WSX Premiere

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

WSX Premiere

Postby WannaB » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:40 pm

Anyone else catch the sneek peek of the WSX premiere just now?

Only two matches... Sydal vs. Jack, & a "rumble" match.

The editing was kind of annoying. During the Sydal/Evans match they kept on cutting away to Lizzy Valentine & the commentary team for long periods, steering away from the action. Although they did deliver a solid match in the few minutes of TV time that they had.

The ring announcer seriously needs some fucking ritalin.

The "rumble" match was the royal rumble, a ladder match, and a faux-death match rolled into one. Not terribly exciting, but a spot-fest with special effects. Again here the editing sucked, they cut away in the middle to go to commercial. Being that it's taped so far ahead of time you'd think they might do a good job to fill you in on what happened during the break, or seemlessly cut back to where they left off, but they didn't. The break made the viewers miss out on a few people who entered and were then eliminated.

MTV's really aiming for the theatrical element with WSX which isn't a bad thing, it's just unusual since we rarely see such dedication these days. I think they just need to work on the editing, and maybe take themselves a little more seriously.

Just my opinion though. I dunno. I don't think WSX is ever going to rival TNA, but at least it's nice to see some of the local SoCal wrestlers get some exposure. As semi-over-the-top as parts of it might be, it's still entertaining (for now at least).
WannaB

Postby SoCalAndy » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:14 am

I thought this show was better than anything TNA has put on lately. Wait, I take that back. It wasn't as good as Mike Tenay and Don West being shown reading from scripts, or Eric Young and Jermey Borash buying condoms, but it was still better.

The show is obviously going to be cheesy, and I like that. They're not going out there to try and force themselves onto the scene and claim that they're better than WWE or TNA. They're also doing a great job at establishing their characters early on, which is something TNA hasn't done well.

I also like how the matches are going to be spotfests and such. It's a good way to get WWE fans hooked onto the product, and it's a great way to get the ADD filled fanbase of MTV into wrestling. I hate the crowd shots though, but that's something I could get use to. Besides, this was just a pilot episode, and there's no telling as to what we're going to see once the November tapings are on the air.

Also, I enjoyed the "NEXT" style graphics before the Evans/Sydal match that saw them both doing random shit before their match.

Overall, ok start. The real test begins when they start airing the actual series instead of the premier.
SoCalAndy

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:13 am

It's a nice start. The editing could use some work, I agree, but we still see enough of the action to get some satisfaction with what is being showcased. For the five minutes they were given, Jack and Matt did put on a great match. Jack definitely translated the best on TV and you can bet he's going to be one of the major stars of WSX if they are able to go beyond what has already been taped.

The WSX Rumble was just crazy. And I dunno if that's a good thing. Some will like it, some won't, others will be inbetween, like myself. They kinda just rushed everything out there in fifteen minutes before getting to the end. The post-production special effects weren't too over-the-top and actually did a fine job making the impacts look more devistating than they probably were live.

Not a bad way to begin the show. Like you guys said, the real test begins once the other episodes are shown.
Lord Akiyama

Postby Evilguest » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:35 am

I only saw the last 15 mins, I personally didn't like it. However they aren't aiming for my demographic either.

Still, I hope its does good for the sake of the wrestlers who need the work, ect.
Evilguest

Postby PsychoDriver » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:21 am

It could have used more explosions and flips, IMO.
PsychoDriver

Postby SAMD » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:32 am

It was fun and I was never bored which is not something I can say about the TNA and WWE products of current.
SAMD

Postby steven keen » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:54 am

i agree with most of the editing. i hated it. the ring announcer was an idiot. on the other hand i think that Kloss has gotten alot better since his XPW days. we will see and the show goes on.

i hope that WSX can establish its self. its ALWAYS good to have alternatives to watch in pro wrestling. especially on tv. makes for good conversation.

oh and SAMD stole my pic!!!!! hahahaha
steven keen

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:53 pm

I'm curious to see the whole phirana thing that they show in the previews and just what exactly type of match it was.
Lord Akiyama

Postby PsychoDriver » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:12 pm

I dunno, maybe it was some sort of Phirana Tank Deathmatch? I dunno, that's just a wild guess on my part.
PsychoDriver

Postby The_Icon » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:52 am

the ring annpuncer used to be gq money in xpw...he was kaos' manager..

he always sucked and was really annoying me w/ his announcing...I couldnt believe kriss kloss didnt yell once like he did in xpw...i actually liked his shriek cuz it was so random and annoying...i met him once and he's a pretty decent guy...the aother commentator, well i have no clue who the hell he was...

the rumble was extremely rushed and as ussual new jack botched everything he did except his sky dive...

the ending w/ 6pac trying to shake the ladder was really lame cuz he was barely even moving it...

also ive heard the belt changes hands twice within the 1st 2 shows...aint sayin much about how there gonna establish the title
The_Icon

Postby eastcoastbias » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:13 pm

Big f'n deal. Two matches taped on 2/9/06 in a stinkin' 100 y/o warehouse off I 5. Yawn... Given the attention span of most MTV viewers they'll be bored with it in no time. There were some wrestling fans there with me. Most people who were there were PAID to be there and couldn't care less about wrestling and made fun of the wrestling ! And the fact the show had so many XPW people involved the death clock is already running. Watch it while you can.
eastcoastbias

Postby TF » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:26 pm

The_Icon wrote:also ive heard the belt changes hands twice within the 1st 2 shows...aint sayin much about how there gonna establish the title

Nope. The first champion was crowned on the second episode. The title changes hands more than a month (TV time) after the first champion was crowned. For spoilers, click here: http://www.socaluncensored.com/modules. ... w_topic=28

There you will see where, when, and who wins the title.
TF

Postby The_Icon » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:47 pm

TF wrote:
The_Icon wrote:also ive heard the belt changes hands twice within the 1st 2 shows...aint sayin much about how there gonna establish the title

Nope. The first champion was crowned on the second episode. The title changes hands more than a month (TV time) after the first champion was crowned. For spoilers, click here: http://www.socaluncensored.com/modules. ... w_topic=28

Vampiro 1 November 11, 2006 Hollywood, California Defeated 6-Pac, after winning a qualifying battle royal at the pilot taping on February 10, 2006, to become the first champion.

Ricky Banderas defeated Vampiro to win the WSX Championship on november the 15th 2006...

guess you read wrong...4 days after vamp wins the belt he loses it to ricky banderas
The_Icon

Postby Club Soda Kenny » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:05 pm

The_Icon wrote:
TF wrote:

Vampiro 1 November 11, 2006 Hollywood, California Defeated 6-Pac, after winning a qualifying battle royal at the pilot taping on February 10, 2006, to become the first champion.

Ricky Banderas defeated Vampiro to win the WSX Championship on november the 15th 2006...

guess you read wrong...4 days after vamp wins the belt he loses it to ricky banderas

Do you honestly think MTV is airing a new episode every day? One episode = 1 week. So using the simple logic called "math", Vampiro holds the title for 6 weeks.
Club Soda Kenny

Postby TF » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:05 pm

This is what you said:

also ive heard the belt changes hands twice within the 1st 2 shows...aint sayin much about how there gonna establish the title

This is what I said:

The first champion was crowned on the second episode. The title changes hands more than a month (TV time) after the first champion was crowned.

Vampiro wasn't crowned the champion until the second episode, and Banderas didn't win it until a few episodes later. It wasn't the the first two shows, and it's close to two months, in TV TIME after Vampiro won the title. That's the point I'm trying to make.

To the MTV crowd that doesn't closely follow wrestling, it's going to seem like Vampiro was champion for atleast a month. That's the demographic they're trying to appeal the show to, and that demographic wont notice that the title changes hands a few days after Vampiro wins it.
TF

Postby The_Icon » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:52 pm

sorry not thinkin in the mtv way...i forgot this shit is taped in advanced and that im sure they mix the episodes up...guess that makes sense...

btw who is ricky banderas?
The_Icon

Postby WannaB » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:21 am

The_Icon wrote:sorry not thinkin in the mtv way...i forgot this shit is taped in advanced and that im sure they mix the episodes up...guess that makes sense...

btw who is ricky banderas?

How did you forget that it's taped in advance when you were just talking about how it was taped in advance?
WannaB

Postby cmsaint » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:43 pm

I wanna see tornado and joey ryan give out moonmen at the MTV Music awards!
cmsaint

Postby JasonDunn » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:35 pm

Personally? I'd like to see a few new Jackass shows, including one where Tornado pops out of nowhere, and pimp slaps the fuck out of Steve-O, see if he's laughing during that.
JasonDunn

Postby Hulkushi » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:44 pm

SoCalAndy wrote:I thought this show was better than anything TNA has put on lately. Wait, I take that back. It wasn't as good as Mike Tenay and Don West being shown reading from scripts, or Eric Young and Jermey Borash buying condoms, but it was still better.

The show is obviously going to be cheesy, and I like that. They're not going out there to try and force themselves onto the scene and claim that they're better than WWE

This is why I hate TNA programming more than i should, that and the fans. I hate TNA-tards so much, just as much as ROHbots, and that Nevin Steen kid that goes to the shows
Hulkushi

Next

Return to General Discussion