About Zokre

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

About Zokre

Postby Matt Flash » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:25 am

Anyone know what specifically is up with Zokre? I heard some people talking about them seeing an Ambulance during the intermission so I stopped thinking it was just an angle. I figure he got a concussion but I've never been more worried for a wrestler live. And I was at the Dragon/Steen Guerrilla Warfare match so... yeah. Any answers?
Matt Flash

Postby VsideVince » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:34 am

im pretty sure it wasnt a work. i watched them work on him in the ring and i saw blood on his face. Also i dont think they would have unmasked him in the middle of the ring if it were worked. im not sure what was wrong with him though. it looked like it might have been a broken nose.
VsideVince

Postby bford24 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:57 am

Yeah it didn't look too good. At first I thought it was part of the show, as a way to get the main event of Hero/Claudio vs Dragon/Davey booked but looking back it was just a freak accident.

PWG is great at improvising on the spot, takes their matches to a new level.
bford24

Postby Matt Flash » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:03 pm

Indeed. Cause I was wondering too about that. If they'd already planned on the CC/Hero vs. SD/Richards main event. And I thought the same thing when they took off his mask, 'cause I could see him going for the ties to it and that's when it was really sinking in. Anybody know how long that Main Event was? Had to be atleast 50 minutes, I thought they'd go the distance...
Matt Flash

Postby MrPWG » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:25 pm

My friend was in the bathroom shortly after the match and overheard 2 of the wrestlers say something to the affect of "Zpkre suffered a Black Eye, Broken Nose and a Concussion" and thats all thatwas determined BEFORE he was taken to the hospital...
MrPWG

Postby JayJay » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:58 pm

Did anyone actually see the spot that caused the injury? I missed it, and I'm a little unsure exactly what happened. I did see Zokre being attended to in the parking lot, but this was during the intermission. His brother was at his side, as were other members of his family in attendance.

I'll get an update tomorrow on his condition, but as someone who was sitting ringside on the camera side of the gym, I must have missed the actual spot. I only saw them attempting to move him and reaching for his mask, but I'm curious to know if something went wrong on the spot or if it was just a freak accident again.
JayJay

Postby CheMateo » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:50 pm

Not a 100% sure of what caused Zokre to get injured, but it seems it happened when Zokre was in a sitting position and Davey kicked him in the face. That seems to be the moment he was down and Marty was calling for help.
CheMateo

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum