As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Postby nonhipster » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:42 am

Great show, start to finish. Strong/Sabin did not let me down. Roddy is the stiffest fucker ever and it does not matter who he is in the ring with he just never let's up.

The post match exchange between Alex and Chris was a nice touch. Chris Hero loves to remind us how long he has been on the business. That match could have been the main event.

Of course Generico could not get his hands on the tag belts, yet again. Where and when will this endless build end, well, end?

Davey winning the strap was amazing. For once, I had no clue who was going to win. A one defense title reign? That is nuts. And the post show party was too funny. I was hoping the ring would break ala that old ECW clip.

Show highlight? Souf Central climbing the ring ropes and people (fellow board posters) straight marking out for him.

PWG...you always make me feel good...and drunk. Really drunk.
nonhipster

Postby Souf Centrol » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:26 am

Yeah I had a ball tonight

*chants*
You fucked up...I fucked up

I got on the turnbuckle and his guy pumped me up saying "next world champ* so I got gased and went for the second rope and slipped. Lmao

Davey winning was unexpected, a lot of us got in the ring and held him up
Souf Centrol

Postby zombiegeeknecrocult » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:11 am

how was the Tornado speech?
zombiegeeknecrocult

Postby Souf Centrol » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:09 am

He basically said he wasn't 100% when he came back. I'm thinking the doctor told him to stop wrestling. Probably to prevent permanant damage

I'm just glad to have been able to be at his "retirement match"

I wouldn't mind seeing a sqaush match, where he doesn't do anything but dance and such

It was nice to see him one more time
Souf Centrol

Postby Madvillian » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:39 am

Damn, I so need to move down to Reseda, that show sounds off the hook. I was hoping for Omega to hold the title for awhile, but Davey is the next "best in the world", like to see him pull down the ROH title now and be the first to hold both. Damn Souf Centrol, sounds like you had a great time, I thought I was hot shit cause I got to bang on a trashcan at Threemendous II, your in the ring holding up the champ, llol. Thanks for the hook up on those shirts thru KiKrusher, can't wait to get mine!
Madvillian

Postby zombiegeeknecrocult » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:20 am

i'm surprised no detailed reports. Did Omega say anything at the end of the match to the crowd?
zombiegeeknecrocult

Postby camstun187 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:06 am

Come on, Cali fans, wake up and give us some more detailed results!!

Please!?
camstun187

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:45 am

This show was F'n amazing. The matches were all really good, and I personally had a blast. During the 6 man tag, when Christina and Candice flew out of the ring, they landed right on me. Then, when Davey won, I ran in the ring with everyone else and was one of the people to hold him up. Lifetime memory right there. Unfortunately, I think we had him up uneven because I was taller than the guy on the other side.

Generico getting rejected by Taylor was awesome because someone said "why doesn't anyone like Generico?" The combined Boob suplex/ball suplex from Joey and Candice was awesome.

That fucking kid who kept walking at ringside was killing me though. I know kids will be kids, and I didn't mind him until he got in front of me (which apologized for later, so we're cool) and was yelling stuff during Tornado's speech and Davey's speech. But Davey yelling at him to sit down was awesome.

I don't think Kenny has anything to be ashamed of in dropping the strap, because he had a great match, and if you gotta lose, Davey isn't bad to lose too.

PS Davey Richards is awesome.

PPS Souf Central has a hot girlfriend.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby drop19 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:18 am

Had a lot of fun at the show last night, brought two friends who hadn't been since "100" and their gf & wife who had never been into wrestling before. They are ready to become regulars and got wrapped up in the excitement. The atmosphere in the Legion Hall was off the hook last night. Every match had something good going for it.

Random thoughts:
-I really hope LTP & Goodtime get to face off more with guys higher up the card in the future.
-Get Gatson in a storyline! This guy has a ton of potential.
-Von Eerie is getting really over at the Legion Hall. Not sure if they can keep her on the heel side much longer.
-The six-person tag match was incredibly fun. Lots of great spots, fun interactions, and Joey being Joey had us popping like crazy.
-Tornado's retirement speech was sad. I have a ton of respect for him going out on his own terms. I think we'd all love to see one more match but if the pain is too much I'm more than happy to appreciate all the good stuff in the past. Thanks to him for showing up to say goodbye.
-Shelley/Hero was fun, albeit a lot slower than everything else on the card. It's tough because I love the technical match-ups, but most of the people who I attend with (as well as some of the crowd) don't have any patience for it. Some nice moves & counter-moves from both men in this one. Elbow count: 3 or 4 I believe. ;)
-Generation Me vs 2SBGoLMF was insane. There were so many times I thought the titles were going to change hands. Poor Generico. At this point I think he has to be the guy to take the belts from Generation Me, the question becomes who is left to help him do it?
-Main event was also really nuts to watch. Not a big fan of either wrestler (although tons of respect for them). Everything Davey hit was so crisp in this match from the kicks to the rolling armbars. Kenny has to quit taking those crazy head bumps!

Got to take pictures with Hero & Generico before the show. I was wearing a Steen/Generico shirt so Generico was hesitant and asked me to cover Steen's face for the pic. :lol: The girls got their pic taken with Joey, don't think they knew what they were in for....

El Hijo del Generico wrote:That fucking kid who kept walking at ringside was killing me though. I know kids will be kids, and I didn't mind him until he got in front of me (which apologized for later, so we're cool) and was yelling stuff during Tornado's speech and Davey's speech. But Davey yelling at him to sit down was awesome.

We refer to him as "Ole #1 Kid" since the "100" show. Lately he hadn't been so bad but last night...yikes. If he wants to cheer cool, if he wants to come towards the front and slap hands that's fine, but when a match is going on he really needs to be standing someplace other than right by the apron. I get that he's a kid, but there's lots of other kids in the building sitting in their chairs, cheering and booing, and having a good time.
drop19

Postby Souf Centrol » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:45 am

PPS Souf Central has a hot girlfriend.

Thanks

I took a pic with the little boy, his brother said everybody almost made him cry. I told him don't take it personal, he's the crowd heel lol
Souf Centrol

Postby Meltman » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:27 am

Man, what a fucking crazy-sounding show.

The Davey-Omega situation sounds a lot like when Tornado first won the belt, then Generico won it from him 2 shows later. It was extremely surprising, but also brought about a bunch of really great matches. This will be no different.

I look forward to Davey as World Champion. Long, long overdue. Very surprising, but in a good way.

Once again, a PWG show sounds awesome. What else is new?
Meltman

Postby drop19 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:30 am

Davey as champ could lead to a lot of great match opportunities. Davey/Hero would be really brutal, as would Davey/Strong.
drop19

Postby Meltman » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:36 am

Davey/Hero is at the top of my list. Also a Davey/Strong rematch. Sooo many opportunities. Davey/Joey and Davey/Lost could be really sweet too. Down the line I'd also love Davey/Gatson.

Basically there are a ton of great matches here.
Meltman

Postby The Six » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:49 am

What happened to faction warfare?
The Six

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:54 am

drop19 wrote:We refer to him as "Ole #1 Kid" since the "100" show. Lately he hadn't been so bad but last night...yikes. If he wants to cheer cool, if he wants to come towards the front and slap hands that's fine, but when a match is going on he really needs to be standing someplace other than right by the apron. I get that he's a kid, but there's lots of other kids in the building sitting in their chairs, cheering and booing, and having a good time.

Exactly. I want him to enjoy the show, and obviously Shelley was cool with him. But not on the ring apron the whole time, and not booing Davey while he is giving his championship speech.

It's on now. Davey-Hero, two of my absolute favorites, for the title. I hope they go full tilt.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:56 am

BTW, how about a Tornado retirement show? Something to give him props and celebrate what he gave to his fans.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby spawnsyxx9 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:00 pm

PWG - Pro Wrestling Guerrilla
"As The Worm Turns"
27.02.2010 - Reseda, CA

Tag Team Match
Jerome "LTP" Robinson & Johnny Goodtime defeat Malachi "CK" Jackson & Ryan Taylor

Brandon Gatson defeat Scott Lost

Roderick Strong defeat Chris Sabin

Six-Person Tag Team Match
Brandon Bonham, Candice LeRae & Joey Ryan defeat The Cutler Brothers (Brandon & Dustin Cutler) & Christina Von Eerie

Chris Hero defeat Alex Shelley

PWG Tag Team Titles Match
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) (c) defeat 2 Skinny Black Guys of Low Moral Fiber (El Generico & Chuck Taylor)

PWG Heavyweight Title Match
Davey Richards defeats Kenny Omega (c) ---> Title CHANGE!

Source: PWInsider and Cagesideseats

Found a pic HERE
spawnsyxx9

Postby Meltman » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:16 pm

The Six wrote:What happened to faction warfare?

It seems that dissolved when Kendrick got signed to TNA. At the Jan. show him and the Bucks had a falling out.
Meltman

Postby Benjamin Tomas » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:30 pm

I dislike all the hate directed towards blond kid. Him enjoying the show is always one of my favorite parts of Reseda shows. Also, I said it on the SCU board, I think the Shelly/Hero match was awesome. My pick for MOTN.
Benjamin Tomas

Postby Whoblehwah » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:31 pm

Just read a report from here: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?create ... 5844326214

Quick question. Why is it that the people who write these always sound like people that have never seen indy wrestling in there life? Seriously, I can't tell you how many times I've read reports and people just don't know the names of signature moves wrestlers do. Whatever.

Sounds like another great PWG show. I'm glad Davey is champion. Omega has too many obligations in Japan, so he can't be at every PWG show. Davey on the other hand doesn't have these obligations so he'll be around more often, which is good. I have A LOT of catching up to do in terms of DVDs. I'm still kind of upset I paid $40 and never got my 5 shows though. >_<
Whoblehwah

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum