Shingo & Co. and Animal Abuse

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Shingo & Co. and Animal Abuse

Postby CheMateo » Thu May 28, 2009 2:50 pm

This is really sad.

Apparently this is getting huge play on the Japanese blogs and it's made it's way to the English-speaking message boards.

Dragon Gate wrestlers have blogs on the company's website. It's not kayfabed like WWE's so it's basically whatever the wrestlers want to post.

Recently, Shingo Takagi blogged and posted pics that depicted him and fellow wrestler Araken abusing a pet monkey that is housed at the Dragon Gate dojo. Araken himself also blogged and posted pics. Here's what one of the guys off the DVDVR message board posted, which includes links. The links are in Japanese, but the pics tell the story.

WARNING. THE PICTURES ARE DISTURBING.

Quote:
- They choked it by the neck until it passed out.

- They burned it with charcoal.

- They threw it into a tub of boiling hot water.

- Not sure on this one but it looks like they blew air into its mouth and it would cause it to crap instantly.

- They gave it sake regularly until it would pass out.

- Drag it around by a chain on its neck.

- attached fire crackers to it and lit them

- lock it in a box and spray antiperspirant in the box causing it to freak out.

It really disgusting stuff and they created a huge mound of evidence. These people are snorking cretins.

Here's some links to some of the posts. You can see the monkey is often bruised and bleeding. The first link is Shingo's blog taking a picture of the monkey being choked unconscious, it's disgusting.

http://spora.jp/takagishingo/archive/909/0 <- choking

http://spora.jp/araken/archive/472/0 <- abuse

http://spora.jp/araken/archive/731/0 <- drunk

http://spora.jp/araken/archive/740/0 <- dragging

The police in Japan are all over it as well.

More: http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/anticablog/d ... 905260000/

There's also videos created by a wrestling fan that shows the blogs, photos and asks for help saving the monkey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_haFLwfwSUE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCEyPPNfeCk

As noted, the police are involved as well. This could end putting public pressure on Dragon Gate and knowing how sensitive Puro companies are about their image, it could be very bad for the careers of Shingo and Araken.

From what little I have read about the situation Araken is NOT at fault. Araken was not involved and has blogged against this. Shingo, Tozawa, and Katsuo are the three who abused the monkey.
CheMateo

Re: Shingo & Co. and Animal Abuse

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu May 28, 2009 4:17 pm

That is just despicable. As much as I enjoy SHINGO as a wrestler, it is hard to support anyone who would do something like that. I only hope that poor monkey has found a good home with CIMA's parents.
TigerDriver98

Postby El Asian » Thu May 28, 2009 7:41 pm

looks like Shingo might have be innocent from monkey abuse, according to his translated blog

"The Japanese monkey which I kept at a dojo studio picked off a collar and escaped. Three injured people. Perhaps a neighboring junior high student will be stronger in Colla. The photograph doesn't generalize it and tightens some necks not to act violently. I was troubled."
El Asian

Postby GravityMan » Fri May 29, 2009 9:47 am

So, three people (Akira Tozawa, Yuki Ono, and RYOMA) have been the ones behind abusing the monkey so far. Plus, I heard that the one who was choking the monkey in the pic was RYOMA and he has been fired.
GravityMan

Postby GravityMan » Fri May 29, 2009 10:33 am

GravityMan wrote:So, three people (Akira Tozawa, Yuki Ono, and RYOMA) have been the ones behind abusing the monkey so far. Plus, I heard that the one who was choking the monkey in the pic was RYOMA and he has been fired.

Just wanted to add this. What JAE has posted at dgusa.puroresufan.com:

I'm going to paraphrase a bit in some spots, but for the most part this is just translated from the Gaora BBS. My own thoughts and additional information at the end.

"Thank you very much for your continued support of Dragon Gate.

One of our rookie wrestlers made an unofficial blog detailing incidents regarding our pet monkey Cora, detailing them from the monkey perspective. We received many inquiries about the abuse mentioned in the blog. We apologize respectfully for causing such a great concern and worry.

To confirm the facts gathered from our staff and roster. Cora has lived at our gym for many years. He is raised and cared for by our rookies and trainees, and is cherished and loved. The cruelty to animals allegations on the internet were investigated and found to not be true.

The offensive blog posts have been deleted. Cora is now living with foster parents to ensure safety and remove fears of his conditions.

The company will continue to investigate to uncover further facts and information, in hopes of eliminating any further doubts and recover the trust of our fans.

The wrestler responsible for causing all this confusion has been disciplined for an indefinite amount of time. Further, President Takashi Okamura accepts responsibility for these events and will incur both disciplinary action and a reduction in pay."

http://www.gaora.co.jp/cgi-bin/bbs/dragon/news.cgipost #1901

The offending player and the person behind the blog that started this entire series of events was RYOMA. He was keeping a blog from the perspective of Cora, and discussed all of the various allegations of abuse that are out there now. The blog was deleted immediately after it was discovered.

Regarding the official blog posts from Shingo and Araken, neither of them were involved in the incidents detailed by RYOMAs' blog. While the choking photo is inexcusable, the post itself details an incident where Cora escaped and attacked people, and had to be restrained.

Cora has lived at the gym since the early Toryumon days, and alongside Momo the dog he has been an idol and mascot for the gym. He is now staying with the parents of a roster member and will be cared for properly. Hopefully the healing process over this whole ugly ordeal can begin now.

Read more: "dgusa - Dragon Gate Pro-Wrestling News since 2000" - http://www.dgusa.puroresufan.com/#ixzz0GvAUOfQ1&A
GravityMan

Postby ESPINOZA316 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:00 pm

Thats fucked up man, truely sad. Im a fan of dragon gate but i will not support them anymore till something is done about this. Cima better step up to the plate or he will loose some of his dragon gate followers
ESPINOZA316

Postby kenssmith » Fri May 29, 2009 2:10 pm

Never good when animals are injured and abused. Mike Vick's image will never be restored for what he did, and something like this could truly hurt Dragon Gate. Them fixing to debut in the United States very soon makes it an important time for the company as a whole. The last thing they need is bad publicity, especially of this kind.

People have turned on companies/people for less.
kenssmith

Postby CheMateo » Sat May 30, 2009 8:27 pm

ESPINOZA316 wrote: Im a fan of dragon gate but i will not support them anymore till something is done about this.

I think it's a bit rash to boycott the entire promotion because of a few bad apples. I'm sure the company will take the necessary disciplinary actions and that's all we can ask for.
CheMateo

Postby ESPINOZA316 » Sat May 30, 2009 10:53 pm

CheMateo wrote:
ESPINOZA316 wrote: Im a fan of dragon gate but i will not support them anymore till something is done about this.

I think it's a bit rash to boycott the entire promotion because of a few bad apples. I'm sure the company will take the necessary disciplinary actions and that's all we can ask for.

I dont think its rash at all. I hope your correct that the necessary disciplinary actions will take place cause if cima or whoever runs dragon gate do nothing about this it will hurt the company i promise. I will not cheer for a human being that beat that monkey for fun. That may sound pathetic but its the way i feel about the situation
ESPINOZA316

Postby Evilguest » Sun May 31, 2009 9:00 am

ESPINOZA316 wrote:
CheMateo wrote:

I dont think its rash at all. I hope your correct that the necessary disciplinary actions will take place cause if cima or whoever runs dragon gate do nothing about this it will hurt the company i promise. I will not cheer for a human being that beat that monkey for fun. That may sound pathetic but its the way i feel about the situation

I don't blame you, I've never seen dragon gate so I can't boycott something I've never supported but anyone who hurts something just because they can weather its animals or childern or whatever, is a sick person and they need help.
Evilguest

Return to General Discussion