Bring in Fleisch and Storm!!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Bring in Fleisch and Storm!!

Postby JustJay » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:04 pm

I know I made a topic about this recently, but I'm loving the Path of Destruction Super Dragon and Davey have been on in PWG, taking out the CZW (at the time)/Chikara tag team champions and ROH's "signature" team, and being all set to take down the top 2 names in TNA next Saturday.

I think, assuming the champs retain, that their competition needs some international flavor, and who better than Jody Fleisch and Jonny Storm? Their tag work in the UK and Japan has gotten some great reviews, Storm is always over when he comes to PWG and Fleisch is on his way back to peak form. Can you imagine the shots they'll take or the insane spots they could hit in a match with these guys?

Plus, it would be a nice thank you to the England wrestling community for the successful European Vacation show, by bringing their guys over here. Heck bring Spud along too, he could probably fit in Jonny's suitcase, and I may be the only person in Los Angeles who would say this, but I know I'd tell my friends if I heard FOR MARTIN STONE WILL BE THERE.
JustJay

Postby Wreckless » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:53 pm

no doubt storm an jody make a awsome team just have to watch there tag match in Z1 inception with the insane balcony dive and double team moves to see that and with jodys selling would be a good match against dragon and davey so i agree :) also spud is way over due for some american bookings so maybe pwg could be the first :wink:
Wreckless

Postby Paul Burns » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:53 pm

I'd love if they came in as challengers, Richards/Dragon seem like the unstopabble force running through all super-duper tagteams they face.

This would rock!
Paul Burns

Postby Aaron » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:35 am

Yes to all four guys. Jody's performance on Sunday was actually crisp - not a bodged 720 to be seen! Jonny's Jonny, he rules.

Spud's actually capable of seriously hot matches (his street fight with Jack Storm at IPW:UK's No Escape is MOTY so far imo).

re: Martin Stone, his time will come. Maybe he should concentrate on UK for now. (He's our champ afterall, lol)

I also think that the likes of Paul Travel and Iceman would be seriously redhot in somewhere like PWG. Darren Burridge also. All guys that 1PW have used I believe.

Then there's Robbie Brookside who I'm sure the PWG guys would love to have in their lockerroom.

Maybe just bring in four guys and rip-off TNA's X Cup but actually have a better team (ie, one of these guys instead of Nigel :D)
Aaron

Postby ~TDK~ » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:53 am

The recent matches I've seen Fleisch in have made me weep slightly inside. I think back to his days of moonsaulting off twenty foot balconies and generally being the pride of the UK scene and then look at him now.

What edge he had he has seemingly lost, he's slower and less fluid compared to pre - 2003. When he went up on the ropes or top turnbuckle you used to wonder what kickass move he was going to pull out the bag, now you just wonder if he will land without injuring himself or his opponent.

The AJ match at the Euro Tour UK show really did highlight Jody's ringrust and he looked very sloppy at times.
~TDK~

Postby dxreydx » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:12 pm

Going to be hard to book anyone new to PWG its hard enough to put their regulars on a card thats not a ASW, Anni show or BOLA
dxreydx

Postby magell » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:19 pm

I've never liked Johnny Storm that much. He's not consistent at all. One day he'll be nailing all of his spots well and the next day he'll look like crap.

I was a big fan of Jody before but I don't know how good he is now.
magell

Postby Aaron » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:52 am

magell wrote:I've never liked Johnny Storm that much. He's not consistent at all. One day he'll be nailing all of his spots well and the next day he'll look like crap.

I was a big fan of Jody before but I don't know how good he is now.

When was the last crap Jonny Storm match you saw then? In the past 12 months, I've seen him have over a dozen matches live and never seen a blown spot. . . more to the point, Jonny doesn't rely on spots anymore in the UK. (Get him in Japan and he's jumping off of balconies still)
Aaron

Postby Wreckless » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:04 am

yeah storm has been solid gold of late while jody has got more sloppy sadly, some times it's just hard to watch him knowing how he used to be, but yeah storm has really stepped up his game in last 2 years with more flowing matches and less spots, more pychology and such so bring him back soon pwg! :wink:

and that balcony dive in zero one was so unexpected but amazingly awsome :lol:
Wreckless

Postby Aaron » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:13 pm

Yeah, in comparison I've only seen one Jody match since his return with no blown spot and that was last weekend vs Jonny in IPW. The springboard SSP to the outside nearly always hits the apron. . . I'm thinking know that when he misses the 720 DDT it's on purpose? Like "can he hit it, if he does the match is over" kinda thing.

Jody still has bags of charisma and sells better than nearly anyone, plus he can still run up walls well enough lol.
Aaron

Postby Wreckless » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:18 pm

yeah i allways cringe now when ever jody goes for the springboard ssp it looks so damn dangerous cause he gets so close to hanging himself up on the ropes allmost every time, no doubt he still sells better than anyone but the days of him beeing one of the best brittish high flyers are slowly fading due to new talent which is sad :cry:
Wreckless

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum