Hero vs Low ki(bola 08)

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Hero vs Low ki(bola 08)

Postby Souf Centrol » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:39 pm

I just finished watching bola and I have a couple questions. Why the hell is it only a top rope. Do they not like each other in real life or something because low ki kicked hero in the face forreal.

There was no faking that because he kicked him and walked off. Then he was kicking the shit out of him the whole match. Then they were going back and forth like they wanted to hurt the other. Chris hero's elbows were hitting too hard as well

This was probably the best chris hero match I've ever seen
Souf Centrol

Re: Hero vs Low ki(bola 08)

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:15 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:Why the hell is it only a top rope.

In the nine-man prior to the main, Davey Richards threw Kenny Omega into the ropes and it collapsed. In an attempt for the ring crew to fix the ropes, Kenny Omega led the other wrestles on an ode to Benny Hill. The bottom ropes were the only ones that could be saved and by the end of the match they just switched it to the top.
Lord Akiyama

Postby Souf Centrol » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:25 am

Damn I guess I shouldn't have skipped that match. I was trying to get to the main event
Souf Centrol

Postby Meltman » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:53 am

I think the missing rope made the match that much more special. An overlooked classic in my eyes. Definitely Ki's best PWG outing.
Meltman

Postby bford24 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:34 pm

That whole event involving Omega was crazy, I was there when Ronin broke the rope but had never seen the ropes just explode like they did. I also think it made the last match feel more special.

I also remember the kick to the nose of Hero, that was pretty brutal.
bford24

Postby Souf Centrol » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:53 pm

I also remember the kick to the nose of Hero, that was pretty brutal

Yeah that's what got me, he kicked him like he had a problem with him. I thought it was from the chops but it didn't look like hero hit him that hard
Souf Centrol

Postby camstun187 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:31 pm

Well think about it, they really couldn't do much with only a top rope without some things just looking utterly ridiculous.

I think it simply just made them step their game up. They're veterans, and sometimes a really stiff match between such competitors is necessary. This was one of those times.
camstun187

Postby Zwarrior2 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:14 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:I just finished watching bola and I have a couple questions. Why the hell is it only a top rope.

Kind of making it obvious a match was skipped.

And Low Ki tends to mess people up in some of his matches. He KOed Roddy with a soccer kick during the finals of TPI 2006 (another tournament he won), that lead to a strange pin as Ki seemed to want to hit the Ki Krusher but Roddy wouldn't get up so he just pushed him over and pinned him. Roddy was bleeding from the nose, his left eye was messed up and he needed help to the back. Ki delivers one mean soccer kick.
Zwarrior2

Postby Meltman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:34 pm

He's definitely knocked people out over the years. I remember he once KO-ed Dan Maff and another time one of the guys in Special K.
Meltman

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:44 pm

And Low Ki tends to mess people up in some of his matches. He KOed Roddy with a soccer kick during the finals of TPI 2006 (another tournament he won), that lead to a strange pin as Ki seemed to want to hit the Ki Krusher but Roddy wouldn't get up so he just pushed him over and pinned him. Roddy was bleeding from the nose, his left eye was messed up and he needed help to the back. Ki delivers one mean soccer kick.

Yeah I was excited to see low vs hero I got impatient. I'm not tripping because I own the dvd so I can go back and watch it at anytime

What does tpi stand for, I'ma have to check this dvd out as well. I wonder when the 5 for 40 sell ends
Souf Centrol

Postby Zwarrior2 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:29 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:

Yeah I was excited to see low vs hero I got impatient. I'm not tripping because I own the dvd so I can go back and watch it at anytime

What does tpi stand for, I'ma have to check this dvd out as well. I wonder when the 5 for 40 sell ends

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Petty_Invitational

And I forgot about the Maff KO, that Tidal Wave was sick.
Zwarrior2

Postby camstun187 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:19 am

it already ended:

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/me ... _deal.html

It usually is sent out to customers on PWG's e-mailing list.

They really don't like word of the sale to be spread around to everyone. I say this because Excalibur deleted my topic about it, and not many people seem to ever know about it.
camstun187

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:15 pm

Yeah that's how I got it thru email, I checked the link last night and the sale is over :(... I should have got 10 dvds like I was going to do in the first place. 15 for one dvd isn't bad though, just the wait for that one dvd is lol
Souf Centrol

Postby BayAreaPWGFan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:17 pm

You missed BOLA 08? What the hell happened? I thought you were a diehard. Omega running around the armory with everyone chasing is easily a top 3 PWG moment for me. When he snapped the ropes it looked like he was seriously injured and some nerds were pleading with John Ian and Excalibur to stop the show. I was going to die just laughing minutes later whenOmega comes out with a mic and everyone wondering what is happening, when he proclaims, "Guys, guys stop...what are you all doing...nobody is going to win...because we're ALL LOSERS!" and everyone chaseses him around the building and outside before he runs back in the ring and Necro crushes him with a chair.

If you also notice after the match Necro blasts the ref with a chairshot as the whole audience cheers "hit the referee, his the referre.." That was because the ref dq'ed Nigel in his match with Low Ki in the semi's the previous match.

Classic PWG!
BayAreaPWGFan

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum