Ring "Overrated" Honor

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

Postby RM Punk » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:43 pm

I too feel that ROH fans tend to get over excited by nothing in particular. Anytime a match has a headlock for 25 minutes followed by a chinlock for another 15 the fans say it is match of the year. A match of they year candidate in ROH only needs 2 or 3 moves per wrestler. Anything else would make the fans mad because wrestling moves are "sooooo 2003". On the other hand, they would say that a match where the wrestlers practically kill themselves was a bore because it had no psychology.

That's just wrong in so many different ways.

1) You're generalising. That sucks :wink:

2) 'Moves' aren't the foundation of pro wrestling... they exist to serve a purpose, but they aren't THE match. There are so many other factors you have to consider when debating "what makes a good match".

3) Why should every match have to be 88 miles per hour? Is it really going to get over if every show is just a repeat of the last with guys/gals dispensing their move-set for the joy of the crowd? It has its place, but who does it really help in the long run?

A good example is TNA booking Samoa Joe vs. Jay Lethal on Impact for like a 4 minute meaningless wonder. Who really gets over from that?

And on a side-note, moves don't equal wrestling. If that were the case, the SATs and Red would still be over.
RM Punk
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:38 pm

Postby jayk359 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:08 pm

i watched a lot of ROH shows and its not for me.
jayk359
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:26 pm

Postby Paul Burns » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:16 pm

Once again, SoCal Andy nails it on the head. So, rather then delve into my opinion, I'll just say Andy is correct.
I'm Paul, You're Jealous
Paul Burns
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:56 pm
Location: BC, Canadia

Postby dxreydx » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:41 pm

I like ROH, my first two indy DVDs were the first two ROH shows. If it wasn't for ROH I would have never went to a PWG show which had Am Drag and a surprise guest of Christopher Daniels. Honestly at the time I went to see PWG for ROH wrestlers. ROH is the best Indy in the States, but I think most fans that dislike/despise/hate etc ROH is not because ROH is garbage. Its more of the fans over hyping it. Basically I think ROH fans are snobby. Its ROH or bust and they deny any other wrestling. I think that is the basis. To say ROH sucks though? Come on you have to be kidding me. I am sure if ROH came to So Cal a lot of us would see it. Those who are in So Cal may have bias towards PWG b/c we see it live all the time. A lot of us haven't seen ROH live and that could change anyone's opinion.
dxreydx
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:55 am

Postby Slappy » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:05 pm

SoCalAndy wrote: The fans on the ROH boards are also annoying. You try and make a point that goes against the popular opinion on that board and you'll get flamed. Here, you get into a debate(unless you make a dumb statement that is meant to gain flames, then you get flamed) for the most part. PWG fans(while annoying in my mind) are saints when compared to ROH and CZW fans.


The ROH boards are migraine inducing sometimes. Stealing a quote from someone 10x funnier than me "The ROH boards are full of stupid threads like, Which ROH wrestlers would you cast as Romeo in Juliet in Gabes adaptation of the Shakespeare classic"
User avatar
Slappy
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:31 pm

Postby Slappy » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:06 pm

Ha :wink:
User avatar
Slappy
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:31 pm

Postby KickToKill » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:42 am

I just got ROH 100th show....they don't show any Super Dragon in the main event! It f'n pissed me off..the psychodriver on BJ Shitmer through the table was cool but besides that there's not really a whole lot of Super Dragon in the six man tag
KickToKill
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: NYC

Postby shyboy13 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:57 pm

SoCalAndy wrote:I can't change your opinion, but I have to point out one thing.

Regarding the ROH message board fans, I think they have a tendency to be a bit more respectful on a post per post basis than PWG or CZW fans. PWG fans tend to be the most disrespectful in my opinion.


I don't like many PWG fans, but to say they're more disrespectful fans than ROH's fanbase is hilarious. Same goes for CZW fans. CZW fans mostly complain about the lack of violence, and during deathmatches most of them call wrestlers pussies for wearing shirts. The fans on the ROH boards are also annoying. You try and make a point that goes against the popular opinion on that board and you'll get flamed. Here, you get into a debate(unless you make a dumb statement that is meant to gain flames, then you get flamed) for the most part. PWG fans(while annoying in my mind) are saints when compared to ROH and CZW fans.


Here is my take on everything. PWG fans used to be quite annoying as they tended to attempt to be internet tough guys. It is easy to insult people on the internet because there are no real physical ramifications. I really think this has changed though and I am seeing much less insulting and more wrestling discussions. I have even seen well thought out debates on this board that has shown that wrestling fans have the ability to think critically. I think the majority of these people just post on SoCalUnsensored.com and leave the stupidity over there.

What you say about ROH fans is very true. If one disagrees with the status quo he is doomed to be flamed. The only difference is that they generally dont type stuff such as "Shut the fuck up because you are a faggot" or "Your mom sucks dick just like you do". You will get flamed over there but more or less in a respectful manner. This is not always true but rather is GENERALLY true.

CZW fans are cool in my opinion. They flame but not like the way PWG fans used to or the SoCalUnsensored fans do. They tend to like violent and highspot wrestling and there is nothing wrong with that. They flame but at least the majorty of their posts pertain to wrestling.

Come to think of it, we are all annoying. Wrestling fans are just weird people I guess.
shyboy13
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:09 am

Postby RM Punk » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:17 pm

KickToKill wrote:I just got ROH 100th show....they don't show any Super Dragon in the main event! It f'n pissed me off..the psychodriver on BJ Shitmer through the table was cool but besides that there's not really a whole lot of Super Dragon in the six man tag

Maybe... MAYBE... he didn't do all that much.

*shrugs shoulders*
RM Punk
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:38 pm

Postby KickToKill » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:29 pm

RM Punk wrote:
KickToKill wrote:I just got ROH 100th show....they don't show any Super Dragon in the main event! It f'n pissed me off..the psychodriver on BJ Shitmer through the table was cool but besides that there's not really a whole lot of Super Dragon in the six man tag

Maybe... MAYBE... he didn't do all that much.

*shrugs shoulders*
yeah you might have a point there...I just think it's because it's an ROH dvd and they film Samoa Joe more than anybody else in that match. That is their boy after all, But at the end of the match the crowd starts chanting "Match of the Year!"........, I wish I could've seen more of it!
KickToKill
 
Posts: 285
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: NYC

PWG fan here

Postby Pinky » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:19 pm

shyboy13 wrote:
Regarding the ROH message board fans, I think they have a tendency to be a bit more respectful on a post per post basis than PWG or CZW fans. PWG fans tend to be the most disrespectful in my opinion.


I am so glad you feel that way. Now I don't consider myself a DISRESPECTFUL fan in any way shape fashion or form, but I am a LOUD, ANNOYING, RABID wrestling fan who has a great time anyway. I am the kind who loves to be involved because it is great entertainment and I love to do so.

If ANYONE on this board FEELS that I am a DISRESPECTFUL fan, by all means say so!! I generally just laugh anyway! *giggles*

Pinky
~~I am beautiful no matter what negative things others say, NOTHING can or WILL bring me down. I will continue to be beautiful just the same~~
Pinky
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:25 am
Location: Tampa, Fl

Postby PsychoDriver » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:30 pm

Come to think of it, we are all annoying. Wrestling fans are just weird people I guess.


Honestly, I think you're more annoying than anyone. You complain all the time about fans and always have to pull the "DON'T FLAME ME PWG FANS ARE EVIL GRRRRR :( " card and shit. Just shut up about fans and talk about wrestling and stop being an annoying twat.

Wait...

Honestly, I think you're more annoying than anyone.


Nevermind, I think the ring crew guys are more annoying. You're close though.
PsychoDriver
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Reno, NV

Postby shyboy13 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:20 pm

Psychodriver,

You tell me to just talk about wrestling yet you said NOTHING about wrestling in your post. That is exactly what I speak of when talk about some PWG posters. If you really want to be tough, I suggest you get into fights in real life because getting crazy on the internet does not make a person tough. I will give you the last word because I will not respond to anything you post on this matter.

Pinky,

Your cool! I aint never read a stupid post by you before.
shyboy13
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:09 am

Postby PsychoDriver » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:31 pm

You tell me to just talk about wrestling yet you said NOTHING about wrestling in your post.


I told you to talk about wrestling because almost all your posts are bitchy bitchfests about fans acting "tough" online. I'm just here to defend the PWG fanbase and the people who are being accused of the shit you're claiming, because it's been getting on my nerves. If anything, you're the bigger shit talker, pal.

That is exactly what I speak of when talk about some PWG posters. If you really want to be tough, I suggest you get into fights in real life because getting crazy on the internet does not make a person tough.


How the fuck is anyone trying to act tough? Do you even read the posts or are you trying to pull some Gloria Allred/Tipper Gore shit on here and act all holy and shit? Maybe I will get into a fight in real life and act crazy, and after something happens I'll just tell the cops you made me do this and then you'd be in trouble for telling me to do this. You want to have an FBI file? Cause I can make it happen. I suggest you stop telling people to do crazy shit because someone might get crazy and might go to jail because you think wrestling fans are jerk. Looks like you're the real jerk here, jerk. :(

I will give you the last word because I will not respond to anything you post on this matter.


Good. Go spread your hate and bigotry elsewhere about how PWG fans are jerks and how ROH and CZW fans are saints. Go hang out with Bill Watts, racist.
PsychoDriver
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:57 am
Location: Reno, NV

Postby SoCalAndy » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:45 pm

I always tell the girls, never take it seriously, if you never take it seriosuly, you never get hurt, you never get hurt, you always have fun, and if you ever get lonely, just got to the record store and visit your friends.
SoCalAndy
 
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:00 am
Location: Pasadena, California

Postby Hulkushi » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:27 pm

You know my problem with the internet "anti-assholes" is that they always say you talk tough on the internet but what about in real life?

You see so I do boxing, bjj, and muay thai. Does that make me a tough guy? Not really.

You know what does? I got bills to pay. That makes you tough. Paying bills.

well imo.

nobody's trying to talk tough, everybody is just opinionated

and in my opinion, pinky is fat and needs Jenny Craig...
Hulkushi
 
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:44 pm

Postby Club Soda Kenny » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:13 pm

SoCalAndy wrote:I always tell the girls


hahahaha@ you talking to girls.
Club Soda Kenny
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:15 pm

Postby Pinky » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:09 pm

shyboy13 wrote:Pinky,

Your cool! I aint never read a stupid post by you before.


Thank you very much *muah*

Pinky
~~I am beautiful no matter what negative things others say, NOTHING can or WILL bring me down. I will continue to be beautiful just the same~~
Pinky
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:25 am
Location: Tampa, Fl

Postby Pinky » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:17 pm

Hulkushi wrote:and in my opinion, pinky is fat and needs Jenny Craig...


LMAO!! I am so glad YOU think I am fat. Boy please, after losing over 150 pounds in a year and half, I KNOW I AM NOT FAT at all!!!

Do me a favor there?? Come to the next PWG show and kindly say that to my face and I will give you an answer as only I can. And since YOU are the only dumbass who thinks I am fat and needs Jenny Craig, why dont YOU pay for it cause I know I don't need it.

Pinky
~~I am beautiful no matter what negative things others say, NOTHING can or WILL bring me down. I will continue to be beautiful just the same~~
Pinky
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:25 am
Location: Tampa, Fl

Postby Rish To The Rosh » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:55 pm

Pinky wrote:after losing over 150 pounds in a year and half

That's like, more than I weigh all together!!
Puma > TJ Perkins!
Rish To The Rosh
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:14 pm
Location: Scotland, UK

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests