Teen Outreach Summit Results! 2/4 Lineup!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby noah_ther » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:44 am

I'm still baffled by the SD/Davey vs Los Luchas match. I understand it was basically a rushed finish that was improved, but why beat the hell out of Zokre? Did the fans not already get the idea that SD/DR was the "monster heel tag champs"? I'm kinda wondering if they are planning to take the titles off them next show b/c we have a rescheduled AJ/Daniels match, if they aren't planning to give those guys the belt then why run another match? I think Davey could easily go face now that he's improved so much in the ring and actually gotten alot of charisma and personality to him.
noah_ther

Postby Mac Machine » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:16 am

JayJay wrote:FYI (and for anyone who didn't catch it),

Who are you again? What makes you think that's what happened? If your just a fan trying to be an "insider", that's lame. If you are someone who works for the company in some aspect then if I was PWG I don't think I'd want someone coming onto their board and throwing out information that may or may not even be true.

It seems to me that the reason they are doing the tag is because they feel the fans got cheated because of something out of their control. I think the match could go either way, which is why I'm a little excited about it.
Mac Machine

Postby The Masked Akeem » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:57 pm

ToddMartin wrote:"This was the worst PWG show I
The Masked Akeem

Postby ToddMartin » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:17 pm

The Masked Akeem wrote:I think it's the "I think I'll watch UFC that evening instead" sentence that rubbed people the wrong way and ignited this firestorm.

Mostly because, even as you call the next show loaded, you relegate the PWG show to third-class citizen compared to UFC.

Fair enough. People who read what I write regularly probably realize that 1) I really like PWG 2) I really like MMA. I compared the two because that was my genuine thought process. I've been torn in the past when UFC and PWG go head to head. This show left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth, and was a tie-breaker for the 2/4 conflict. It's not a third class citizen issue, given I have made the exact same decision the other way (the weak UFC 55 card made me decide to go to the PWG show the same night as UFC 56). And with that, hopefully this discussion is over. I hope there aren't any hard feelings.
ToddMartin

Postby SoCalAndy » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:42 pm

*Not trying to interject myself into this, as so far the Martin/Bomb debate has been entertaining but I have to point one thing out*

"My point was you tried to claim that you where giving constructive criticism when you didn't offer that and that you didn't give many details except for random one liners and little things here and there. And you have yet to show me where you offered anything constructive that would benefit PWG."

Well, considering the report has been posted here, I would think you could find the stuff about Steen not working as a face and the Dragon brawl being too dangerous for yourself.

I just read your report, twice might I add and you didn't constructive criticism in your report. The parts you mentioned about Steen's face work was just an observation and claiming Dragon didn't offer enough protection was something you thought. And the Lord Akiyama stuff took place in several threads and many others did give him flack for overrating stuff.

It seems to me that the reason they are doing the tag is because they feel the fans got cheated because of something out of their control. I think the match could go either way, which is why I'm a little excited about it.

I can agree on this. I don't think Daniels and Styles will win the tag titles(if they do, I'd be really pissed) and I think having the match again would just be a way to make up to the fans for the match not taking place.
SoCalAndy

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum