DDT4 2010 Predictions and whatnot

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

DDT4 2010 Predictions and whatnot

Postby camstun187 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:21 pm

Here's how I would book it:

night 1

First round Qualifier

A Strong Hero Vs Los Luchas - DUD - Hero knocks out both of them before the match, and cockily demands better competition for the first round. Excalibur comes out and says he can't find
an opponent tonight, so Hero and Strong will have to wait till tomorrow night to have their first round match. Strong demands an opponent tonight! Excalibur
agrees to it...brandon bonham! Hero disagrees with all of this.

First Round Qualifier

Briscoes Vs The Cutlers - 12-14 min - briscoes

Brandon Bonham Vs Roderick Strong - 7-9 minutes

First Round Qualifier

GenericOmega Vs Londrick - 15-17 minutes - GenericOmega

*intermission*

Brandon Gatson Vs Malachi Jackson - 8-10 minutes

*CZW Hardcore Showcase*

Sami Callihan (CZW ultraviolent Underground Champ) Vs. Jon Moxley (CZW World Champ) - 12-15 minutes, really violent! - Whoever you'd want, really...Callihan?

*Chuck Taylor comes out, talks about getting a title shot, being left off BOLA....Is interrupted by Davey Richards, richards gives him the match*

PWG World Championship

Davey Richards (C) Vs. Chuck Taylor - 12-14 minutes, very intense, and richards makes taylor tap and scream like a little girl in the Kimura. Lost comes out
and demands a title match tommorow night, based on his singles record and recent performances!

PWG World Tag Team Championship First Round Qualifier

The Dynasty vs. The Young Bucks (C) - 17-20 minutes - The Young Bucks

night 2

Excalibur Comes out, Hero and Strong come out....Excalibur introduces their opponents....And it will be NO DISQUALIFICATION!!!

First ROund Qualifier

Ultraviolent Alliance (Sami Callihan/Jon Moxley) Vs. A Strong Hero - 15-18 mnutes, extremely violent...CZW wins!!! hero gets on the mic and blames strong for wrestling the night before!

Paul London & Brian kendrick vs the Cutler bros. - 10-13 minutes - Londrick

Joey Ryan vs. Brandon Gatson - 9-10 minutes - Brandon Gatson

PWG World Tag Team Titles Semi Final match

The Young Bucks (C) vs The Briscoes - 15-17 minutes - The Young Bucks

*Intermission*

Chuck Taylor vs Brandon Bonham - 8-10 minutes - Taylor

Semi-Final Match - No DQ

Ultraviolent Alliance Vs. GenericOmega - NO DQ - 15-17 minutes - Match of the Weekend!! - GenericOmega after a bloody, ultra violent, kickass match. Generico and Omega are SO messed up.

PWG World Title

Davey Richards vs. Scott Lost - 20-25 minutes - Richards

DDT4 Finals & PWG World Tag Team Championship Match

the Young Bucks (C) vs GenericOmega (very bloody and beaten) - 20-25 minutes

Winner: El generico and kenny omega, new tag team champions!!!
camstun187

Re: DDT4 2010 Predictions and whatnot

Postby PWGnorthern » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:14 pm

The Young Bucks
The Cutler Brothers
Paul London & Brian Kendrick
Kenny Omega & Chuck Taylor
Joey Ryan & Scott Lost
Johnny Goodtime & Jerome "LTP" Robinson
El Generico & Roderick Strong

then a couple hopefulls
- Gatson/Bonham
- Osirian Portal/Colony/CHIKARA team
- Eddie Edwards with Davey Richards
- PAC and anybody!
- Shingo Takagi/YAMATO/Akira Tozawa
PWGnorthern

Postby El Asian » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:12 pm

actually there's a topic about DDT4 2010 already, so probably would've been better but anyways, I'm checking around dates for any major feds that might contradict things and so far, nothing is booked for May 14 and 15, a perfect time for DDT4, so here some guys that I like to see happen

this one is in case DDT4 is a one night tournament again this year
-Paul London and Brian Kendrick
-the Cutler Brothers
-Motor City Machine Guns
-Roderick Strong and Jack Evans
-Kota Ibushi and Kenny Omega
-the Young Bucks
-Joey Ryan and Scott Lost
-Kevin Steen and El Generico

other possible teams I would like to see appear in case its 2 nights instead
-Munenori Sawa and Ikuto Hidaka
-Daisuke Sekimoto and Yuji Okabayashi
-The Colony (Fire Ant and Soldier Ant)
-Brandon Bonham and Arik Cannon
-Ryan Taylor and Quiet Storm
-the Switchblade Conspiracy
-rockNES Monsters
-the Osirian Portal
-Necro Butcher and Mad Man Pondo, Masada, or "Mr. Insanity" Toby Klein
-Negro Division (LTP and Willie Mack)
-Jonny Storm and Pac
-Topgun Talwar and Disco Machine
-Havana Pitbulls
-Masaaki Mochizuki and Don Fujii
-Karl Anderson and Giant Bernard
-Los Luchas
-Chuck Taylor and Ricochet

obviously not all of those teams would be there although I'm not sure if PWG could do a 16 team DDT4 even though it does seem like it be possible and for those wondering why I didn't mention the Briscoes, I would put the Briscoes in there and while I do think they'll show up for Titannica, I don't think they'll show up for DDT4 if PWG books them, as mentioned by TigerDriver98 before

non-tournament matches:
Brandon Gatson vs. B-Boy
Davey Richards vs. Chris Hero for the PWG title
El Asian

Postby BadFurDay » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:31 pm

camstun187 wrote:Sami Callihan (CZW ultraviolent Underground Champ) Vs. Jon Moxley (CZW World Champ) - 12-15 minutes, really violent! - Whoever you'd want, really...Callihan?

I stopped reading there.

Really?
BadFurDay

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:32 am

El Asian wrote:I'm checking around dates for any major feds that might contradict things and so far, nothing is booked for May 14 and 15, a perfect time for DDT4

Hmm... after doing a little bit of checking of my own, Friday May 14th is the most likely date. Paul London's website says that he and Kendrick are appearing at a wrestling convention in New Jersey on Saturday, May 15th. There is also a TNA TV taping that Monday, so Sunday the 16th probably wouldn't work too well for the Young Bucks/MCMGs. So by the process of elimination, Friday May 14th seems like the day. Cue several "Friday is a bad day for me" posts.
TigerDriver98

Postby camstun187 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:53 am

BadFurDay wrote:
camstun187 wrote:Sami Callihan (CZW ultraviolent Underground Champ) Vs. Jon Moxley (CZW World Champ) - 12-15 minutes, really violent! - Whoever you'd want, really...Callihan?

I stopped reading there.

Really?

You're obviously cool, bro.
camstun187

Postby Meltman » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:00 pm

Jon Moxley would be nice (especially if they let him promo), but Callihan is still such a hit-or-miss guy. Like every match of his you see on paper could be really good or awfully disappointing.
Meltman

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:54 pm

camstun187 wrote:
BadFurDay wrote:

I stopped reading there.

Really?

You're obviously cool, bro.

Why would PWG showcase CZW?
El Hijo del Generico

Postby El Asian » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:08 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:
El Asian wrote:I'm checking around dates for any major feds that might contradict things and so far, nothing is booked for May 14 and 15, a perfect time for DDT4

Hmm... after doing a little bit of checking of my own, Friday May 14th is the most likely date. Paul London's website says that he and Kendrick are appearing at a wrestling convention in New Jersey on Saturday, May 15th. There is also a TNA TV taping that Monday, so Sunday the 16th probably wouldn't work too well for the Young Bucks/MCMGs. So by the process of elimination, Friday May 14th seems like the day. Cue several "Friday is a bad day for me" posts.

true but technically PWG could do this year's DDT4 without London and Kendrick in it, consider what happened with Hero and the 2009 BOLA where Hero would skip BOLA so he can challenge for the PWG title later on for his rematch clause, London and Kendrick skips DDT4, so they can save their #1 contender shot, due to their win at Kurt Russellreunion, and challenge the winner this year for the title
El Asian

Postby TigerDriver98 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:14 pm

El Asian wrote:true but technically PWG could do this year's DDT4 without London and Kendrick in it, consider what happened with Hero and the 2009 BOLA where Hero would skip BOLA so he can challenge for the PWG title later on for his rematch clause, London and Kendrick skips DDT4, so they can save their #1 contender shot, due to their win at Kurt Russellreunion, and challenge the winner this year for the title

Also true, but a DDT4 without London and Kendrick would be a little disappointing to perfectly honest. PWG is the only place to see London and Kendrick as a team at the moment, it would make a lot of sense to showcase that in the DDT4. Friday shows aren't that bad.
TigerDriver98

Postby camstun187 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:18 pm

El Hijo del Generico wrote:
Why would PWG showcase CZW?

Why not? Wrestling companies, especially independents, should strive to work together and showcase one anothers talent on special occasions. PWG rarely ever see's hardcore deathmatch wrestling, and fans get into it.

I know if I ran a promotion, i'd love to be able to ask CZW or IWS if I could use their talent and showcase them as legitimate contenders. If they asked, i'd reciprocate! Of course, we'd always have to have talks about who can lose and whatever, but i'd at least try to make it as easy as possible.

Plus man, you can't tell me that doesn't add some spice to the tournament.
camstun187

Postby El Asian » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:14 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:
El Asian wrote:true but technically PWG could do this year's DDT4 without London and Kendrick in it, consider what happened with Hero and the 2009 BOLA where Hero would skip BOLA so he can challenge for the PWG title later on for his rematch clause, London and Kendrick skips DDT4, so they can save their #1 contender shot, due to their win at Kurt Russellreunion, and challenge the winner this year for the title

Also true, but a DDT4 without London and Kendrick would be a little disappointing to perfectly honest. PWG is the only place to see London and Kendrick as a team at the moment, it would make a lot of sense to showcase that in the DDT4. Friday shows aren't that bad.

oh I know Fridays aren't that bad and I agree it would suck that London and Kendrick might not be in DDT4 and actually Friday probably could work seeing Dragon Gate also has no show that day as well, so I hope to see them bring a team over to represent and no offense as much as I enjoy Doi and Yoshino together, I rather see a different duo from Dragon Gate to appear, like my suggestion earlier with Fujii and Mochizuki

some other suggestions, seeing as Chikara has no show during this, probably some other suggestions from Chikara

Swiss Money Holding (Claudio Castagnoli and Are$)
Super Smash Brothers
Aeroform
Up In Smoke
El Asian

Postby PWGnorthern » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Super Smash Bros is a great call, I forgot all about them
PWGnorthern

Postby Meltman » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:23 pm

Aeroform isn't a Chikara team. Let's get The Osirian Portal or 3.0 (2.0's new moniker in Chikara) for DDT4!
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:50 pm

I know Aeroform aren't a Chikara team but I was just throwing their name as a suggestion although I really should have mentioned that part as well
El Asian

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:56 pm

camstun187 wrote:Why not? Wrestling companies, especially independents, should strive to work together and showcase one anothers talent on special occasions. PWG rarely ever see's hardcore deathmatch wrestling, and fans get into it.

I know if I ran a promotion, i'd love to be able to ask CZW or IWS if I could use their talent and showcase them as legitimate contenders. If they asked, i'd reciprocate! Of course, we'd always have to have talks about who can lose and whatever, but i'd at least try to make it as easy as possible.

Plus man, you can't tell me that doesn't add some spice to the tournament.

I appreciate the idea of camaraderie and whatnot, but CZW is far away, and the two don't have a lot of overlap in fanbases. Maybe import guys for a crossover, but feature matches don't help much.

Also, let's be honest, CZW has fell off. They used to feature some good work in addition to the blood and guts, but now, not so much. They rarely have anything good outside of retarded deathmatches that don't get anyone over and are SO 90s. They are usually two bad workers who are willing to fall on light tubes for a pop. It isn't good for the wrestlers, and it isn't good for the fans. Hardcore matches are a good thing to build to and use occasionally, but the age of the gratuitous hardcore bullshit is over. Too many guys think that they can prove something with a barbed wire scar, but they can't.

I'd rather watch a competent match with decent work rate than a 129807626523 thumbtack light tubes and abortions match. And not see a guy who loves wrestling so much he will murder himself for it and risk tetanus destroy himself.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby deadmandevilman » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:39 am

After last years showing, I think the Young Bucks/Gen Me will loose the belts to the Men of Low Moral Fiber.
deadmandevilman

Postby LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:57 am

Anyone other than me dig the idea of a 12 team DDT4 tourny that leads to a 3-way elimination tag match in the finals?
LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK

Postby Meltman » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:48 am

LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK wrote:Anyone other than me dig the idea of a 12 team DDT4 tourny that leads to a 3-way elimination tag match in the finals?

A 3-way DDT4 final would've been an amazing culmination for the Young Bucks vs. Chuck/Omega vs. Generico/Tornado feud. Oh man, what could've been.
Meltman

Postby Zwarrior2 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:28 pm

DDT4 2010 1 day tournament

Round 1
Cutlers vs. Hybrid Dolphins 3.0
- Cutlers get to toss the small guys around but get caught in the end. HD 3.0 advance.

Omega & Generico vs. Chuck & Icarus
- Chuck is angry that Omega is hanging with Generico, the man who failed him last month. So he calls up a fellow TEAM FIST member to teach Omega a lesson. Generico wants to show he's not a failure of a partner. Generico pins Icarus to move on.

Strong & PAC vs. Hart & Evans
- Strong would be coming off a double pin in his match against Davey and would be trying to capture another PWG title to get him another crack at the world title. This match would pit the team that won the first DDT4 tournament against another partner Strong won with, a partner who left him high and dry over a year ago and caused the titles to be lost. Strong gets revenge pinning Jack.

Young Bucks vs. Shingo & Cyber Kong
- Pits the best in PWG against the best in Dragon Gate. Bucks retain.

Round 2
HD 3.0 vs. Omega & Generico
- Chuck comes out and attacks Generico behind the refs back. Leaving Omega alone to be pinned.

Strong & PAC vs. Young Bucks
- Bucks dirty tactics become to much for the reformed team. Strong doesn't reach finals for first time after PAC is pinned.

World Title
Chris Hero vs. Davey Richards (c)
- After a long battle match ends in a 30 minute timelimit draw.

Finals
HD 3.0 vs. Young Bucks
- After over a year and a half as champs the Bucks suffer defeat again at the flippers of the Dolphins who win the tournament and the belts.
Zwarrior2

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum