scorpio sky/quicksilver vs arrogance

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

scorpio sky/quicksilver vs arrogance

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:21 pm

I was watching pwg sells and when I was watching this match I was wondering was scorpio sky suppose to win?

It was mask vs title and I'm thinking sky is suppose to be unmasked. Which he was but it was after he won and was beaten bloody. Quicksilver was taken to the back after a chair shot against the pole and sky kept wrestling. When sky pinned lost, bosh was walking around like he won.

I was thinking it wasn't suppose to go that way by their reaction. They all beat him and I heard him tell the ref "get them off me" I might be looking too hard into it
Souf Centrol

Re: scorpio sky/quicksilver vs arrogance

Postby talley_1986 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:56 pm

As my history of PWG is limited, I just naturally assumed that Arrogance would win since I knew that Scorpio Sky was maskless now. So having Sky pull off the huge upset, it was still a surprise years after it took place. I see it as just an incredible way to push a star as a super face. Scorpio refusing to cover his face after the attack and looking around at the fans cheering for him, that seemed like just a huge moment in Scorpio realizing that he didn't need the mask to be successful.

I think it went exactly as planned. Bosh seems more of a comedy wrestler than Lost, so it was just the extra topping on the win to have Bosh thinking he won. I didn't have high expectations for the match, but I was blown away by the quality and storytelling of it all. Easily one of my favorite matches on the PWG Sells Out DVD.
talley_1986

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:39 pm

Yeah it was a great match, but I thought it was one of the reason scorpio won't wrestle for pwg. He thinks they are against him or something like that. He wants to be put in a story and they won't do it for some reason. I thought I found that reason lol
Souf Centrol

Postby talley_1986 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:39 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:Yeah it was a great match, but I thought it was one of the reason scorpio won't wrestle for pwg. He thinks they are against him or something like that. He wants to be put in a story and they won't do it for some reason. I thought I found that reason lol

If that's the reason, why did he keep coming back to PWG after that?

If there is some sort of reason why he's not here anymore, it had to have happened long after this.
talley_1986

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:03 pm

I think that would be a huge reason to NOT put him in a story or make him a big part of PWG, you gotta do what the boss says. If you have to lose then lose, not change things up. I still don't know if that was the case with that match that's why I asked. Maybe someone had some info but here's an interview with him talking about not wrestling for pwg

http://rapidshare.com/files/341197505/Scorpio_Sky_PWG.mp3.html
Souf Centrol

Postby talley_1986 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:02 am

Judging by the interview, I'm even more convinced that his issues with the company has nothing to do with the tag title switch. The title switch happened in the summer of 2005. He made reference to problems beginning around DDT4 when he was booked at the last minute. He didn't work 2007's DDT4, so I presume he's talking about 2008's. That's three years difference. If you have someone who's changing finishes during the match, I can't see why you'd keep them about for three more years before any real problems begin.

The surprise victory was all part of the storyline. The feud really just kept going on through Chanukah Chaos (The C's Are Silent) where Scorpio and Scott Lost had their I-Quit main event match that I've heard a lot of good about.
talley_1986

Postby Meltman » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:42 am

Talley, they were talking about last year's DDT4 when Sky/Tornado replaced Los Luchas as a substitute team.
Meltman

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:59 pm

I'm not saying that's the reason why he won't wrestle but why they won't put him on the rosters page, have him as a regular. If someone is talented but go against what you say yeah you keep him but keep him at a distance.

I don't know just saw the match and thought it looked wierd. Maybe they were suppose to win and he would still get unmasked. Maybe that's why quicksilver went to the back
Souf Centrol

Postby talley_1986 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:45 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:I don't know just saw the match and thought it looked wierd. Maybe they were suppose to win and he would still get unmasked. Maybe that's why quicksilver went to the back

Well that's another clue. Why else would Quicksilver go to the back if he was supposed to be unmasked? I see them working in the injury angle to give the fans the impression that there was no way Scorpio could win in the end. He pulls off the epic babyface shocking win, only to be attacked by Arrogance afterward. Sky is unmasked, but realizes that he's earned the fans respect and more love. Now Scorpio doesn't feel as if he needs the mask.
talley_1986

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:05 pm

I guess case closed lol
Souf Centrol

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum