Dragon Gate presents BATTLE OF TOKYO

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Dragon Gate presents BATTLE OF TOKYO

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:37 pm

According to DGUSA, Dragon Gate will be running a single night 8-Man tournament on January 25, 2009 at Shin-Kiba 1st RING in Tokyo entitled the Battle of Tokyo. :lol:

The idea is that the tournament will consist of those who didn't make it into the King of Gate tournament this year. So far announced are Akira Tozawa, K-ness, m.c.KZ, Shisa BOY, and PAC.
Lord Akiyama

Re: Dragon Gate presents BATTLE OF TOKYO

Postby CheMateo » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:36 pm

Neat. I hope this can turn into a tradition and become a sister BOLA tournament. It would be great to see some PWG locals get a shot in a BOT tournament. Scott Lost, Scorpio Sky and if Charles Mercury can ever become a regular again, would be great additions.
CheMateo

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:44 pm

Cross partnership! Something like the winner of BoLA getting added to BoT and/or the winner of BoT getting a shot at being in BoLA.
Lord Akiyama

Postby WannaB » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:05 pm

America to Dragon Gate: Book Scott Lost... NOW!
WannaB

Postby Kamikaze » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:13 pm

WannaB wrote:America to Dragon Gate: Book Scott Lost... NOW!

I know I've heard a lot of things about him having a job that makes him unable to do a lot of shows. He was probably offered a spot in the firs WrestleJam where they brought over Bosh.
Kamikaze

Postby WannaB » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:26 pm

Kamikaze wrote:I know I've heard a lot of things about him having a job that makes him unable to do a lot of shows. He was probably offered a spot in the firs WrestleJam where they brought over Bosh.

Honestly I really think that's a stretch. We can't know unless we ask him or Dragon Gate if he was offered a spot (and if we were given honest responses). Plus it's based on hearsay that may or may not have been accurate at the time of the WrestleJam you mention, and it may or may not be accurate at the moment. For all we know he may have a very flexible job.

Just the same, I wouldn't dial back support for Scott Lost in the matter because of something of a personal nature to him which I can neither confirm nor deny simply being some guy on an internet message board. If a 9-to-5 job is standing in the way of major bookings then I don't think that fan support to the contrary could hurt anything.

But yeah, I would like to think that he was offered a spot, because that may only increase the likelyhood that he may be offered a spot again.
WannaB

Postby Lord Akiyama » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:09 am

Newest entrant in BoT has been announced.

It's someone who's been in PWG this year...

KAGETORA!!!

KAGETORA made a shocking appearance during the 12/19 Korakuen Hall following the first match, declaring war on DG. In addition to taking on m.c.KZ at the 12/27 Buyuden show, he has been addted to BoT and will face K-ness in the first round.
Lord Akiyama

Postby El Asian » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:13 pm

final 2 participants added, Shinjitsu Nohashi and Shinobu
El Asian

Postby Lord Akiyama » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:44 am

Full Brackets

A Block
- Akira Tozawa vs. Shinobu
- PAC vs. Shinjitsu Nohashi

B Block
- Shisa BOY vs. m.c.KZ
- KAGETORA vs. K-ness

Takes place on January 25 at Shin-Kiba 1st RING in Tokyo. Prize is 500,000 Yen.
Lord Akiyama

Return to General Discussion