AJ Styles

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:24 pm

AJ doesn't seem to be into his matches as much anymore. He had some good matches with Joe, Steen, and Danielson but that's about it. It's kinda hard to get into one of his matches since it's the same stuff over and over again.
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby astro_zombie » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:20 pm

Big Joe wrote: As the one person on this board who actively watches TNA and doesn't shit all over anything, I can safely say that AJ is surely not TNA's version of Cena...Cena is an ABYSMAL wrestler, AJ is the opposite.

agreed...

by the way, thanks again fer recommending that ppv to me... i enjoyed a lot more of it than i thought i would
astro_zombie

Postby dxreydx » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:46 pm

I mean every wrestling company has good wrestlers and wrestling on it right So Cal Andy after watching a CZW show from 2004 which had bad wrestling for most the show I enjoy the fact that So Cal has a PWG.

I apologize for not being a wrestling guru like So Cal Andy.

Bows down to one who looks like a woman. hahaha I love you Andy.
dxreydx

Postby SoCalAndy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:58 pm

I mean every wrestling company has good wrestlers and wrestling on it right So Cal Andy after watching a CZW show from 2004 which had bad wrestling for most the show I enjoy the fact that So Cal has a PWG.

I wasn't saying your point was bad because there's good wrestling in every company, I was saying that because if you compare everything to shit it's going to look good. If I where to compare a person who is average when it comes to overall knowledge to a retarded person, I'd probably mistake the average guy for a genious. It has nothing to do with wrestling knowledge.
SoCalAndy

Postby SoCalAndy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:05 pm

Oh, and CZW in 2004 was probably one of their better years in their history.
SoCalAndy

Postby dxreydx » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:50 pm

that's the sad part i fell a sleep trying to watch the damn thing
dxreydx

Postby Aaron » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:03 am

It is true though: TNA sucks. It's fucking awful.

I mark for SoCal Andy~
Aaron

Postby Paul Burns » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:22 pm

Big Joe wrote:How in the name of god is AJ the TNA version of Cena? That's the most retarded thing I've ever heart, and I post at CZWfans.

Everyone seems to be missing the point. Its Simple. WWE think John Cena is the future/posterboy of WWE, who sells bulk merchandise and gets over with the casual fan. TNA thinks AJ Styles is the future/posterboy of TNA, who sells bulk merchandise and gets over with the casual fan.

Unfortunately, they DRILL this message by forcing John Cena and AJ Styles down our throat. You can talk about how bad Cena is in the ring and how crisp AJ Styles is, but he fact remains is both TNA and WWE are forcing Styles and Cena down the fans throats where it'll eventually make the fans turn on them. (It happened to Cena when he had the title, you can see shades of it happen to AJ now)
Paul Burns

Postby dude1971 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:41 pm

Paul has totally written what I tried to say 2 days , thanks Paul :lol:

The Dude
dude1971

Postby dxreydx » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:54 pm

Got a point there Andy, but from my experience I've only been to PWG and WAR. Once I went to see a lower leveled company I realized how good these guys are. That's all.
dxreydx

Postby d_mon » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:30 am

AJ is stale in TNA, he has been stale for a very long time. I personally think TNA should turn him heel again. My thinking behind this is TNA has already screwed up with Styles. In less then five years AJ has accomplished almost everything you can do there. He's won the Tag Team, X, and World Heavyweight titles. He's wrestled all the top guys. That's just my opinion.
d_mon

Postby blazin » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:53 am

AJ is best in ROh and PWG. In TNA this Joe/Daniels/Styles is getting boring.
blazin

Postby d_mon » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:14 pm

^^ I agree, it's like when TNA first started. Every week it was AJ Vs. Jerry Lynn then they would add Low-Ki in occasionally. Don't get me wrong they put on awesome matches, but it's just gets too repetitive after so long.
d_mon

Postby Mac Machine » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:53 pm

I'd be much happier to watch 90% of Socal over watching Aj Styles. He's SOOOOOO 2001. He's very boring to me now and if it wasn't for the draw he gets I'd say he's not worth the money. If we were watching him Pre TNA I'd agree to his greatness, but there are far more talented people who don't wrestle like they are some gods gift. Oh shit, did I just use his gods name in vain?

Like, why have a vest with a hood...if the hood covers your eyes so you can't see? It doesn't even rain indoors at wrestling shows, why does he need a hood?
Mac Machine

Postby scrub » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:31 pm

Ya'll are some haters! AJ is awesome.
scrub

Postby Paul Burns » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:39 pm

I enjoy AJ Styles, the things he can do is amazing. However, I DO feel he's stale in TNA right now but I'm guessing management don't want to turn him heel for fear the casual fans will shit on it/they'll lose potential merchandise revenue.

The problem I think is that AJ Styles has got his great 5/6 spots a match, and uses them ALL, EVERYTIME in EVERY match he's in, regardless of the promotion. And since he's getting pretty over saturated everywhere its definately lost its freshness.
Paul Burns

Postby d_mon » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:10 pm

Mac Machine wrote:Like, why have a vest with a hood...if the hood covers your eyes so you can't see? It doesn't even rain indoors at wrestling shows, why does he need a hood?

That was kind of a pointless argument don't you think?
d_mon

Postby SoCalAndy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:16 pm

Mac Machine wrote:I'd be much happier to watch 90% of Socal over watching Aj Styles.

Yeah dude. AJ Styles isn't on the level of Comedian Killer, Sexy Sonny Samson, The Young Bucks, XTREME LOCO, Sexy Chino, Crayz, and Bo Cooper with a broken hip.

(Note: The above names mentioned will probably never be mentioned here again. :( Poor Crayz.)
SoCalAndy

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:47 pm

It depends on who the So Cal guy is. Not all of them can be like Joey, Dragon, or Lost. AJ just seems to go with the flow and not add anything new to his match. The only time i've been impressed with AJ was his match with Joe at ASW in April only because of what he was able to do in the match with a guy the size of Joe
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby scrub » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:10 pm

SoCalAndy wrote:
Mac Machine wrote:I'd be much happier to watch 90% of Socal over watching Aj Styles.

Yeah dude. AJ Styles isn't on the level of Comedian Killer, Sexy Sonny Samson, The Young Bucks, XTREME LOCO, Sexy Chino, Crayz, and Bo Cooper with a broken hip.

Moded Mac Machine. :oops:
scrub

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum