Who Is Samoa Joe... Joes Gonna Wat You!

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Who Is Samoa Joe... Joes Gonna Wat You!

Postby d_mon » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:49 am

This is an article I wrote that I am planning on sending to Pro Wrestling Illustrated. Tell me what you think of my work.

"Who Is Samoa Joe... He's Gonna Kill You!!!"
by Damon Garland
April 14, 2007
Tampa, Florida

Hailing from the Island of Samoa... weighing in at well over 400lbs and standing at a monsterous 6'10"! Samoa Joe has quickly became the most dominant wrestler in wrestling history. His past is quite mysterious, yet very intriguiging. Where did it all start? Nobody knows, but it was all braught to a Total Nonstop Action breakthrough. Battling world competitors such as AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Jeff Jarrett, among other really bad asses! First came his X-Division dominance which spread to such places as Ring of Honor and Pro Wrestling Guerrilla and Japanese. A near two year title reign as ROH World and Pure champion as well as PWG Heavyweight title reigns followed. Soon Samoa Joe became a household name competeting all over the world and Canada. If there wasn't gravity Samoa Joe would probably float to space and kick some Aliens asses cause he is just that damn good...

What is next for Samoa Joe? Christian Cage and his diabolical Team Christian Cage and the NWA World Heavyweight Title. Seeing that Christian has been ducking him and sending his goons like AJ STyles, Tomko, Scott Steiner after Joe and ducking him, it will be no small featue for the Los Angelos native. First TNA... then the Indies... then the World... watch out George W. Bush, Joe's gonna kill you!
d_mon

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:01 am

What is this for again? I haven't read PWI in ages.

Also you may want to remove that part about Joe holding the PWG title, since he never did. Though PWI is the same magazine that once claimed BJ WHITMER as a former PWG champion.
TigerDriver98

Postby WannaB » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:10 am

Honestly... I think this "article" is a fluff piece for TNA if anything.

You may want to add a question mark to the title when you ask "Who Is Samoa Joe?" otherwise the title doesn't sound right or make much sense.

And where did it start...? Uhhhh... I wouldn't say that nobody knows because, well, people do know. It started in SoCal. He was trained by guys like Cincinatti Red at UIWA, and Tom Howard in UPW where he trained alongside Frankie Kazarian, Christopher Daniels, John Cena, and others.

You make his "X-Division Dominance" sound like the TNA X-Division was an integral part of ROH, PWG, and JAPAN! Not "Japanese." You say the phrase "ducking him" twice in the same sentence, and the Bush line is just lame.

If you're serious about this you need to do a hell of a lot of research rather than just what you know or have made up off the top of your head because he is not 6'10 & he is not over 400lbs. Check your grammar & spell checks, and your article needs to have a purpose. You ask the question of who is Joe, and then you don't really tell us anything that the average wrestling fan doesn't already know. And frankly, Joe is so over exposed at this point in his career, so unless you can dig up something that no one knows about him then no one is going to want to read this. You may be better off choosing a lesser known subject of interest.
WannaB

Postby Dangerous Robot » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:42 am

:::Hailing from the Island of Samoa... weighing in at well over 400lbs and standing at a monsterous 6'10"!:::

I honestly stopped reading after this.
Dangerous Robot

Postby Big Joe » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:21 pm

First TNA... then the Indies

Fail.
Big Joe

Postby SoCalAndy » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:25 pm

Samoa Joe became a household name competeting all over the world and Canada.

LOL.

Also, Joe was in Japan before he was in ROH. Do your research.
SoCalAndy

Re: Who Is Samoa Joe... Joes Gonna Wat You!

Postby watchxyoxface » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:57 pm

d_mon wrote:weighing in at well over 400lbs and standing at a monsterous 6'10"!

...what?

Have you ever even seen what Samoa Joe looks like?
watchxyoxface

Postby watchxyoxface » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:58 pm

...and he's not even billed from Samoa.
watchxyoxface

Postby The Six » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:20 pm

not enough fat jokes
The Six

Postby KickToKill » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:04 pm

Dangerous Robot wrote::::Hailing from the Island of Samoa... weighing in at well over 400lbs and standing at a monsterous 6'10"!:::

I honestly stopped reading after this.
haha same here
KickToKill

Postby tankillo » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:11 pm

i hate gimmick posts...wait? he's serious?
tankillo

Postby d_mon » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:41 am

nobody liked that at all... i really put alot of time and effort into it... samoa joe is like my idol... i want to be just like him
d_mon

Postby Evilguest » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:57 am

d_mon wrote:nobody liked that at all... i really put alot of time and effort into it... samoa joe is like my idol... i want to be just like him

The 6'10 400 pound Joe or the real one? :wink:
Evilguest

Postby VsideVince » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:08 am

i thought u posted this for us to laugh at then i saw the caption above it and that you had actually written it yourself.....

Love V-Side Vince
VsideVince

Postby WannaB » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:49 pm

d_mon wrote:nobody liked that at all... i really put alot of time and effort into it... samoa joe is like my idol... i want to be just like him

There's your problem. Detach yourself from your drooling, idolization, and fandom of the man. Your writing paints you as a mark & not as a journalist.

I seriously have to ask. How old are you?
WannaB

Postby El Asian » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:35 pm

looking at his name, I think he's that retard on youtube who plays with action figures wearing the fake goatee
El Asian

Return to General Discussion