Which match was better?

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Which match was better?

Postby Dr. Dlok » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:05 pm

Samoa Joe vs. Kenta Kobashi - "Joe vs. Kobashi"
Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels vs. AJ Styles - "Unbreakable"'

IMO the three-way was ten times better, then that craptacular match, and the reason I'm asking you guys, is cause I want to know IYO what was better.
Dr. Dlok

Postby bill1985 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:03 pm

Well, I love Joe vs. Kobashi, however, the three way is the better match of the two.
bill1985

Postby =DDT= » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:15 pm

I saw the Kenta Kobashi vs Joe online...... I had no clue who Kenta Kobashi was (not a big follower of international) but what I saw it was great match....

But IMO I thought the triple threat was one of the best matches I had ever seen.... the only change I would have made... instead of Joe Going to the outside, then Angelswing counter... it would have been AJ Pele's Joe turns gets Angelwinged, Daniels taunts AJ, Joe Chokes Daniels for the Win

But building it to have JOE AJ one on one was still good
=DDT=

Postby It's A Bomb » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:41 pm

The Joe/Daniels/Styles I match is one of the most overrated and overhyped matches in recent history. The TNA marks made it seem like it was the best match ever, when really it just seemed like a the type of match with a bunch of over choreographed and contrived spots. There was also too many predictable spots and the finish was very weak.

Joe/Kobashi was a lot more fun. It had a big fight atmosphere, told a pretty good story, and was pretty competitive. Plus the biggest advantage Joe/Kobashi had over the three way was that it wasn't followed up by a series of rematches that try way too hard to recreate the feeling the original match had because of lazy booking.

So yeah, Joe/Kobashi was worlds better.
It's A Bomb

Postby SoCalAndy » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:22 pm

The ending to Styles/Daniels/Joe 1 was pretty weak in my mind. That pretty much ruined the match for me. Joe/Kobashi was way better in my mind.
SoCalAndy

Postby WannaB » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:23 pm

It's A Bomb wrote:The Joe/Daniels/Styles I match is one of the most overrated and overhyped matches in recent history. The TNA marks made it seem like it was the best match ever, when really it just seemed like a the type of match with a bunch of over choreographed and contrived spots. There was also too many predictable spots and the finish was very weak.

Joe/Kobashi was a lot more fun. It had a big fight atmosphere, told a pretty good story, and was pretty competitive. Plus the biggest advantage Joe/Kobashi had over the three way was that it wasn't followed up by a series of rematches that try way too hard to recreate the feeling the original match had because of lazy booking.

So yeah, Joe/Kobashi was worlds better.

What he said...

The Joe/AJ/Daniels match didn't have a sense of flow, it wasn't very fluidic. Like Bomb said, a lot of choreographed spots, and they didn't make any effort to get from one spot to the next in a fluidic or reasonable fashion. Don't get me wrong, some of those moments were entertaining, but they didn't do a very good job of bridging them together, especially given their reputations & past performences.

Joe/Kobashi told a story with the wrestling. I'm not talking about the actual story, I mean to say that the match itself, everything they did fit into place, and it was far more believable & captivating.
WannaB

Postby Aaron » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:45 am

I'm going with the Kobashi vs Joe match for all the reasons given already here.

re: Joe vs Kobashi: It is a little overrated (I say a little as it was a very good match!)

re: AJ vs Joe vs Daniels: There was no flow. Loads of actions and spots but it finished in a wimper.
Aaron

Return to General Discussion