As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

Re: As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Postby jacob_burman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:00 am

abouttreefitty350 wrote:When Tornado came out, of course the kid ran up to the ring and started saying stupid stuff like, "Prove that you're injured". It totally killed the dynamic of Tornado's farewell speech.


Couldn't agree with you more. Kid pretty much killed the speech, at least for me. It seemed he was annoyed with the kid too. I would have asked for his parents and gave them a verbal beating like no other.
jacob_burman
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:37 pm

Re: As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Postby Souf Centrol » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:51 am

I was one of the ones that said shut the fuck up. I didn't know it was the little boy, I just heard someone talking loud
Image
Image
Souf Centrol's Music
Twitter: SoufCentrol
#PWGkliq
User avatar
Souf Centrol
 
Posts: 660
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Postby The Dan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:36 am

Damn, sounds like another awesome show. Sucks leaving on the other side of the world, but I'll get to Cali one day haha. Sounds like everyone that attended had a blast. Can't wait to see this on DVD!
The Dan
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:26 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Postby JAG » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:45 am

Did they announce when the next show would be?
User avatar
JAG
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:29 pm

Re: As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Postby rtorres481 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:49 am

Another awesome show for PWG! I was pleasantly surprised by the Davey title win. He definitely deserves it and should be able to provide some great matches defending the strap.

I was thrilled to pick up a PWG shirt - I've been hoping to get one for about 4 years now!

About the little kid, I was sitting right next to him a times and honestly feel pretty bad for him. He did yell out "Malachi's a homo" a few times during the opening match. The guy beside him lashed out and scolded him "Don't call someone a homo, I'm a homo - It's not a bad thing to be a homo." A few matches later the kid continually yelled out "You suck" to a wrestler. The same guy then told him "Maybe say that half as many times, you're right in my ear." This would happen all night, as the kid would have various audience members/wrestlers tell him to shut up or sit down. There were times when the kid was in tears.

Much of the blame for this happening lies with the brother. He's sitting back and enjoying the show, and the kid is crying because he's allowed to constantly roam around and upsets other people in attendance. I'm sure the kid's feelings would not be hurt so often is his brother kept him in his seat for most of the time, particulary when a match is in place and someone could fall in his direction at any time. Maybe the brother could allow him to approach the ringside area for a high five during an entrance or following a match.

Anyway, it was a fun show overall. It was hilarious to see Souf nearly fall on his ass! But good thing was was able to hold on to the ropes and maintain his balance!!
rtorres481
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:00 am

Re: As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Postby TheShaw » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:42 am

This was my first PWG show, and second indy show in general, and I got to say... that was the most fun I've had with wrestling. Me, and my friends were marking out like 8 year olds for Rey Mysterio during the Omega/Richards match. My friend was behind Davey the whole time, despite me telling him I was certain he'd lose, turns out that didn't happen, but man... so much fun, such a great time, me and my friends are gonna go to any show we can at this point. Thanks ALOT PWG for the great show, and finally getting me motivated to try and pursue a career in the wrestling industry, its my dream man.
Continuity be damned!
Image
User avatar
TheShaw
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:36 pm
Location: Long Beach, CA

Re: As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:00 am

Souf Centrol wrote:
El Hijo del Generico wrote:PPS Souf Central has a hot girlfriend.


She is taking this to the head, I should have never told her you said this lol

I kept saying "next world champ" all the way home, then when I showed her the comment now she's getting me back with "I'm hot" and "when is the next show" lol


They can both be true. Crowd Champion and his hot valet, for the win.
Image
User avatar
El Hijo del Generico
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Postby fatallylost » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:52 pm

rtorres481 wrote:Another awesome show for PWG! I was pleasantly surprised by the Davey title win. He definitely deserves it and should be able to provide some great matches defending the strap.

I was thrilled to pick up a PWG shirt - I've been hoping to get one for about 4 years now!

About the little kid, I was sitting right next to him a times and honestly feel pretty bad for him. He did yell out "Malachi's a homo" a few times during the opening match. The guy beside him lashed out and scolded him "Don't call someone a homo, I'm a homo - It's not a bad thing to be a homo." A few matches later the kid continually yelled out "You suck" to a wrestler. The same guy then told him "Maybe say that half as many times, you're right in my ear." This would happen all night, as the kid would have various audience members/wrestlers tell him to shut up or sit down. There were times when the kid was in tears.

Much of the blame for this happening lies with the brother. He's sitting back and enjoying the show, and the kid is crying because he's allowed to constantly roam around and upsets other people in attendance. I'm sure the kid's feelings would not be hurt so often is his brother kept him in his seat for most of the time, particulary when a match is in place and someone could fall in his direction at any time. Maybe the brother could allow him to approach the ringside area for a high five during an entrance or following a match.

Anyway, it was a fun show overall. It was hilarious to see Souf nearly fall on his ass! But good thing was was able to hold on to the ropes and maintain his balance!!


I would only feel bad for the kid if this was the first time. But, seriously, all but 2 of the shows I've gone to have had something involving him. It's enough already!

But besides that, and the smarky people behind me, it was one of the better crowds I've been a part of .

also, I know, in this day and age we all know more than anyone in the 80's. With dirt sheets, and just the internet in general.

But, seriously, why do some people just go to a show to sit and talk about how this person is getting fired from that promotion, so and so sucks because of blah blah. I don't get it. Sure, talk all you want, but, with 2 people in a conversation, should you not hear the other person once in a while?
#PWGkliq #IWLCrew #NobodieCares #GooniesNeverDie
User avatar
fatallylost
 
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 5:19 pm
Location: La Puente, CA

Re: As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Postby Langdon Alger » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:40 pm

Catching Goodtime's gum . . . Highlight of the night.
Langdon Alger
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:45 pm

Re: As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Postby Chris Bosh » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:38 pm

Did someone know where to find a gallery from the event!!
Chris Bosh
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:32 pm

Re: As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Postby Souf Centrol » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:25 am

I didn't get to take as many pics as I usually do because my camera died, but the ones I did take are in the picture thread
Image
Image
Souf Centrol's Music
Twitter: SoufCentrol
#PWGkliq
User avatar
Souf Centrol
 
Posts: 660
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Postby nonhipster » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:02 am

I love that a lot of grown men (and women?) are spending so much time talking about how a little kid influnced a pro wrestling show. Hahaha.

Though I do agree that Souf Central climbing the ring ropes wasa true highlight.

How do you know you are a nerd? Answer: when you know people you have never spoken to before by seeing their photo on wrestling message boards.

Me=nerd.
nonhipster
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:00 am
Location: Silverlake, CA

Re: As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:24 am

TheShaw wrote:This was my first PWG show, and second indy show in general, and I got to say... that was the most fun I've had with wrestling. Me, and my friends were marking out like 8 year olds for Rey Mysterio during the Omega/Richards match. My friend was behind Davey the whole time, despite me telling him I was certain he'd lose, turns out that didn't happen, but man... so much fun, such a great time, me and my friends are gonna go to any show we can at this point. Thanks ALOT PWG for the great show, and finally getting me motivated to try and pursue a career in the wrestling industry, its my dream man.


I agree..
Could not have said it better :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:45 pm

Re: As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Postby theBZA » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:20 pm

I'm so fuckin' pissed I missed this show. I told myself I was going to go but when I realized it was the same day my band had 3 shows in norcal I was bummed as hell. I knew something was going to happen and of course one of my favorite wrestlers right now wins the fuckin' championship. Pissed I missed out my homie text me right after Davey won. I will be at the show if I'm not on tour.

Also Souf Centrol if you blaze it before next show let me know cause I'm down to throw down
theBZA
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:06 pm
Location: L.A.

Re: As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:03 pm

I was literally on the edge of my seat during the title match. The exchange at the end had me hanging on every move.
Image
User avatar
El Hijo del Generico
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Postby Souf Centrol » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:30 pm

Also Souf Centrol if you blaze it before next show let me know cause I'm down to throw down


Yeah man of course, I was suppose to blaze with someone else but I had to get madvillian and kikrusher's shirts and DVDs. I had their money so I was trying to make sure I got their stuff.

I'm going to get their early next time, I want some better seats
Image
Image
Souf Centrol's Music
Twitter: SoufCentrol
#PWGkliq
User avatar
Souf Centrol
 
Posts: 660
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Postby jacob_burman » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:00 am

nonhipster wrote:How do you know you are a nerd? Answer: when you know people you have never spoken to before by seeing their photo on wrestling message boards.

Me=nerd.


You're not the only one. I joined the site maybe a week or so before the event and easily placed his face with his picture. I too, am a nerd lol.
jacob_burman
 
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:37 pm

Re: As The Worm Turns takes place Saturday, February 27, 2010!

Postby bat4life » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:13 pm

This past saturday was my first time there also, my friend and I went and had an AWESOME time. PWG has the best talent hands down and even though some of the talent is also from ROH they still better over at PWG. I haven't been to a wrestling even in probably 10yrs, so be honest with you I don't watch wwe anymore because I got tired of all the scripted acting. PWG brought back memories of the old school days and all the technical wrestling that wrestlers these days don't do on T.V. I am hooked and my friends and I will be attending every show from now on!. Im so glad I went to wrestle reunion4 and was able to see the talent for the first time. I talked to Souf Centrol at the bar before the show, very cool guy to meet in person. I left after Davey won and was talking on the mic thanking everyone, I should have stayed because I missed when people entered the ring to carry him and Souf Centrol climbing the 2 rope. Anyways my friends and I are wondering when the next show will be? We can't wait do go again and get drunk!!
bat4life
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:49 am

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron