(C) Joey Ryan vs. Chris Bosh vs. Chris Sabin vs. Kevin Steen

PWG Tag Team Championship Match

{C) Super Dragon & Davey Richards vs. AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels

Samoa Joe vs. Claudio Castagnoli

Frankie Kazarian vs. Chris Hero

B-Boy vs. Scott Lost

El Generico & Quicksilver vs. Scorpio Sky & Human Tornado

Colt Cabana vs. Alex Koslov

...also scheduled to appear are Excalibur, Disco Machine, TJ Perkins, Phoenix Star, Zokre, Ronin, Nemesis, and Top Gun Talwar.

This one's at the Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC (1110 Bates Ave, Los Angeles). Tickets are $20, and as always, card is subject to change.

--

From a fan standpoint, this show looks STACKED. Kazarian/Hero could be INCREDIBLE, the four-way title match should be great, and it's always a treat to see Joe work. This'll be my second PWG show, and I can't wait.

...oh, and did I mention it's Cabanarama time?!? :) :lol:
JayJay

Postby LordKobe » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:11 am

what will be the show's name?
LordKobe

Postby bford24 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:52 pm

After last nights show it should be "In Honor of Tits McGee", poor blow up doll.

BFord
bford24

Postby MrPWG » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:15 pm

LordKobe wrote:what will be the show's name?

PWG Proudly Presents "The Further Misadventures of Indiana Tard Boy"
MrPWG

Postby astro_zombie » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:17 pm

MrPWG wrote:
LordKobe wrote:what will be the show's name?

PWG Proudly Presents "The Further Misadventures of Indiana Tard Boy"

bford24 wrote:After last nights show it should be "In Honor of Tits McGee", poor blow up doll.

you guys suck at coming up with show names
astro_zombie

Postby WannaB » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:56 pm

Tits McGee isn't half bad. From what I head, Tits is gonna play a bigger role in the next show.
WannaB

Postby It's A Bomb » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:12 am

Some thoughts:

Joey Ryan vs. Chris Bosh vs. Chris Sabin vs. Kevin Steen
I enjoyed the build up for this match and the stories behind each wrestler. Bosh coming in seaking revenge on Joey and trying to capture gold, Steen trying to regain his glory and the thing that ment a lot to him, Sabin trying to make it in PWG and prove himself as being a legitimate champion, and Joey being a chickenshit heel willing to do anything to keep his title. It's hard to see where thing go from here but hopefully it will lead to Bosh becoming the champion finally.

Super Dragon & Davey Richards vs. AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels
After the last show Dragon and Davey really seemed to have added a new dimension to their characters. While that may or may not have been planned, their beatings on Los Luchas after being bested by them on the mat and not being able to dominate them like they wanted could be a great setup for this match. If Dragon and Davey came in as dickhead heels and started to bully Team TNA things could be interesting.

Samoa Joe vs. Claudio Castagnoli
I'm really looking forward to this match the most. Joe is awesome, and Claudio is awesome. Joe's matches with Nigel McGuiness and Colt Cabana in ROH where fun and he was able to show a different side of his style and could mesh really well with Claudio's funky European techniques are always a treat. Plus you can't underestimate the entertainment factors these men can bring to the table and you can't count out Claudio's newly found lucha influence.

Frankie Kazarian vs. Chris Hero
I'm really mixed on this. I like Hero, but I'm not feeling Frankie anymore. Maybe it's the booking, but he doesn't seem to stand out much in PWG anymore. Plus I don't think Frankie can hang with Hero on the mat and/or when it comes to high flying(Hero is really starting to become a good high flyer aswell as a great technical wrestler).

B-Boy vs. Scott Lost
I know they've worked eachother before, but I haven't seen them interact much aside from various tag matches and multi-man matches. This should be a fun one also. Scott is really coming into his own as a singles wrestler and B-Boy has gotten crazy over since his return.

El Generico & Quicksilver vs. Scorpio Sky & Human Tornado
Interesting match with the Sky/Tornado storyline going on. The match could be filled with loads of fun and unique highspots. I loved Generico and Quick as a tag team against Davey and Dragon, but I hope Tornado and Generico aren't broken up as a team. The Sky storyline is the most interesting factor here, as you know he'll continue his heel turn but you just don't know exactly how he'll do it.

Colt Cabana vs. Alex Koslov
This will be fun to watch. Koslov is solid and can be funny in the ring, and Colt Cabana being mixed in with Koslov's character has loads of potential for great comedy. It's about time Cabana is booked more often in PWG. Hopefully this will lead to more bookings for him.

The overall show looks really good. Plus the return of Excalibur is awesome. I wonder how Phoenix and Zokre will be booked, they really deserve something to make up for what happend to their match(not a diss on Dragon or Davey, but on the referee who seemed to have messed up their chance at breaking out in PWG). Can't wait for this show.
It's A Bomb

Postby Mac Machine » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:45 pm

MrPWG wrote:PWG Proudly Presents "The Further Misadventures of Indiana Tard Boy"
So it's not ok to touch a girl wheelchair, but not hurt her a bit, but ok to make fun of Retarded people?
Mac Machine

Postby noah_ther » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:03 pm

I dunno what you mean about Super Dragon and Davey "adding a new dimension to their characters". I mean, aren't they supposed to be the dominating dickhead heels who just squash everyone? I really don't know what killing Zokre at the end of the match did really? I get the idea..they're cut throat and vicious, but at some point they gotta take the titles off them cuz' I smell a SD/Davey feud coming on, seems like Davey is getting more face pops as he progresses, plus he's shown alot more charisma the past few shows than before, but always slides back to uber heel status once SD gets in his face.
noah_ther

Postby It's A Bomb » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:10 pm

I dunno what you mean about Super Dragon and Davey "adding a new dimension to their characters". I mean, aren't they supposed to be the dominating dickhead heels who just squash everyone?

They always have the dickhead heels who love to make their opponents look foolish and then seem to make a mistake which gives their opponents a nice fury of offense. What they did to Zokre and Phoenix could add that they don't like looking weak so they just get angry and beat the shit out of their opponents and would go to great lengths to get the advantage again and aren't afraid to hurt anybody. It adds something fresh as most wrestlers now that aren't hardcore wrestlers don't use in their matches.

I really don't know what killing Zokre at the end of the match did really?

I don't either, possibly just an improve to make up for Hassan's screw up. However, they could use that in future bookings of angles to help add more stuff to a feud. And I really don't see a Davey/Dragon feud coming anytime soon as there are too many teams they can face at the moment and PWG seems to want to have them get as many great tag matches as they can from the two.
It's A Bomb

Postby SoCalAndy » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:58 pm

Claudio taking on Joe is going to be awesome. It could end up being like Hero/Joe at the IWA-MS tag tourny, which was really great. After seeing Dragon go crazy, I'd like to see him shank someone and powerbomb Daniels through a table, twice. The four way could be a fun spotfilled match with neat interactions between each guy mixed in. I can't wait for this show.
SoCalAndy

Postby scrub » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:55 pm

Super Dragon & Davey Richards vs. Roderick Strong & Jack Evans! Seriously, do it.

And I really don't think we'll be seeing Dragon putting Daniels through tables.
scrub

Postby CheMateo » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:30 pm

Claudio will be needing another opponent now, since Samoa Joe has a staph infection. I know he had to cancel his ROH commitments and I assume the same is for PWG.
CheMateo

Postby Lord Akiyama » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:10 pm

We don't know if it will extend into the next weekend. It might, but we don't know for sure. But you are correct in that Claudio needs a replacement opponent just in case.
Lord Akiyama

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:00 pm

I'm hoping Joe does work the show next weekend. His match with Claudio will be great but health is always going to be the top priority especially since he's booked on the 18th and 19th in Europe. Either way, the card is still loaded and you know PWG won't disappoint the fans
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby Baker » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:17 pm

I think the main event is gonna be incredible. I just see it as being a well done match with alot of good spots through out. Top to bottom this look likes a solid show.l
Baker

Postby bford24 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:06 pm

I am also excited about the show on the 4th. The card from top to bottom is very strong. It will be very much worth my 20 bucks. I mean who doesn't get excited about the possibility of seeing Dragon go off on some poor random fan.
bford24

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum