European Vacation - Feb. 15 Update

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

European Vacation - Feb. 15 Update

Postby PWG_Silverback » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:20 pm

Unfortunately, we are forced to announce that Chris Sabin will not be able to wrestle on the European Vacation shows due to reinjuring his leg at the last TNA Pay Per View. Though injuries are unavoidable in professional wrestling, we would still like to apologize. Due to the last minute nature of this cancelation, finding a flight from the US to Europe is next to impossible, and so we would like to assure fans that we are doing our best to find suitable replacements for both the Essen & Kent shows.
Last edited by PWG_Silverback on Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby Wreckless » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:24 pm

that sucks but knew it would happen when heard he canceled dates for roh later in month but still pwg rocks so what ever you do will still be great :)
Wreckless

Postby heavenshallburn » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:26 pm

some European talent as substitute?
What about Sabin's flight, is it gonna be cancelled?
heavenshallburn

Postby jamianity » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:12 pm

To be honest I would just keep the talent pool as it is but make the matches
Scorpio Sky Vs Kazarian Vs Quicksilver and Kazarians Vs Scott Lost + Chris Bosh vs Joey Ryan vs Emilio Spicoli.
jamianity

Postby Dr.Octagon » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:32 pm

Emil Sitoci. :wink:
Dr.Octagon

Postby jamianity » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:45 pm

Dr.Octagon wrote:Emil Sitoci. :wink:

Sorry I don't have time to spell the names of Jonny Foreigner correctly.
jamianity

Postby Dr.Octagon » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:47 pm

But you have time to type this: Sorry I don't have time to spell the names of Jonny Foreigner correctly.

?

You're soooo cool. :)
Dr.Octagon

Postby jamianity » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:50 pm

Dr.Octagon wrote:But you have time to type this: Sorry I don't have time to spell the names of Jonny Foreigner correctly.

?

You're soooo cool. :)

:wink:
jamianity

Postby RM Punk » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:54 pm

What's Chris Hero up to?

wink...

wink.
RM Punk

Postby jamianity » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:06 pm

RM Punk wrote:What's Chris Hero up to?

wink...

wink.

Hacking forums and silly mat sequences
jamianity

Postby RM Punk » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:16 pm

jamianity wrote:
RM Punk wrote:What's Chris Hero up to?

wink...

wink.

Hacking forums and silly mat sequences

Hey, if it pays the bills then don't knock it.
RM Punk

Postby SoCalAndy » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:22 pm

jamianity wrote:Hacking forums and silly mat sequences

If by silly, you mean rad.
SoCalAndy

Postby jamianity » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:36 pm

SoCalAndy wrote:

H'e no Robbie Brookside.
jamianity

Postby Aaron » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:34 am

jamianity wrote:
SoCalAndy wrote:

H'e no Robbie Brookside.

I enjoy Chris Hero's stuff but you're right there. He's no Robbie Brookside.

I wouldn't mind just a reschuffle like you suggest but I wouldn't want to add Bosh to the Joey vs Jonny match. I'd like that to be kept "as is". . . it would be the most logical reshuffle though :?

If they wanted a straight replacement then Chris Hero wouldn't fit the style of that match IMO. What about Puma/Perkins for an imported replacement?

Otherwise, I'd be more than happy with another UK guy being used in Orpington! Stevie Lynn is on the card for "A Taste of IPW" the day before. . .
Aaron

Postby RM Punk » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:46 am

Chris Sabin =/= Petey Williams.
RM Punk

Postby jamianity » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:52 am

I'd say a big problem is there are only a handfull of names that would be worthy replacements. Those names would be Robbie Brookside, Doug Williams, James Tighe or someone along those lines. I think Robbie would go down well with the German crowd aswell so would be a fine replacement.
jamianity

Postby Aaron » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:05 am

Yeah, Robbie would be an awesome replacement for the both nights. Unfortunately, he's already booked for ASW in Croydon on Sunday night. . . maybe he would jack it in for PWG, can't see why he would.

Petey Williams is shit so no thanks on that account. James Tighe is at IPW on Saturday so can't do Germany - Jack Storm would be a better replacement thatn Tighe anyway.

Doug is touring with NOAH right now.

So Robbie Brookside for Essen and Stevie Lynn for Orpington would be the best they could do from local talent IMO. . . so I'd look towards Chris Hero once more! He is also very over in Germany.
Aaron

Postby jamianity » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:43 am

Aaron wrote:Yeah, Robbie would be an awesome replacement for the both nights. Unfortunately, he's already booked for ASW in Croydon on Sunday night. . . maybe he would jack it in for PWG, can't see why he would.

Petey Williams is shit so no thanks on that account. James Tighe is at IPW on Saturday so can't do Germany - Jack Storm would be a better replacement thatn Tighe anyway.

Doug is touring with NOAH right now.

So Robbie Brookside for Essen and Stevie Lynn for Orpington would be the best they could do from local talent IMO. . . so I'd look towards Chris Hero once more! He is also very over in Germany.

I don't see the point in bringing Hero over as there are numerous wrestlers in Europe who do what he does only better. I think Tighe is the best replacement avaliable. Brookside is loyal to ASW so your right to doubt the possibility of him. I'm not sure about Lynn to be honest, despite me hearing some good things I have also heard many bad things.
Overall however I would rather we just saw a card change using the current talent and instead of announcing it ahead of time they should just change the card on the night to fit in with anything that happend in Germany. That way the DVD's would have some continuity and story progress rather than just a bunch of matches.
jamianity

Postby RM Punk » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:51 am

Petey Williams is shit so no thanks on that account

I agree, but he's the most fitting as a replacement for Sabin since they work a similar style and they have tagged together so there is that connection.
RM Punk

Chris Sabin's Replacement

Postby Disco Machine » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:28 pm

Frankie Kazarian's new partner in Germany will be Steve Allison from Switzerland. Steve was trained by Ian Rotten, Claudio Castagnoli and Ares.

Germany on Feb. 18 features:
Frankie Kazarian & Steve Allison vs. Arrogance (Chris Bosh & Scott Lost)

We would have loved to bring out another wrestler from the United States, but due to the last minute nature of Sabin's injury, we (PWG) could not secure talent due to previous bookings and a last minute flight to Europe for that individual was out of our budget.

There is a sports axiom that states "injury creates opportunity." We wish Sabin a speedy recovery and welcome Steve Allison to PWG.

Thank you Europe, and we will see you this weekend!
Disco Machine

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum