Human Tornado Retiring?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Human Tornado Retiring?

Postby El Asian » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:51 am

I really wonder why is it that guys in SoCal retire much younger than anyone else but I do hope Tornado has a farewell match, I'm thinking Generico should be the person to have his last match against
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:07 am

It really is crazy how many guys have retired. Bosh, Quicksilver, Excalibur, Dragon, now Tornado. And Dragon's the only one who retired after 30. That's a messed up statistic.

I agree, his last match should be against either Generico or Hero. If we even get another match that is.
Meltman

Postby deadmandevilman » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:15 pm

it's crazy, as he was getting booked in DGUSA and ROH. the santino bros put a video up of him trying out for AAA last last year/early this year. all signs pointed to him becoming bigger then ever. I hope this is a character change or something.
deadmandevilman

Postby CheMateo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:06 pm

This is terrible news if it is true. I would hate to see him go as I was really digging his return and it seemed like he had all this momentum on his side. I think Tornado is a tremendous asset to PWG. It will definitely be a serious blow to PWG and wrestling in general. I'd really hate to see So Cal lose another great wrestler.
CheMateo

Postby tigerbomb87 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:24 pm

i guess he deleted his facebook account too. Shit.
tigerbomb87

Postby MegaKnux » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:43 pm

Well, his youtube account is still up. He posted a video of him rapping in his car a little while back.

youtube.com/humantornado
MegaKnux

Postby tmac9311 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:38 am

Man, Tornado was originally the guy that introduced me to the great company that is PWG. I will really be devastated if I go my whole life without seeing Tornado live, I was planning to go to BOLA 2010 and see him along with other greats, It already sucks enough I can't see Bosh, no Tornado just makes it worse. Looks like a lot of guys think it may be a name change, with the suddenness of it I hope that's true.
tmac9311

Postby Zwarrior2 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:13 am

El Asian wrote:I really wonder why is it that guys in SoCal retire much younger than anyone else but I do hope Tornado has a farewell match, I'm thinking Generico should be the person to have his last match against

Maybe at the Anniversary Show. Hopefully he's not truly done just taking time off to rest.
Zwarrior2

Postby Peace » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:47 am

He's going back to pimp school. As good as his back hand is, its not quite perfect.
Peace

Postby El Asian » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:24 pm

another person for Tornado could have his last match against that may seem weird but fitting, Candice Larae
El Asian

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:43 pm

Even if he doesn't do another match, he should be on so the fans could say good bye.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby socalstrongstyle » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:21 pm

He was going to retire following his last injury.We were lucky to have him over the past year.
socalstrongstyle

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:53 pm

I still think its sad. :(

Tornado say it ain't so!!! Say it Ain't so!!!! You were always that Rider in the Storm!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Souf Centrol » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:40 pm

Yeah I'm still waiting for the news of it being a joke or something
Souf Centrol

Postby Meltman » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:40 pm

I'd say let it settle in that he's retired. I was waiting until PWG's announcement on the subject but now...yeah.
Meltman

Postby rtorres481 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:16 am

No, say it isn't so! On the surface this appears to be bad news. Tornado has been my favorite PWG star since the beginning of 2006, when I began attending shows. He has a ton of charisma, which makes you take immediate notice of what he can do in the ring. I've never seen another competitor perform in quite the way that Tornado can. Even during his stint as a heel, I still wanted to cheer for the guy. He was also always cool with fans who wanted a picture, an autograph, or just talk about the matches. I said that this is bad news on the surface, and that is because we don't know his reason for retiring. If it is due to injuries, for example, then it is a good thing for him to slow down and take care of himself before any permanent damage.

I know a few years back he actually did announce his "retirement" on his Myspace page, following a Boogeyman match he watched. It turned out to be a joke and I don't believe that he actually cancelled any bookings. This one seems to be legitimate, and I will end by saying...HT, thank you for entertaining all of us!
rtorres481

Postby Colt Banana » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Maybe he can still do commentary at the shows? Plus Dino's old job is still open...
Colt Banana

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:44 pm

Tornado was my favorite...sucks to see him go, but I do wish him nothing but the best in whatever he decides to do after wrestling...he will definitely be missed.
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby Whoblehwah » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:09 am

tmac9311 wrote:Man, Tornado was originally the guy that introduced me to the great company that is PWG. I will really be devastated if I go my whole life without seeing Tornado live, I was planning to go to BOLA 2010 and see him along with other greats, It already sucks enough I can't see Bosh, no Tornado just makes it worse. Looks like a lot of guys think it may be a name change, with the suddenness of it I hope that's true.

I feel your pain. I was supposed to see him vs. Steve Corino this saturday at ROH's 8th Anniversary show. =\ Just the other day me and my friend were talking about how we wanted to see him do a dive into the crowd or pimp slap somebody.
Whoblehwah

Postby Htornado » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:39 am

Tornado your spirit will live on through my username. Haha, jokes aside, if you really are retiring I'm going to miss you a lot man. Your personality and in-ring ability were what originally got me into PWG. You were in the first match I ever saw at PWG, and I was immediately hooked. I wish you well in your future endeavors, and hope we're lucky enough to get an "encore" match down the rode.
Htornado

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum