Which Evolution DVD?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Which Evolution DVD?

Postby wordserver » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:52 pm

I was planning on buying a Super Dragon Evolution DVD... and since they're about $30, I'm only planning to buy one for now.... which one do you guys recommend?
wordserver

Postby astro_zombie » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:58 pm

doesnt matter. cant go wrong with SD
astro_zombie

Postby d_mon » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:24 pm

I agree, but when is PWG going to come out with other best of's? I know Super Dragon worked hard on the Evolution series, but I would love to see some best of Arrogance and/or best of Scott Lost and Chris Bosh(seperate DVDs) and Kevin Steen, and maybe after a little while best of Super Dragon and Davey Richards, maybe release it as an Evolution series and call it Evolution 5: Tag Team Dominance or something like that.
d_mon

Postby Wreckless » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:51 pm

scott lost and bosh both all ready have a best of out for each of them on dvd :wink:
i dont know where they sell them over there but both of them had them for sale at the uk show along with the best of axp, all great dvds
Wreckless

Postby d_mon » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:05 am

does nebody know online where I can order them i live in florida and cant go to the live shows
d_mon

Postby CheMateo » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:05 pm

True you cannot go wrong with either Super Dragon Evolution set but I would pick Super Dragon Evolution 3 over 4. Just by a small margin I prefer Evolution 3.
CheMateo

Postby It's A Bomb » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:49 pm

d_mon wrote:does nebody know online where I can order them i live in florida and cant go to the live shows

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/
It's A Bomb

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:56 pm

What I posted in the last thread with this question:

They are pretty even in my opinion. SO picking the better set is not an easy thing to do... but I personally prefer Evolution 3.

These matches off Evolution 3 are all must see:

12/14/02 - GSCW - Super Dragon vs Bobby Quance (2002 MOTY)
3/29/03 - GSCW - Super Dragon & B-Boy vs Bobby Quance & Jardi Frantz (2003 MOTY)
8/16/03 - APW LA - Super Dragon & Excalibur vs Joey Ryan & Scott Lost
8/30/03 - PWG - Super Dragon vs Joey Ryan
10/04/03 - PWG - Super Dragon & B-Boy vs The Briscoe Brothers
11/15/03 - PWG - Super Dragon vs Joey Ryan - Guerrilla Warfare match
15. 11/29/03 - Revolution Pro - Super Dragon vs TARO "Mask vs Mask"
10/11/03 - RevPro: "Pride of the Mask" - Super Dragon, Zokre, & Rising Son vs Quicksilver, Phoenix Star, & TARO

Plus you get other fun stuff like his debut match, his PPV match from Japan, and his series of matches with Joey Ryan, TARO and Mr. Excitement. Also his only singles match to date with Scott Lost. PLUS not one but TWO Charles Mercury matches.

Evolution 4 is also a fantastic set, with some really fun matches from CZW (including the amazing 4-way with Excalibur, Quance and B-Boy) Great RevPro matches with Bosh and Slymm, The insane match with Jack Evans from WAR. A floor cam version of the 2004 MOTY Iron Man match with Joey Ryan. Not to mention more good stuff from IWA:MS, England and Germany.. Plus funny Easter Eggs!

Both are must own sets for fans, but personally speaking, I prefer Evolution 3 by a very slim margin.
TigerDriver98

Postby d_mon » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:03 pm

It's A Bomb wrote:
d_mon wrote:does nebody know online where I can order them i live in florida and cant go to the live shows

http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/

Oh thanks, I didn't think to look there. :roll:

I guess I need to be more specific... does anybody know where I can get the Best of DVD's for Scott Lost and Chris Bosh
d_mon

Postby Big Joe » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:27 pm

At live shows. They're not sold online anymore. You can check their Myspace pages and see if there's info.
Big Joe

Postby SoCalAndy » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:24 am

Scott Lost doesn't sell DVDs at SoCal shows.

As far as the Evolution set, I liked three a lot more than four. It had the better wrestling and it had three matches with TARO. Plus the GSCW/APW-LA stuff was really good. Evolution 4 has the better production, and it has a lot of awesome stuff from different places, but I liked 3 a lot more. The Joey Ryan matches on 3 were awesome. Plus it features Bobby Quance. If you want recent stuff though, Evolution 4 is a good pick.
SoCalAndy

Postby -Cody- » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:50 am

I'd say its a toss IMO. You'll like whatever one you get. 3 has some insane matches, one of the better ones being SD vs Quance, and the Mask vs Mask against TARO.

4 is also good. His match with Bosh is amazing, as well as his CZW matches, and his match with Evans. I also really liked his match with Arik Canon from the TPI, and his WXW match against El Generico.
-Cody-

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum