! Come on, how many headlocks and backflips can I see?

They are so ignorant "ROH IZ THE BEST!!!1!11 CZW IZ ZOMGH DIEA!11!@"

Let me get this straight. Despite having failed logic, non-existent arguments and just generally making no sense... you're calling people other then yourself... ahem... "retarded"?!

Honestly, none of that makes any sense. The fans are all "so fuckin retarded"? Yes, I'm sure you're one to talk considering how much of an ass you're sounding right now. You're tired of people telling you that Bryan Danielson is the best technical wrestler in world because it isn't true? Have you considered maybe... just straight-up not listening, reading or whatever you're doing, it's obviously of your own choice, so you're the idiot who's wasting all their own time... that to me defines retarded. It's like sticking your finger in a mousetrap repeatedly and then complaining about it. You're an idiot.

And what should it matter if Danielson ISN'T the best in the world? Surely you don't care about technical wrestling since you don't even seem to able to understand what it's about (see your own second paragraph). And FYI, he's the guy calling himself the "Best in the World" since it is... ya' know... his gimmick, he's working it, since he's a wrestler. Is it getting through?

And honestly, if you like CZW, that's fine with me. But I've recently finished watching Cage of Death 7, and despite a couple of good efforts (mainly the matches without 'CZW regulars') it was a genuinely poor card with mostly 'retarded' spotfests and 'LOLZ deathmatches', I mean the fans didn't even seem to care about Joey Ryan vs. El Genrico... go figure... but hey, who am I to judge, right? I mean I'm just teh ignorant fan because clearly you know the score and understand pro wrestling as demonstrated by your posts thus far on this forum... riiiight.
RM Punk

Postby Big Joe » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:13 pm

And honestly, if you like CZW, that's fine with me. But I've recently finished watching Cage of Death 7, and despite a couple of good efforts (mainly the matches without 'CZW regulars') it was a genuinely poor card with mostly 'retarded' spotfests and 'LOLZ deathmatches', I mean the fans didn't even seem to care about Joey Ryan vs. El Genrico... go figure... but hey, who am I to judge, right? I mean I'm just teh ignorant fan because clearly you know the score and understand pro wrestling as demonstrated by your posts thus far on this forum... riiiight.

Joey vs Generico was TERRIBLE, especially live. The card was going fine until they decided to throw Hyde & Dahmer in a 10 minute borefest right after 2 red-hot matches. Killed the crowd until BLKOUT came out.
Big Joe

Postby RM Punk » Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:44 pm

Ryan/Generico was good. But ya' know, it probably just felt underwhelming on a CZW card where there is a certain expectation of pretentious craziness. Well, that's just my take on it.
RM Punk

Postby Big Joe » Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:16 pm

RM Punk wrote:Ryan/Generico was good. But ya' know, it probably just felt underwhelming on a CZW card where there is a certain expectation of pretentious craziness. Well, that's just my take on it.

No, it wasn't. It was awful. Joey was working hurt, so he limited himself. Generico busted out NONE of his high-flying shit, and he can't mat wrestle for shit. It was an ugly styles clash.
Big Joe

Postby Dr. Dlok » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:10 pm

RM Punk wrote:Let me get this straight. Despite having failed logic, non-existent arguments and just generally making no sense... you're calling people other then yourself... ahem... "retarded"?!

Honestly, none of that makes any sense. The fans are all "so fuckin retarded"? Yes, I'm sure you're one to talk considering how much of an ass you're sounding right now. You're tired of people telling you that Bryan Danielson is the best technical wrestler in world because it isn't true? Have you considered maybe... just straight-up not listening, reading or whatever you're doing, it's obviously of your own choice, so you're the idiot who's wasting all their own time... that to me defines retarded. It's like sticking your finger in a mousetrap repeatedly and then complaining about it. You're an idiot.

And what should it matter if Danielson ISN'T the best in the world? Surely you don't care about technical wrestling since you don't even seem to able to understand what it's about (see your own second paragraph). And FYI, he's the guy calling himself the "Best in the World" since it is... ya' know... his gimmick, he's working it, since he's a wrestler. Is it getting through?

For starters you make yourself look childish. To insult someone over the Internet is just plain retarded. You damn well know that I won't be able to knock your ass out in person, so you go and make a dick head out of yourself over the fuckin Internet, you fuckin low-life.

Its not my fault that I don't get thrilled of watching the same crappy ROH matches over and over and over. And no I'm not about to spend every last penny just to complete my ROH collection, and no I don't think Danielson is the best in the world, because he is so far away from Benoit.

Let me ask you a question. Do you even read my posts? Or do you assume what I wrote, and then reply? Seriously I'm saying something different. I acknowledge ROH's great accomplishments, but to constantly hear how classical that was is annoying.

For a promotion that prides itself by being a wrestling fan's utopia, it sure as hell seems boring.
Dr. Dlok

Postby RM Punk » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:24 pm

For starters you make yourself look childish. To insult someone over the Internet is just plain retarded. You damn well know that I won't be able to knock your ass out in person, so you go and make a dick head out of yourself over the fuckin Internet, you fuckin low-life.

So you're a hypocrite now? Way to go there. Keep it up.
RM Punk

Postby SoCalAndy » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:25 pm

RM Punk brings up amazing points, Dr. Dlok is an idiot. ROH is a great promotion. That is all.
SoCalAndy

Postby WannaB » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:19 pm

I really don't get how Dlok can say insulting people over the internet is retarded, but in his first post he calls all ROH fans fucking retards, and then he rips on RM Punk.

I don't get why you're being so bitter about this Dlok, and why you're taking ROH so personally. It's just making you look irrational. If you want to say that ROH sucks because thats your opinion then say it and leave it at that. To take on a facist, Nietzschian will to power over anyone who says otherwise, especially on the internet, is as you would say "fucking retarded."
WannaB

Postby shyboy13 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:42 am

Here are my 2 cents. ROH is the best independent wrestling company in the US right now. I dont think it really can be debated. I like them a little but I they are not my favorite. My favorite indies are:

1. PWG
2. CZW
3. ROH

I am very bias toward PWG so you can take their ranking with a grain of salt. CZW is awesome in my opinion though. They do a great job of entertaining in my opinion.

steven keen wrote:...for christ sake, they go nuts for a headlock, a fucking headlock!!! ...

Gosh I loved those sentences. That was a great quote. I too feel that ROH fans tend to get over excited by nothing in particular. Anytime a match has a headlock for 25 minutes followed by a chinlock for another 15 the fans say it is match of the year. A match of they year candidate in ROH only needs 2 or 3 moves per wrestler. Anything else would make the fans mad because wrestling moves are "sooooo 2003". On the other hand, they would say that a match where the wrestlers practically kill themselves was a bore because it had no psychology.

One thing good I can say about the ROH fans though is that at least they talk about wrestling on their board instead of insulting eachother.
shyboy13

Postby SoCalAndy » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:13 pm

CZW is awesome in my opinion though. They do a great job of entertaining in my opinion.

I know it's your opinion and all, but I just can't see how someone can be entertained by the shit CZW puts on now. A lot of their storylines are repetitive, they're pushing the wrong wrestlers(Niles Young is a big example of this), and they never present any fresh matches. Plus they stopped booking one of their most over acts and do a horrible job at promotiong their own shows.

I too feel that ROH fans tend to get over excited by nothing in particular.

The fact that they get excited about their favorite wrestling product is hardly a bad thing.

Anytime a match has a headlock for 25 minutes followed by a chinlock for another 15 the fans say it is match of the year.

No they don't.

A match of they year candidate in ROH only needs 2 or 3 moves per wrestler. Anything else would make the fans mad because wrestling moves are "sooooo 2003". On the other hand, they would say that a match where the wrestlers practically kill themselves was a bore because it had no psychology.

That makes no sense at all. Have you seen any of the matches that are considered "MOTY" by ROH fans?

One thing good I can say about the ROH fans though is that at least they talk about wrestling on their board instead of insulting eachother.

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA, oh man. That was hilarious. Seriously, do you even read the ROH board? Spend atleast 10 minutes there and you'll change your opinion.
SoCalAndy

Postby shyboy13 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:30 pm

My post was filled with exadurations (sp?). Don
shyboy13

Postby SoCalAndy » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:16 pm

I can't change your opinion, but I have to point out one thing.

Regarding the ROH message board fans, I think they have a tendency to be a bit more respectful on a post per post basis than PWG or CZW fans. PWG fans tend to be the most disrespectful in my opinion.

I don't like many PWG fans, but to say they're more disrespectful fans than ROH's fanbase is hilarious. Same goes for CZW fans. CZW fans mostly complain about the lack of violence, and during deathmatches most of them call wrestlers pussies for wearing shirts. The fans on the ROH boards are also annoying. You try and make a point that goes against the popular opinion on that board and you'll get flamed. Here, you get into a debate(unless you make a dumb statement that is meant to gain flames, then you get flamed) for the most part. PWG fans(while annoying in my mind) are saints when compared to ROH and CZW fans.
SoCalAndy

Next

Return to General Discussion