Booking the Next Show

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Booking the Next Show

Postby b2u » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:29 am

Both Hero and Davey have challenged Omega for the title at the next show but I really don't see them booking back to back 3 way main events. So I thought maybe they could do a round robin challenge with both Hero and Richards getting shots no matter what.

Opener
PWG World Title: Kenny Omega(c) vs. Chris Hero, It doesn't matter who wins because Davey has to face both anyway. If Hero wins, he'll defend the title in the main event against Davey, but Davey still has to face Omega mid-show. If Omega wins, he'll main event with Davey for the title but Davey still has to face Hero mid-show. Anyway, here's how I see the whole card playing out.

Opening PWG World Title Match: Kenny Omega(c) vs. Chris Hero
6 Person Mayhem Match: Brandon Bonham vs. Ryan Taylor vs. Johnny Goodtime vs. LTP vs. Brandon Cutler vs. Dustin Cutler
4 Way Tag Team Match for the PWG World Tag Team Titles: Generation Me(c) vs. El Generico and Human Tornado vs. Paul London and Spanky vs. Colt Cabana and Chuck Taylor(Possible Chuck Taylor Heel Turn)
Chris Hero vs. Davey Richards
Six Man Tag Match: The Dynasty and Brandon Gatson vs. Roderick Strong and The Motor City Machine Guns
PWG World Title: Kenny Omega(c) vs. Davey Richards

Anyway, just my thoughts....
b2u

Re: Booking the Next Show

Postby El Asian » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:14 am

seems good but here's what I do

Davey Richards vs. Chuck Taylor
PWG tag titles match: Generation Me (c) vs. 2 Skinny Black Guys
Motor City Machine Guns vs. the Cutler Brothers
PWG World Heavyweight Title Match: Kenny Omega (c) vs. Chris Hero

everything else, I'm not quite sure about
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:35 am

I'd love to see the following matches (based on the names on the Feb. 27 flyer):

PWG World Championship
Kenny Omega (Champion) vs. Chris Hero (Challenger)

PWG World Tag Team Championship
Generation Me (Champions) vs. 2 Skinny Black Guys of Low Moral Fiber (Challengers)

Singles Match
Davey Richards vs. Alex Shelley

Singles Match
Chris Sabin vs. Roderick Strong

Singles Match
El Generico vs. Joey Ryan

Singles Match
Brandon Gatson vs. Scott Lost

And then I'd throw in a crazy opener with some guys:

6-Man Tag Team Match
Brandon Bonham, Johnny Goodtime & Jerome Robinson vs. The Cutler Brothers & Ryan Taylor

Would love seeing a card like this.
Meltman

Postby Tarfoo » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:44 am

PWG World Title
Kenny Omega (c) vs. Chris Hero vs. Davey Richards

Special Challenge
Chuck Taylor vs. Necro Butcher

#1 Contendership
2 Skinny Black Guys vs. Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. The Dynasty vs. The Cutler Bros

Brandon Gatson vs. Roderick Strong

Johnny Goodtime vs. Candice LeRae
Tarfoo

Postby Tarfoo » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:45 am

Totally submitted by accident. Well, those five + something random.
Tarfoo

Postby Matt Flash » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:19 pm

PWG World Title Match
Kenny Omega (c) vs. Davey Richards
Davey won at WrestleReunion, Hero didn't. I know Hero has his match in his back pocket, but I think they'd rather save this first time PWG Match-Up for a bigger show.

PWG Tag Team Title Match
The Young Bucks (c) vs. The Motor City Machine Guns
Yes, the last time they fought in PWG, The Bucks won fair and square. But a lot has changed since then, and I could see PWG running an angle that they're bringing MCMG's in to show them that just because they're hot shit and in TNA, that they shouldn't be such douchebags about it. And I refuse to refer to them as Generation Me. It's just lame.

2 Skinny Black Guys vs. Joey Ryan and Scott Lost
Just a really good sounding tag match. Especially since Joey has had a resurgence due to the face support. Generico, Lost and Tornado are always good, and this could turn into a sleeper of the night.

Chris Hero vs. Brandon Gatson
Gatson has the plucky underdog down to a tee, and after his win over Shelley at BOLA, I find it hard to ever count him out and say "He has no chance". Hero is Hero and will make Gatson's selling that much better with his vicious strikes and submissions.

2 Skinny Black Guys vs. Joey Ryan and Scott Lost
Just a really good sounding tag match. Especially since Joey has had a resurgence due to the face support. Generico, Lost and Tornado are always good, and this could turn into a sleeper of the night.

Roderick Strong vs. Chuck Taylor
This sounds really fun and if Chuck toned down the comedy just a smidge, this could be another sleeper of the night. Strong is always game for a barn burner and Chuck can go when he wants to.

Ryan Taylor and Christa Von Eerie vs. LTP and Candace LeRae
Why not? That could be a lot of fun.

Brandon Bonham and Johnny Goodtime vs. The Cutlers
Again, why not? This would be another in a long line of great openers to get the crowd revved up early. Bonham is still pretty over considering he's been gone for over a year, and Goodtime and The Cutlers mesh well together.

No little Jackson. NO.
Matt Flash

Postby Meltman » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:47 pm

Matt Flash wrote:And I refuse to refer to them as Generation Me. It's just lame.[/b]

Judging by the KRM results on the results page they're still going by TYB and Matt & Nick in PWG.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:37 pm

thought of some matches and explaining why I think these matches should happen for the next show

PWG World Heavyweight Title Match
Kenny Omega (c) vs. Chris Hero

technically, Hero still has his rematch clause for the title, so might as well make this match happen for the next show

PWG World Tag Team Title Match
Generation Men/Young Bucks (Nick Jackson/Jeremy & Matt Jackson/Max) vs. 2 Skinny Black Guys (El Generico & Human Tornado)

since it was mentioned that Tornado and Generico still has a title shot to use up against the champions, might as well let that one happen too for the next show

although Davey did challenge for the title against Omega, Hero gets dibs 1st because of the rematch clause, which Davey then decides to go kill the other member of Men of Low Moral Fiber and plus PWG's Board of Directors (btw, my current theory is that Tom Hanks is a member of the Board of Directors in PWG, don't ask why) wants to punish Sexy Chucky T for letting the weather make Chuck miss Kurt Russellreunion

the Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) vs. the Cutler Brothers (Brandon & Dustin Cutler)

Cutlers are getting sick in being put in opening matches every show and demand a match against one of the best tag teams in the world and it be a great match for the Cutlers to get a huge rub from

Joey Ryan vs. Brandon Gatson

the next step for Gatson's push, going up against a former PWG champion and a long running PWG champion at that

Scott Lost vs. Roderick Strong

a rematch from 100 but both Strong and Lost still want another shot at the PWG title and both coming off from losses by RVD and Muta at Kurt Russellreunion, so a lot could be at stake for Lost and Strong

Brandon Bonham vs. Ryan Taylor

a good match I randomly thought of and plus give Taylor his 1st singles match in PWG as well

the Negro Division (Jerome "LTP" Robinson & Willie Mack) vs. the rockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma) vs. Los Luchas (Zokre & Phoenix Star)

an excuse for PWG to debut Willie Mack and Johnny Yuma and to bring back Los Luchas as well plus it be an awesome match to open the show plus new tag teams for PWG
El Asian

Postby zombiegeeknecrocult » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:49 pm

Kenny vs. Generico II (rematch 1 year in the making)

Generation Me vs. 2SBGOLMF

Number 1 contenders match: Davey vs. Hero

Gatson vs.Joey Ryan

Strong/Colt vs. Bonham/CK Jackson

Lost vs. London

Spanky vs. Steen

LTP, Candice, Los Luchas vs. Goodtime,Cutlers, Ryan Taylor,von eerie
zombiegeeknecrocult

Postby Meltman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:31 am

zombiegeeknecrocult wrote:Number 1 contenders match: Davey vs. Hero

This would be awesome to see in 2010, especially here.
Meltman

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:38 am

Meltman wrote:I'd love to see the following matches (based on the names on the Feb. 27 flyer):

PWG World Championship
Kenny Omega (Champion) vs. Chris Hero (Challenger)

PWG World Tag Team Championship
Generation Me (Champions) vs. 2 Skinny Black Guys of Low Moral Fiber (Challengers)

Singles Match
Davey Richards vs. Alex Shelley

Singles Match
Chris Sabin vs. Roderick Strong

Singles Match
El Generico vs. Joey Ryan

Singles Match
Brandon Gatson vs. Scott Lost

And then I'd throw in a crazy opener with some guys:

6-Man Tag Team Match
Brandon Bonham, Johnny Goodtime & Jerome Robinson vs. The Cutler Brothers & Ryan Taylor

Would love seeing a card like this.

Not bad brother, not bad at all.
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:45 pm

Will Kenny be back from Japan for the next show?

If not, Hero vs. Richards would be incredible.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby PWGnorthern » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:01 am

PWG World Championship Match
Kenny Omega (C) Vs Davey Richards

PWG World Tag Team Championship Match
The Young Bucks (C) Vs 2 Skinny Black Guys Of Low Moral Fiber (Human Tornado & Chuck Taylor)

Singles Match
Roderick Strong Vs Chris Hero

Tag Team Match
Motor City Machine Guns (Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley) Vs Briam Kendrick & Paul London

Singles Match
Scott Lost Vs Brandon Gatson

Singles Match
Joey Ryan Vs Brandon Bonham

then im sure LTP, Goodtime, Cutlers, Taylor will be in something sweet
PWGnorthern

Postby PWGnorthern » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:04 am

ok just added

6-Man Tag Team Match
El Generico & Jerome "LTP" Robinson & Johnny Goodtime Vs Kevin Steen & The Cutler Brothers
PWGnorthern

Postby LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:28 am

I'm all for any card that brings back Christina Von Eerie...
LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK

Postby Zwarrior2 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:38 pm

El Asian wrote:thought of some matches and explaining why I think these matches should happen for the next show

PWG World Heavyweight Title Match
Kenny Omega (c) vs. Chris Hero

technically, Hero still has his rematch clause for the title, so might as well make this match happen for the next show

PWG World Tag Team Title Match
Generation Men/Young Bucks (Nick Jackson/Jeremy & Matt Jackson/Max) vs. 2 Skinny Black Guys (El Generico & Human Tornado)

since it was mentioned that Tornado and Generico still has a title shot to use up against the champions, might as well let that one happen too for the next show

although Davey did challenge for the title against Omega, Hero gets dibs 1st because of the rematch clause, which Davey then decides to go kill the other member of Men of Low Moral Fiber and plus PWG's Board of Directors (btw, my current theory is that Tom Hanks is a member of the Board of Directors in PWG, don't ask why) wants to punish Sexy Chucky T for letting the weather make Chuck miss Kurt Russellreunion

the Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin) vs. the Cutler Brothers (Brandon & Dustin Cutler)

Cutlers are getting sick in being put in opening matches every show and demand a match against one of the best tag teams in the world and it be a great match for the Cutlers to get a huge rub from

Joey Ryan vs. Brandon Gatson

the next step for Gatson's push, going up against a former PWG champion and a long running PWG champion at that

Scott Lost vs. Roderick Strong

a rematch from 100 but both Strong and Lost still want another shot at the PWG title and both coming off from losses by RVD and Muta at Kurt Russellreunion, so a lot could be at stake for Lost and Strong

Brandon Bonham vs. Ryan Taylor

a good match I randomly thought of and plus give Taylor his 1st singles match in PWG as well

the Negro Division (Jerome "LTP" Robinson & Willie Mack) vs. the rockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma) vs. Los Luchas (Zokre & Phoenix Star)

an excuse for PWG to debut Willie Mack and Johnny Yuma and to bring back Los Luchas as well plus it be an awesome match to open the show plus new tag teams for PWG

I like this card. Top 4 matches would be quiet good.
Zwarrior2

Postby PWGnorthern » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:43 am

i would just love any update at all on any information regarding the next show, other than its Feb. 27, and the MCMG's are there
PWGnorthern

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:07 am

LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK wrote:I'm all for any card that brings back Christina Von Eerie...

I'm with you on that one bro, she's so damn hot and at reseda I'll get to see her wrestle up close. Hope she isnt't still doing the 5 dollar poloroid(smh) hope that was just for wrestleunion. One guy on here got a pic with her but I think that was at the meet and greet
Souf Centrol

Postby PWGnorthern » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:22 pm

seeing as the next show update is coming... well who knows when (granted im guessing its an All Star Weekend or some sort of weekend shows as they probably would have announced a single March show or single April show by now... but anyone got any ideas of any matches they think will be on the next card?
PWGnorthern

Postby b2u » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:11 am

PWG World Title: Davey Richards(c) vs. Chris Hero
PWG World Tag Team Titles: Generation Me(c) vs. Team Double Brandon (Brandon Bonham and Brandon Gatson)
The Dynasty vs. Londrick
Roderick Strong vs. Chuck Taylor
El Generico and Colt Cabana vs. The Cutler Brothers
LTP, Goodtime and Candice vs. Ryan Taylor, Malachi Jackson and Christina Von Eerie

All-Star Weekend Type Show Main Matches
Night 1:
Non-Title Necro Rules: Davey Richards vs. Necro Butcher
PWG Tag Team Titles: Generation Me(c) vs. El Generico and Colt Cabana
Londrick vs. MOLMF
Chris Hero and The Dynasty vs. Roderick Strong and MCMG
Kevin Steen vs. Brandon Gatson

Night 2:
PWG Title Triple Threat: Davey Richards(c) vs. Chris Hero vs. Roderick Strong
PWG World Tag Team Titles: Generation Me(c) vs. Londrick
Grudge Match Over 1 Year in the Making: MOLMF vs. El Generico and Colt Cabana
MCMG vs. The Cutlers