Aaannddd yourrrr newww President

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Aaannddd yourrrr newww President

Postby CheMateo » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:38 pm

Barack Obama. I don't know why but I hear Howard Finkel's voice doing that. This truly is historic. I honestly never believed I would live to see a black President. Whether you thought Barack was a terrorist, Marxist or Arab you cannot deny the historical significance.

I really liked McCain's farewell speech. It's just too bad some jerks had to boo during certain parts.
CheMateo

Re: Aaannddd yourrrr newww President

Postby GravityMan » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:35 pm

Yeah great speech from McCain and Obama.
GravityMan

Postby The Six » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:43 am

And Chris Hero can no longer legally marry in California. Sorry, man.
The Six

Postby WannaB » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:22 am

The Six wrote:And Chris Hero can no longer legally marry in California. Sorry, man.

I wouldn't be so sure... there are still 3 million absentee ballots and provisional ballots that need to be counted.

Plus... Schwarzeneggar has stated, much to the distaste of his fellow Republicans, that he believes the State Supreme Court should have the final say in matters of State Constitutional law, and that he will overturn Prop. 8 if it does indeed pass. Because the California State Supreme Court ammended the State Constitution to allow gay marriage, he plans to back them up. I'm not a fan of Arnold, but I have to give props where props are do for taking a bi-partisan stance that isn't too popular within his own party.

So I suppose if Chris Hero really wants to move to Cali, and get married - he still has a chance. :roll:

As for Obama... I had to work and was bummed that I couldn't watch the coverage live, but was thankful that my friend sent me text updates. She's the only one nerdy enough to ever have politcal-text-conversations with me. :lol:

I'm very interested in the Al Franken situation though. Most of the networks are saying that it's around a 750 vote difference, but I'm putting more trust in the Associated Press' figures of 571 votes. As the oldest news agency in the country they were the only ones who didn't call the 2000 election for Bush, and saw that the numbers were too close to call. I also find it somewhat ironic as it was around 573 votes I believe that Bush won 2000 by. Of course that was only after a half day of counting before the Supreme Court halted the counting. There were still 10s of thousands of undervotes, that weren't counted. But the good news for Franken is that because it's so close he gets an automatic machine recount, which happens if it's within 0.5% if I recall correctly. And machine recounts will always provided a different number every time because punchcard ballots and optic-scan counting machines are "fucked." Hopefully Franken can pull ahead in the Minnesota Senate race witht he recount.
WannaB

Postby WannaB » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:35 am

Heard last night that the Franken/Coleman Minnesotta Senate race has Coleman ahead with approx. 350 votes, so that means the machine recount could possibly swing either way.
WannaB

Return to General Discussion