Random PWG Comments Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Random PWG Comments Thread

Postby El Asian » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:37 am

anyone kinda miss the 24 man and 3 night BOLA? I don't mind that PWG has kept it small for BOLA and probably not expecting that back for BOLA this year either (probably for the better anyways) but I do miss the fact it had some kinda epic feel to it
El Asian

Postby Souf Centrol » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:20 am

El Asian wrote:anyone kinda miss the 24 man and 3 night BOLA? I don't mind that PWG has kept it small for BOLA and probably not expecting that back for BOLA this year either (probably for the better anyways) but I do miss the fact it had some kinda epic feel to it

The cost was probably too high or something, maybe they had trouble getting that many wrestlers to show up
Souf Centrol

Postby MegaKnux » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:55 am

El Asian wrote:anyone kinda miss the 24 man and 3 night BOLA? I don't mind that PWG has kept it small for BOLA and probably not expecting that back for BOLA this year either (probably for the better anyways) but I do miss the fact it had some kinda epic feel to it

Yeah, I wish they'd bring back the 3 night tournament this year.
MegaKnux

Postby Meltman » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:59 am

24-man BOLA was cool, but 16 gives it a prestigious feel which is also cool.

What I miss the most about 24 guys is the random entrants. People you wouldn't expect in BOLA. Then again they've also had surprises since returning to the old format, with guys like Omega debuting within the tourney.
Meltman

Postby Tarfoo » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:08 am

After watching Against The Grain, I can't help but say that I've never been as annoyed with the Reseda crowd as I was now (thankfully PWG took actions afterwards). The bald Charles Mercury-looking guy in front row with the shirt or whatever on his shoulder has always been somewhat of a distraction, but now he had his own damn show going on! Every 4 or 5 seconds I saw his round bald and waving hands take 1/5 of the view. Going to a legitimate verbal battle with the wrestlers wasn't that cool either.

Then what? The beer-zipping woman (apparently somehow associated with Fake Charles Mercury) and her annoying antics, the always drunk old man yelling his loungs out with stupid shit and some asshole hanging from the second rope when Generico approaches them.

Super Dragon should Psycho Drive them all to deep coma.

/rant over
Tarfoo

Postby Meltman » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:27 am

Johnny Goodtime debuts for ROH tomorrow. Congrats to Goodtime, very talented guy for sure.

I hope him and LTP face some established teams in the coming months. I have high hopes for that duo.
Meltman

Postby PWGnorthern » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:42 am

Meltman wrote:Johnny Goodtime debuts for ROH tomorrow. Congrats to Goodtime, very talented guy for sure.

I hope him and LTP face some established teams in the coming months. I have high hopes for that duo.

I just found this out as well, congrats for sure thats awesome news. Good to see that other companies are looking to PWG for great up and coming talent
PWGnorthern

Postby Meltman » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:46 am

Honestly man, as a follower of both PWG and Chikara, I can tell you PWG has the best cream of new talent right now. There are a bunch of extremely talented guys who are just now getting some exposure. Goodtime debuts for ROH, the Cutlers are debuting for DGUSA and hopefully more to come. These guys deserve it.

I think Gatson would be perfect for DGUSA. Ryan Taylor's also really good.
Meltman

Postby PWGnorthern » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:04 pm

thats right I forgot the Cutlers were in DGUSA. Gatson and Ryan Taylor are going to get some attention, you're right. Its kind of good/bad scenario, yeah PWG has great young talent, but the more they get noticed and participate in other companies the more likely we won't see them as much down the road (most likely some years away)
PWGnorthern

Postby Meltman » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:06 pm

PWGnorthern wrote:Its kind of good/bad scenario, yeah PWG has great young talent, but the more they get noticed and participate in other companies the more likely we won't see them as much down the road (most likely some years away)

Yeah, you're right. It's kinda bittersweet. Like I was real bummed when Davey and Steen took breaks from PWG, because that's where they're always been the most enjoyable to me.

Hopefully as long as the locals live nearby they'll keep getting booked for bigger and better matches.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:52 pm

its always good for local guys to get huge notice, probably thanks to PWG as well, plus there's always gonna be local guys for PWG to bring in and other feds in the US will start noticing and books those guys and more new guys will come into PWG, its the circle although I do hope Bonham will get the notice as well even he did train with Arik Cannon, Ryan Cruz, and Darin Corbin, it seems it was Bonham that never got the bigger notice compared to the other 3 in the east coast, probably because he moved to SoCal

and also, anyone just notice that Excalibur's catchphrase has been, "This is serious"? I have no clue why I just noticed that now
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:55 am

El Asian wrote:I do hope Bonham will get the notice as well even he did train with Arik Cannon, Ryan Cruz, and Darin Corbin, it seems it was Bonham that never got the bigger notice compared to the other 3 in the east coast, probably because he moved to SoCal

I thought Bonham was picking up a lot of steam right before he quit. Probably better-known (at least hyped) than Cannon and NSE at this point. Cannon is better known but I'd say Bonham is more talked-about than NSE.

I'm with you man, I wanna see some big Bonham matches. I wanna see the Bonham vs. Strong match they booked once but never happened.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:35 pm

agree on the Bonham vs. Strong match, anyways, I just want Excalibur to buy and wear this shirt at a future show

http://www.amazon.com/Never-Forget-Wres ... 723&sr=8-7
El Asian

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:53 pm

I saw Goodtime at ROH and the Cutlers and Malachi at DGUSA this last weekend, and I cheered the shit out of those guys, tried to start chants, and gave support. They were all awesome. I thought Johnny was the best in his match, by far.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby tmac9311 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:26 pm

yeah as somebody mentioned above, I started watching a little Chikara, and besides the shows not all that fun other than BDK being intriguing, Chikara's young guys couldn't hold the local's jockstrap in PWG. PWG was the first indy company I fell in love with, and I guess I was a bit spoiled, because I was getting openers like Goodtime/LTP vs Cutlers, which ends up being better than like half a Chikara show.

No disrespect intended for Chikara, PWG is just way too awesome right now. When does As the Worm Turns ship, I just got the money to buy it finally.
tmac9311

Postby musdy » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:01 am

He only had one match in PWG but Chris Kanyon has died.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/ ... d-Dead.htm
musdy

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:23 am

Holy shit! Kanyon is dead? That's a trip. Are you sure it isn't an April Fools joke?
El Hijo del Generico

Postby BillJames » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:09 am

El Hijo del Generico wrote:Holy shit! Kanyon is dead? That's a trip. Are you sure it isn't an April Fools joke?

no he is dead R.I.P Kanyon
BillJames

Postby El Asian » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:30 am

damn that sucks, hopefully PWG gives Kanyon a 10 bell salute before the show next week
El Asian

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:52 am

Very sad that his life ended up the way it did. I thought he had a good run in WCW.

This always makes me laugh:
TigerDriver98

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum