A fallen friend...

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

A fallen friend...

Postby EnforceTheWorld » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:10 am

Hey all.

My real name is Cory and I've been going to PWG shows since night 2 of ASW6, with the CIMA/Dragon match that ended in a draw. My buddy Brad and I had been friends for about two years at this point, and always talked about wrestling together before he finally invited me to a PWG show, which he had been going to since 2005.

I was hooked, instantly. I wanted to go to another show the next weekend. The fact that some of my favorite indy wrestlers were in my general area (and NOT exclusive to the northeast in ROH) putting on great matches in intimate settings. I've only missed a handful of shows since then.

Sadly, my friend Brad passed away last Saturday morning as a result of a car crash, just one week after we had enjoyed the hell out of "Threemendous 2". I'm at a loss for words, how to properly express the grief I feel and the sadness knowing that I'll never be able to go to another PWG show with the guy who introduced me to it.

I'm posting this here because I want everyone to know that Brad loved going to these PWG shows, and a big part of the reason was the raucous crowd lately. He was a fan of Scott Lost and wondered why he didn't do the "Heyyyyyy..." anymore, and even got his girlfriend's 7 year old son into wrestling. I lost a great friend and PWG lost a dedicated fan.

That's Brad in the black shirt.
At "The Gentle Art Of Making Enemies"
EnforceTheWorld

Re: A fallen friend...

Postby KickToKill » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:30 am

wow man i'm really sorry to hear that, That's just sad. RIP Brad :(
KickToKill

Postby TigerDriver98 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:20 pm

Very sad story. My condolences...
TigerDriver98

Postby Meltman » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:17 am

That's awful. May he rest in peace.
Meltman

Postby Evilguest » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:29 pm

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend.
Evilguest

Postby atox » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:31 pm

RIP Brad. I am so sorry for your loss.
atox

Postby WannaB » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:21 pm

My condolences to you, and to the other friends and family of your friend, Brad.

It's saddening to recognize the face in those pictures. I believe I may have struck up a few brief and casual conversations with your friend, and even pointed him in the direction of some available seats at one of the more packed shows.
WannaB

Postby steven keen » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:00 pm

RIP Brad. always sad to lose someone in the wrestling community. although i do recognize his face, i never had the chance to talk to him, but i do have a funny story about him.

it was in 2006 at some point and he and, maybe you Cory, were enjoying the show with a 40 of Bud Light each. Brad started chugging and Disco ran all the way across the JCC to snatch the bottle, and at the same time, spilling beer all over Brad's shirt. it was awesome

once again sorry about the loss. maybe we can have a seat for him at the shows
steven keen

Postby EnforceTheWorld » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:42 am

steven keen wrote:it was in 2006 at some point and he and, maybe you Cory, were enjoying the show with a 40 of Bud Light each. Brad started chugging and Disco ran all the way across the JCC to snatch the bottle, and at the same time, spilling beer all over Brad's shirt. it was awesome

Ha! I didn't start going to PWG shows until the beginning of 2008, but I DEFINITELY have heard this story. I think he said it was during the Steen/Dragon Guerrilla Warfare match and yes, Brad was incredibly drunk at that show. I think it may have been our other friend Steve, a big black mountain of a man who I met because of Brad.

I don't think we're gonna make "Speed of Sound", but I'm gonna try to make the "Guerre sans Frontieres" show, me and Steve. And hell, we might as well save a seat. He'll be there in spirit.

:)
EnforceTheWorld

Postby CheMateo » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:54 pm

Such a shame. I'm glad you two were able to have these good times together at PWG shows. May Brad RIP.
CheMateo

Postby Benjamin Tomas » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:48 am

I think what drew Disco's attention to the bottle was Frankie Kazarian. Brad tried to hand the 40 to Frankie after his match, and Frankie took the paper bag off it and said, "I knew it!" I talked with the guy a few times. I'm sorry to hear that the SoCal wrestling community has lost a fan.
Benjamin Tomas

Return to General Discussion