Any other shows on 21st/22nd April

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Any other shows on 21st/22nd April

Postby JonnKarta » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:32 am

Okay, so me and two of my mates from England already have flights and hotels booked and paid for to come to LA for a week between 17th and 24th of April.

We were only coming for PWG, but thought we might as well make a week of it and squeeze in some touristy shit and some shopping.

So now we are royally f*cked, because I have little or no interest in coming now, as I've been once before and exhausted Universal Studios the first time, hit most of the shops, and the tourist things don't appeal to me enough to warrant spending a week doing them.

What other stuff is there that we can do? I mean I am real pissed that theres no PWG, to the extent that Im pretty sure I'm just not going to come, and I'll just write off the money. Are there any other shows going to be on the 21st/22nd by anyone in the area or is there any chance at all of PWG running more shows maybe just with SoCal talent, because it is better than not at all.

Words really can't describe how bummed I am right now. :evil:
JonnKarta

Postby Kamikaze » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:19 pm

I'd like to know too. I'm a high school student 6 hours North of LA, so it was like a miracle that here was a PWG doubleshot on my April break, but I guess not. I need something else to do in LA, or just cancel the hotel.
Kamikaze

Postby WannaB » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:26 pm

Other things to do in LA...?

Go see a television taping. They're free!

Walk the Sunset Strip, Hollywood Blvd., etc... & see the walk of fame, Mann's Chinese, Kodak theatre.

Amoeba Records (i think its on Hollywood).

Universal Studios & Universal City Walk... but they're overpriced and its not something thats worth visiting time and time again. So if you've never been to either then its worth a stop.

See a game at the Staples Center.

Disneyland & Knotts Berry Farm are an hours drive further south.

The Beverly Center (glorified mall).

Visit Santa Monica (pier and boardwalk).

Problem is that everything in LA that tourist want to do and see is all scattered.
WannaB

Postby scrub » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:17 pm

WannaB wrote:Amoeba Records (i think its on Hollywood).

Sunset between Cahuenga and Ivar.

I'd ask Joey Ryan to fly you out for the April shows, to compensate you for all your troubles. :shock: :oops: :lol:

Sorry to hear about all the people that booked this stuff way in advance, only for it all to fall through. :( :( :(
scrub

Postby TigerDriver98 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:44 pm

Wrestling wise: Inoki Dojo runs shows every Sunday, and has some really good talent. And I don't know when AWS runs in April... but they are well worth checking out if they are running that weekend.
TigerDriver98

Postby El Asian » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:07 pm

also if you get hungry, go to In-N-Out because no trip to California is complete without In-N-Out burgers
El Asian

Postby WannaB » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:29 pm

Mmmmm... In N Out... Mmmmm

There fries are awesome, but if you're not into plain, salty fries I suggest you ask for Animal Style Fries. Mmmmm...

Wait, WTF does this have to do with wrestling?
WannaB

Postby Hulkushi » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:00 pm

there's lots to do in California besides watch PWG.

Like the aforementioned

but guessing you're not the types to go to night clubs.

Um well I guess there' not much for you guys to do
Hulkushi

Postby JonnKarta » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:21 am

Hulkushi wrote:there's lots to do in California besides watch PWG.

Like the aforementioned

but guessing you're not the types to go to night clubs.

Um well I guess there' not much for you guys to do

Nah we are all up for clubbing, we go plenty in England, what are the decent places to go in LA? Nothing too crazy and expensive, as we are hardly moviestars, but what kind of clubs are there just for the average Joe?
JonnKarta

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:22 am

Just to update our English friends here.

Today AWS/WPW announced that they will run the annual Best of the West tourney on April 22nd. Hopefully it'll feature some PWG talent. No, it's not All Star Weekend but it's well worth checking out if you'll be in the area...
TigerDriver98

Postby onlxn » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:30 am

Yeah, Best of the West is generally a very good show. It's been poorly promoted the last couple years, but with AWS behind it, it should be a high-profile, really fun show, and well worth checking out for So-Cal visitors.
onlxn

Postby El Asian » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:36 am

now is this year's Best of the West being held at the Anaheim Marketplace like usual? They always seem like good shows and I have been meaning to check them out but I end up missing it due to lack of promotion plus last year I went to Disney World (true story) during the time they held BOTW
El Asian

Postby scrub » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:42 am

BOTW 1 was really fun. BOTW 2 was criminally slept on (30 people in attendance, including myself) and included one of my favorite matches to date, Cheerleader Melissa vs. B-Boy. I missed BOTW 3, but Davey Richards won that, so I'm sure those matches turned out good. BOTW 4 should be no different. Except for maybe a better turnout now with NWA involved.
scrub

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:56 am

El Asian wrote:now is this year's Best of the West being held at the Anaheim Marketplace like usual?

Supposed to be at Frank and Sons this year. Which itself is a cool place for vistors to check out.

I was at BOTW 1 and a few issues aside (like Disco-Excalibur having a really good match that ended in like 37 seconds, the lame time limit draw semi finals bookings and the terrible death trap of a chair I had to sit in) it was really fun show. I became a huge fan of Scott Lost after that show.

But no doubt with AWS/NWA Pro behind it... it'll be even better this year. A really good consolation for those having to miss ASW.
TigerDriver98

Postby JonnKarta » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:36 am

This is awesome news, thanks for the heads-up!!

Does anyone have any links to announcements about this show, or confirmation of where it's being held? I checked the AWS site, but can't find much info!!

We defo want to make this show, but our hotel is in LA, so not sure how easy it is to get to where the show will be, if it's in Anaheim, I think it would be impossible unless someone could shout us a lift, if its at Frank + Sons, I wanted to check that out anyway, so could be really cool.
JonnKarta

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum