PWG: European Vacation Night 2 Ongoing results....

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

PWG: European Vacation Night 2 Ongoing results....

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:49 pm

UK Show results (as posted by MoChatra on the UKFF.com board)

Results, as they happen:
1. Disco Machine, Ronin & Excalibur beat Aviv Mayaan, Spuud & Topgun Talwar when Excalibur pinned Spud after his Tripl-F like piledriver. Good opener with some great comedy. Oh, and Dino is MCing and he's awesome. Yes.

2. Martin Stone beat Ricky Reyes after a lariat. Solid match and plenty stiff. Dino continues to rule.

3. Quicksilver beat Scorpio Sky with a piledriver. A really fun match with Scorpio ruling it with his comedy. Abs~!

4. Frankie Kazarian beat Andy Simmonz with a solo Spanish Fly-type move. A so-so match but some great interplay between Andy and the crowd.

5. Joey Ryan beat Jonny Storm by DQ in a match that was building into something decent.

Intermission now.
TigerDriver98

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:01 pm

6. Kevin Steen over El Generico by a piledriver in a really good match. Steen has been the best performer on the show thus far and we've had the night's first 'this is awesome!!!!!!' chant.
TigerDriver98

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:31 pm

AJ Styles over Jody Fleisch by Styles Clash. Slightly sloppy in parts but still very good. Just a notch below the previous bout, though.

--- And according to the CageMatch.de report, RICK KNOX is there! How cool is that?
TigerDriver98

Postby scrub » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:49 pm

RICK KNOX! HOLY SMOKES! THAT'S AWESOME!
scrub

Postby scrub » Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:58 pm

And I was over at cagematch.de just now, and I can't find the Rick Knox info anywhere. I'll take your word for it though.
scrub

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:04 pm

http://www.cagematch.de/cgi-bin/cmboard ... &topic=985

It says (and this is German translated to English which always has hilarious results)

Info.: - Ringsprecher is Dino Winwood - resounds might almost sells off to be, all seats are occupied - beginning of show with approx.. 20 minutes of delay - Rick Knox made several Kane Impressionen during the Matches... - tendency not completely as loudly as in meals, however PWG more refer and merrier, which makes the whole for Kid Chino substantially more pleasant. Also wrestlerisch is it still one ticks to be better than yesterday. - there was tracing maintenance of Scorpio Sky, what probably was very merry.
TigerDriver98

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:07 pm

8. SD & Richards over Bosh & Lost to retain the tag titles. A good 30 minute match but the crowd was tired with the show hitting the four hour mark.

Good show, overall.
TigerDriver98

Postby woodstock » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:30 pm

Rick Knox was at the show in Germany, too.

I've translated the info once again. I hope its not as hilaroius as the previous version. :wink:

Info:
- Dino Winwood was the ring announcer
- It seems like a sold out show, all seats are occupied
- Rick Knox made several Kane Impressionen during the Matches...
- The crowd was not as loud as in Essen, but much more focused on the show, what made the show more enjoyable. The wrestling as a little bit better than the night before, too.

The main event is said to be the best match of the weekend.
woodstock

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:36 pm

Thanks for the more readable translation! (Babelfish isn't always perfect)

This sounds like a very good show. Hopefully everyone in attendance had as good of a time as we always do in SoCal.
TigerDriver98

Postby scrub » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:04 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:This sounds like a very good show. Hopefully everyone in attendance had as good of a time as we always do in SoCal.

Yeah, hope ya'll had a blast. We get spoiled with their presence twice a month. Can't wait to get the DVD's.

This is all pretty surreal. Us SoCal'ers reading the boards for results to a PWG show.
scrub

Postby Lee » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:35 pm

Yes, another Steen versus Generico match! They never fail to have a great match.
Lee

Postby Wreckless » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:39 pm

i just got home show was awsome, knox was indeed there and dino ringside through out the night with pure comedy and impression an songs :)
Wreckless

Postby jamianity » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:09 pm

Disco, Exaclibur, Ronin d/ Spud, Talwar and Mayaan. **3/4 Good spot fest that was fucking hillarious.

Martin Stone d/ RickY Reyes **1/2 Good match but a little short.

Quicksilver d/ Scorpio Sky ***3/4 Some great exchanges, especially the pin sequence.

Frankie Kazarian d/ Andy Simmons **1/2 Simmons was mega over, match was decent but I was more concerned with the Simmons hate.

Joey Ryan d/ Jonny Storm **3/4 A decent contest that was stopped just as it was getting going and had a dodgy finish.

Kevin Steen d/ El Generico ****1/2 This match was just fucking awesome. Everything came off and had me so engrosed.

AJ Styles d/ Jody Fleisch ***1/4 A good match but a bit sloppy in places, but still decent.

Super Dragon/ Davey Richards d/ Arrogance ****. This match was great, all four men were on form last night.

Crowd was hot the whole show and I think many doubters were sent home eating their words about the show being nothing without Joe and Strong.
jamianity

Postby Wreckless » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:28 pm

my run down..

6 man good comedy with ronin an exla trying to stop disco from dancing as the crowd chanted for it, good comedy spot fest with dino getting a "tits" chant going, after the match ronin popped topguns valet.

Martin Stone vs RickY Reyes
good strong man battle with a stiff clothesline to end it

Quicksilver vs Scorpio Sky
scorpio was on fire tonight with the before match promo about his abbs to some incredible pinning moves and submissions with some insane stuff from quicksilver for the win.

Frankie Kazarianvs simmons
man the crowd stuck it simmons an loved frankie lots of crowd interaction and a fun match.

Joey Ryanvs storm
funny pre match promo from joey about us not speaking american...lots of chants for joey about taking it up the ass and calling him a rentboy..funny spot where joey used the powder the eyes an kicked it out the ring straight into dino's face who sold it like a million bucks diving to the flor.

intermission..all those who left missed pure comedy from scorpio hijacking the microhpone and singing a collection of songs inbetween shilling his dvd and talking about his abs

Kevin Steen vs generico
classic underdog match with steen really impressing with charisma and moves some insane stiff moves and good solid flow really getting the crowd into it deff motn..after match the two made peace tilll generico refused to give steen a brainbusttah t-shirt...steen sulked looking like he was about to cry before nailling the worlds stiffest clothesline

AJ Styles vs jody
good match as many have said had it's sloppy moments but jody was over and styles was majorly over with woman and children some nice high spots

Super Dragon/ Davey Richards vs Arrogance
my febal attempts to get a "let bosh talk" chant failed badly :( but holy shit what a match boshs chest was busted open with in minutes from brutal chops lots of great team work from both teams making it a insane match with some good near falls

other notes:
some fans that had never seen dragon before seemed to think he was a jack-ass ...but what they didnt get was that was the whole point :D

dino announced the whole night with classic stuff as forcing rick knoxx to do kane impressions every time he entered to the point at the main event the crowd when wild for it with chants.

you could tell the pwg fans from the general wrestling fans by them not knowing some of the wrestlers,but by the end of the night i think every one was pwg fan which was great to see considering the jerks some where beeing on message boards before the show..i hope there at home now feeling bad :D

it was great meeting all the wrestlers and have to say they are the best friendly wrestlers ive ever met down to scorpio sky giving me a free signed photo to bosh giving me another dvd when he screwed up signing the first with out me even saying anything, to disco machine an exlab being friendly enough to take the time to talk to me :)

this is for sure the best show i've ever been to i'm amazingly jelous of all you socal fans that get to see it twice a month :D
Wreckless

Postby Wreckless » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:32 pm

ouch just re read my post over and lots of mistakes and random word strings.. its gone midnight and had a 2 and a half hour ride home in rain so apologies i'm off to pass out in bed :D
Wreckless

Postby Slappy » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:44 pm

I had a great time, upset Bosh and Lost didn't win the tag titles though. All the wrestlers were top quality during the meet and greet, especially El Generico and Top Gun. I was promised 5 mins with Tits Mcgee and now she's gone :(

Onto the IPW wrestlers, I didn't think much of Martin Stone, but Simmons was really good. Great interaction with the crowd.
Slappy

Postby Aaron » Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:57 pm

Awesome, awesome, awesome show. The best event the UK has seen for a good few years!

I arrived five minutes before bell time - for some reason I thought doors opened at 6! I arrived to a "fuck you aaron" chant, which was touching! :) Then the security guy ribbed me - he wanted to check my ticket and told me I had the wrong number!

Later on, Simmons abused me for the second night in a row. The heat he recieved you will see on the DVD. I've not witnessed heat like it and it all stems from him flipping out the previous night. He insulted me by quoting a post of mine at me and proceeded to rip into others. . . he turned heel less than 24 hours before his match versus Frankie and the heat was totally MENTAL!

Ah, fan interation. Love it!

The rest of the show Jamianity has summed up well. I have to say that I don't mark much for AJ, I just don't feel anything for him and I was flat for that match. We all knew the TNA guy was going to win.

Topgun Talwar and Disco Machine went instantly over with fans of PWG and newbies alike, and the standard opening PWG six-man kicked the show off good and proper!!

I was really hoping for a tag team title drop at the end. Ah well!

Sky vs 'Silver, Steen vs Generico and the tag team title match all worthy of very strong star ratings. There was not a single bad match on the card. . . comedy in the start, major heat for Simmonz. . . Reyes vs Strong was cool. Stone is always a heel but as IPW:UK champion got decent support from a chunk of the crowd. :)

PLEASE COME BACK!!

All the doubters left as new fans for sure!
Aaron

Postby Slappy » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:05 pm

So Simmons turned heel yesterday then? I thought he was fantastic as a heel. I liked how he came over to the little girl near me and said about the swearing.
Slappy

Postby HBAndy » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:57 pm

Just got back from an incredible orgasm inducing show! I loved it! From start to finish it was great. The best show I've ever seen live. Please come back.
HBAndy

Postby jamianity » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:16 pm

I have to agree, it was probably the best show I have seen live aswell. It was even better than Frontiers of Honour, Uni Uproar and Int showdown. I also got a Scorpio Sky and Disco Machine mask which made tonigt even more special.
jamianity

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum