Mitsuharu Misawa is dead

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Mitsuharu Misawa is dead

Postby Colt Banana » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:55 am

He died in a tag match of a heart attack after being back dropped by Saito.
R.I.P Misawa
Colt Banana

Re: Mitsuharu Misawa is dead

Postby kenssmith » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:16 am

RIP Misawa.
A true legend.

One has to wonder the business, the people in it, and the people supporting it will stop being dealt such bad hands.
kenssmith

Postby CheMateo » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:37 am

This is terrible. I also have to feel bad for Saito. Imagine how this is weighing on him. Hero blogged on this situation.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Misawa-San
Current mood:disbelief
Words cannot express how deeply shocked I am. We're all just in utter disbelief. Stunned sadness.

The moments at ringside felt an eternity. Never, in my life, have I wanted the fighting spirit to jump into someone's being more than I wanted tonight. The fans chanted Misawa, Misawa, Misawa. They wanted their Hero to get up so fucking bad. Just get up. Come on! You're too tough for this. Too strong. I grabbed his boots and held onto them til they took him away.

My heart goes out to his family. His students. His peers. His friends. His fans. His opponents tonight and his partner. It was a freak accident. No one is at fault.

Rest in Peace Shacho.
CheMateo

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:55 am

Holy shit... what horrible news. R.I.P. MISAWA, one of the all time greats.
TigerDriver98

Postby WannaB » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:00 pm

kenssmith wrote:RIP Misawa.
A true legend.

One has to wonder the business, the people in it, and the people supporting it will stop being dealt such bad hands.

Unfortunately no... its simply the way the industry is. Mortality rate 10x higher than any other professional athletes. Rate of hear failure and death before 50 is also much much higher.

For those figures to change you would need a severe overhaul of everything. How many bumps are taken in a match, what kind of bumps are taken, how long matches are, how many matches can be wrestled in a year, how much travelling is done, increased medical supervision and care, standards for wrestling while injured, while on medications, etc... All of that probably won't come about without a precedent set by the WWE or the formation of a union, but the latter seems highly unlikely just as it is improbable due to the organizational and financial obstacles such a task would present.
WannaB

Postby Kaijin » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:35 pm

This fucking sucks, man. I loved Misawa, even though his best years were behind him he could still put on a great show.

I'm wondering what's going to happen to NOAH and the Global Professional Wrestling Alliance now that he can't be president of either any more.
I think it's possible that Kobashi, Taue or Ogawa will take his place at the head of the company, but I hope that it all works out.

Rest in peace, Misawa. You were an inspiration to many of us.
Kaijin

Postby Whoblehwah » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:39 pm

=[ This is terrible news. Misawa was a true legend. Its a shame he had to be taken from us so abruptly.
R. I. P. Misawa
Whoblehwah

Postby El Asian » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:28 pm

this was really something I didn't want to read about when I woke up this morning but I hope PWG does a small tribute for Misawa on the web page like they did for Eddie Guerrero awhile back
El Asian

Postby PWG_Silverback » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:44 pm

PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion