TNA Disiplines Aries and Strong For Wrestling at ROH AND TNA

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

TNA Disiplines Aries and Strong For Wrestling at ROH AND TNA

Postby SoCalAndy » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:53 pm

TNA DISCIPLINES AUSTIN ARIES & RODERICK STRONG FOR PUTTING THEIR PPV APPEARANCE IN JEOPARDY LAST WEEKEND BY WORKING FOR ROH
by Mike Johnson @ 9:30:00 PM on 2/15/2006

TNA will be removing Roderick Strong and Austin Aries from their bookings for at least the next several tapings and possibly as long as several months in a disciplinary move for willingly putting themselves in a position where they could have missed the Against All Odds PPV this past weekend, despite orders to skip a Ring of Honor event to travel to Florida.

Aries and Strong were among a crew of TNA wrestlers scheduled to appear at Ring of Honor's Lake Grove, New York event the night before Against All Odds in Orlando. Due to the heavy snowstorm that was heading into the Northeast, TNA management requested that everyone leave immediately for the airport and booked them on flights to Orlando. Jay Lethal, Alex Shelley, and Homicide all left and flew to Orlando. Aries and Strong, who hold the ROH Tag Team belts, remained and worked the show. They flew to Florida the next morning and appeared on the PPV as scheduled in a loss to the Naturals.

Strong and Aries both lost matches at the Impact taping two nights later. Their storyline where they and Alex Shelley had been complaining that they were being given chances in TNA, which teased an eventual showdown with Jerry Lynn, was also dropped. The company was unhappy with the two not doing what was requested of them, which led to the decision to "bench them" for the time being. I'm not sure of exactly why but there is more heat on Aries for the situation then there is on Strong.

I was told by a number of sources that while TNA does value Aries and Strong's work, they unfortunately ended up being made an example of because management is tired of talents missing PPV events when advertised. Although they made the PPV, Strong and Aries are being penalized by TNA in an attempt to send a message to the locker room and will have to pay the price.

Nice one TNA. :roll:
SoCalAndy

Postby astro_zombie » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:48 pm

that has to be one of the dumber descisions tna has made recently
astro_zombie

Postby Brad Styles » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:31 am

I think them guys are better of with out alex shelly. he is a cunt
Brad Styles

Postby astro_zombie » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:40 am

Brad Styles wrote:I think them guys are better of with out alex shelly. he is a cunt

eh... hes not so bad... not as bad as some, anyway...
:: coughPETEYcoughcough ::
astro_zombie

Postby RM Punk » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:02 am

It's TNA's loss, really.

They want so much of this awesome indy talent yet don't seem respect that they have other commitments which could easily be more important than some low card TNA job.

And it sounds like TNA just want to sour 'their' wrestlers from working with ROH anymore. hmm
RM Punk

Postby Brad Styles » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:28 am

Shelly is wot i cool a wwe guy he ass licks the boss to get 2 the top. he is also rude like one Randy Orton.
Brad Styles

Postby SoCalAndy » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:46 pm

Brad Styles reminds me of Arnie Grape.

SoCalAndy

Postby d_mon » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:19 am

Brad Styles wrote:Shelly is wot i cool a wwe guy he ass licks the boss to get 2 the top. he is also rude like one Randy Orton.

If your going to knock someone you might want to learn how to speak engrish.
d_mon

Return to General Discussion