Updated Info For PWG's "European Vacation"

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby PWG_Silverback » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:48 pm

By Silverback, PWG Staff Writer

Geneva, Switzerland - It was not long ago when the idea of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com) holding events in Europe seemed like nothing more than the typical outlandish ideas tossed about the PWG offices. Sure, it was more reasonable than trying to hold an entire show under water, and much more cost effective than the solid gold ring posts, but still, the idea was outlandish. Until, that is, PWG Commissioner Dino Winwood met with a financial consultant and Most Money Making Man Claudio Castagnoli and determined that it was financially possible, and it was something that PWG should do as a part of its growth process. You know, like when your parents let you go ride your bike up to the end of the street for the first time. Growth. So shortly after that, the decision to move ahead with projects codenamed "The Italian Job" and "The French Connection" were set in motion, and PWG's "European Vacation," taking place Saturday, 18 February at The Musikpalette in Essen, Germany and Sunday, 19 February at Orpington Halls in Orpington, Kent, England, was born!

However, it would not be a PWG event if our "European Vacation" did not have its share of turbulence, so it is our unfortunate duty to announce that Jack Evans will be unable to attend either night of the "European Vacation." Jack will be returning to Japan to wrestle with Dragon Gate, and we wish him the best of luck, and hope he brings us back some cool stuff. Fear not, loyal European PWG fans, because Commissioner Winwood is a man who is slowly becoming known for thinking on his feet, and has made some changes to both cards that he thinks you will enjoy. If not, you can go fall into a well, which we hear is a major problem over there.

The changes to PWG's "European Vacation" on 18 February in Essen are:

- Thanks to their recent win streak and all around unstoppable nature, PWG Tag Team Champions Davey Richards & Super Dragon will now be defending their titles against the team known as Cape Fear, El Generico & Quicksilver! Cape Fear has provided the champs with their toughest challenge so far during their title reign, so they have been given another shot at the titles, and German fans will get another chance to see Super Dragon & El Generico face off in Essen!

- Now that Top Gun Talwar has lost his partners, he needed to find some suitable replacements, and after perusing a Dutch Weight Lifting & Recreational Drug Use Magazine, asked Tengkwa and Tommy End, and they accepted! The TE-T-TGT trio will take on the team of Disco Machine, Excalibur, and Ronin!

- Ricky Reyes, who has been absent from PWG lately, was looking for a chance to remind fans why he is such a feared competitor by kicking in the face of "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen. Unfortunately for Reyes, because of Commissioner Winwood's staunch anti-Communism stance, that opportunity was taken away from, and now he will have to content himself with trying to remodel the face of one half of the High Class Catch Club, Baron Von Hagen!

- But now it appears that Kevin Steen, Jonny Storm, Jody Fleisch, and AJ Styles are all without matches. Despite Jonny Storm's insistence that fans would much rather hear him read from his book, "The World's Greatest Pick Up Lines, Luv," Dino decided that all four men would meet in a 4-Way Elimination Match! Wie exotisch!

"European Vacation" at The Musikpalette in Essen, Germany will now feature:

PWG Championship Match
Joey Ryan (c) vs. Emil Sitoci

PWG Tag Team Championship Match
Davey Richards & Super Dragon (c) vs. Cape Fear (El Generico & Quicksilver)

4-Way Elimination Match
Jody Fleisch vs. Kevin Steen vs. Jonny Storm vs. AJ Styles

"Superstar" Steve Douglas vs. Scorpio Sky

Frankie Kazarian & Chris Sabin vs. Arrogance (Chris Bosh & Scott Lost)

Samoa Joe vs. Roderick Strong

Baron Von Hagen vs. Ricky Reyes

Disco Machine, Excalibur, & Ronin vs. Tommy End, Tengkwa, & Top Gun Talwar

Plus PWG Commissioner Dino Winwood!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's "European Vacation" takes place at The Musikpalette on Saturday, 18 February 2006 at 5:00PM. Tickets are sold out, and we will have an announcement soon about ticket distribution. For more information, please visit http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com.

================================

Fans who have already purchased tickets for "European Vacation" in Orpington will be happy to know that tickets have started shipping this week, and should be receiving their tickets soon. Those of you who haven't purchased your tickets yet only have a few more days to do so! Tickets are very nearly sold out, and the last remaining tickets will be on sale till only Monday, 13 February, so get yours today!

The changes to PWG's "European Vacation" on 19 February in Orpington are:

- Ricky Reyes, once again thanks to his pro-Communism views, will no longer be facing the hard hitting Roderick Strong, but instead will battle the even harder hitting IPW:UK Champion, Martin Stone. Both men are known for brutalizing their opponents, so if Reyes survives his battle with the Baron in Essen, he will certainly have his work cut out for him with Martin Stone.

- Unfortunate for fans who wet their pants in anticipation for the High Flyer Dream Match, Jack Evans will be unable to face "The Phoenix" Jody Fleisch at "European Vacation." However, Jack has hand picked his replacement in the match, and it is none other than his tag team partner Roderick Strong who will now face off with the world famous English aerialist.

"European Vacation" at Orpington Halls in Orpington, Kent, England will now feature:

PWG Championship Match
Joey Ryan (c) vs. Jonny Storm

PWG Tag Team Championship Match
Davey Richards & Super Dragon vs. Arrogance (Chris Bosh & Scott Lost)

PWG Dream Rematch
Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles

Jody Fleisch vs. Roderick Strong

El Generico vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

Aerial Xpress (Quicksilver & Scorpio Sky) vs. Frankie Kazarian & Chris Sabin

Ricky Reyes vs. Martin Stone

Disco Machine, Excalibur, & Ronin vs. Aviv Maayan, Spud, & Top Gun Talwar

Plus PWG Commissioner Dino Winwood!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's "European Vacation" takes place at Orpington Halls on Sunday, 19 February 2006 at 5:30PM. Tickets are
Last edited by PWG_Silverback on Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby Big Joe » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:36 pm

Well then, that fucking sucks.
Big Joe

Postby Rish To The Rosh » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:42 pm

Martin Stone replacing Strong, fucking sucks. I was REALLY looking forward to that match, it's impossible to say how much, I've never seen it before and it could have been awesome, especially live. Stone is alright, but he's nothing compared to Strong.

Same for Evans/Fleisch, that could've ruled live. Strong should stayed facing Reyes and they should've gotten another high flyer to face Fleisch, there really isn't a match like that on the card.

This is costing a bundle and making me miss a concert I really wanted to go to and a day of college where I have 3 very important lessons, so if 2 of the matches I'm really looking forward to are messed up, I may deliberately get in the path of Super Dragon hoping he kills me.

I know it's not PWG's fault, but I'm just sad. Soreeee...
Rish To The Rosh

Postby RM Punk » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:06 pm

I'm not a big Fliesch fan, so I could less what match he's in on the night, but no Evans in general kinda hurts... but the card still looks so darn tasty!

I'll bring the chipotle, if you bring the wine... ;)
RM Punk

Postby Tobey » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:21 am

Well, imo the card for Germany still looks great! Unfortunately we won't see Jack, but it's cool that Tommy, Tengkwa and Hagen are now on the Card.

I like the changes :)
Tobey

Postby Steffnator » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:11 am

Jack Evans is wrestle for Dragon Gate, that sucks! But, I'm looking forward to see Tengkwa. I love this guy. :D
Steffnator

Postby Nathan » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:02 am

Whats happen with the Meet and Greet, Will it cost to get Autographs, Pictures etc ? Will Merchandise be available on a big scale in terms of Evo Dvds, Tshirts, Pwg Dvds etc ? Im booked in at the Marriott so I kinda wanna make the most of the Day.
Nathan

Postby Shockmaster » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:04 am

Martin Stone is getting alot of stick here, I watched a few matches of his and I love the guy!, at IPW UK's 1 year anniversary, he had a great match with Jody Fleisch and has just come off another one with Jody. Give him a chance.
Shockmaster

Postby RM Punk » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:35 am

Nathan wrote:Whats happen with the Meet and Greet, Will it cost to get Autographs, Pictures etc ?

As far as I know, it hasn't been mentioned at all since the initial revealing of the event. Dammit.
RM Punk

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:01 am

According to their image ad in England's page, the "Meet and Greet" is covered in the inital payment.

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/england/

It's listed right above the "Order Tickets Now" line.
Lord Akiyama

Postby Lee » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:31 am

Jonny Storm is awesome.
Lee

Postby RM Punk » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:12 pm

Lord Akiyama wrote:According to their image ad in England's page, the "Meet and Greet" is covered in the inital payment.

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/england/

It's listed right above the "Order Tickets Now" line.

That's hardly the most assuring information I've ever heard. It's not even been made totally clear what it is and with the lack of attention towards it, it's either going to be small and quick or it's been called off "card subject to change".

I'd just like to know :(
RM Punk

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:45 am

Well, there's usually some form of a meet and greet at all PWG shows. You'll find a couple wrestlers hanging out at the merchandise stand during the shows. An example like last night when Chris Daniels and Chris Hero were at the merchandise table before and during the start of the show and Colt Cabana over there during and after intermission.

Sorry if the last post wasn't as assuring as I thought it might've been.
Lord Akiyama

Postby German » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:48 am

Will Samoa Joe be on the Show?
German

Postby Aaron » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:17 am

Martin Stone in for Roderick Strong. . . that's just effing sweet.

I guess most of our friends the other side of the pond know little about Martin Stone. The current IPW:UK champion and wrestler of 2005, one half of the FWA tag champions, he was beaten only twice the whole of last year - once in an elimination match where Mick Foley scored the pinfall, and the other versus Jody Fleisch in an elimination six-man.

Martin Stone is the fucking man.

Although us IPW marks would love to see Stone vs Joe II, watching him butcher Ricky Reyes will be fun!

Stone's a great heel (with a bit of support from some) so I imagine some genuine deuling going on between the crowd for that one. . .
Aaron

Postby RM Punk » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:29 am

My tickets arrived this morning and I think I can say with no doubt what so ever, that they're the coolest looking tickets to anything I have ever seen in my life :)
RM Punk

Postby Wreckless » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:56 am

wooo! it's like the golden ticket ..except it's pwg and no scary midgets.. also do they numbers on the back of the ticket in pen match up to a name or sumit seems pretty easy to fake a front row ticket otherwise
Wreckless

Postby RM Punk » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:07 am

I'm pretty sure front row tics are different from general admission ones.
RM Punk

Postby Rish To The Rosh » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:22 am

Pieces of card with numbers on~!
Rish To The Rosh

Postby RM Punk » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:06 am

Rish To The Rosh wrote:Pieces of card with numbers on~!

And they said they didn't care *sniff*

:wink:
RM Punk

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum