Wrestlemania XXVI thoughts

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Wrestlemania XXVI thoughts

Postby Htornado » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:40 pm

So I was just wondering, for those of you that watched it, what you guys thought about Wrestlemania this year.

Overall, for me it was okay. My main critique was aimed at the result of HBK v. Taker II. In my opinion it was a star down from last year's match and that's mainly due to the result. I know many of you may disagree, but HBK should have won. Undertaker already ended Michaels career in their classic Hell in a Cell encounter. He destroyed Michaels back, which kept him out of action for years. Michaels deserved to end the streak, and Taker owed it to him. Of course instead Taker won again, beating Michaels for the second year in a row, and ending his "career" for the second time. Just bad booking in my opinion. If Michaels had to lose, it shouldn't have been clean. Great match, but sad, disappointing result.

Clearly the streak will never be stopped, and I guess that's fine, but in my eyes Shawn Michaels will always be Mr. Wrestlemania
Htornado

Re: Wrestlemania XXVI thoughts

Postby elsmooth » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:59 pm

I actually missed the first three matches so I have no idea how good or bad they were. The rest overall was pretty entertaining, Taker vs HBK was the right choice for the main event and was another incredible match. It's gonna set the bar pretty damn high for 2010 match of the year, I'll say that. I admit I got a little choked up once the realization that HBK was retiring set in though, it truly is the end of an era. I wish him the best and thank him for so many great memories.
elsmooth

Postby MegaKnux » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Htornado wrote:So I was just wondering, for those of you that watched it, what you guys thought about Wrestlemania this year.

Overall, for me it was okay. My main critique was aimed at the result of HBK v. Taker II. In my opinion it was a star down from last year's match and that's mainly due to the result. I know many of you may disagree, but HBK should have won. Undertaker already ended Michaels career in their classic Hell in a Cell encounter. He destroyed Michaels back, which kept him out of action for years. Michaels deserved to end the streak, and Taker owed it to him. Of course instead Taker won again, beating Michaels for the second year in a row, and ending his "career" for the second time. Just bad booking in my opinion. If Michaels had to lose, it shouldn't have been clean. Great match, but sad, disappointing result.

Clearly the streak will never be stopped, and I guess that's fine, but in my eyes Shawn Michaels will always be Mr. Wrestlemania

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was the Casket Match that Michaels got injured in, not Hell in a Cell. He landed badly on the edge of the casket which caused his back injury.
MegaKnux

Postby Htornado » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:03 pm

MegaKnux wrote:
Htornado wrote:So I was just wondering, for those of you that watched it, what you guys thought about Wrestlemania this year.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was the Casket Match that Michaels got injured in, not Hell in a Cell. He landed badly on the edge of the casket which caused his back injury.

You are correct sir. Thanks for pointing that out.
Htornado

Postby ESPINOZA316 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:41 pm

I thought it was garbage
ESPINOZA316

Postby UGotJealousEyes » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:05 am

ESPINOZA316 wrote:I thought it was garbage

The Whole thing or the main event?

I'd believe either, but just curious.
UGotJealousEyes

Postby ESPINOZA316 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:29 pm

Watched half then just gave up. I dont know exactly when it happened but i hate WWE to death. I try watching sometimes but cant. So for half of the Mania i watched including the Taker and Micheals match, i thought it was garbage.
ESPINOZA316

Postby brandenalmostthesmark » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:06 pm

I thought Wrestlemania was great the HBK vs Undertaker was so amazing and better then last years but the Punk vs Rey was way too short and the Vince vs Brett match was horrible
brandenalmostthesmark

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:37 pm

HBK-Taker was good, but most of it came from kicking out of finishers for its drama. I think that brings it down a little in my book.

Cena-Batista was a passable WWE PPV match, which suprised me, as I expected a botchfest of epic proportions.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby ESPINOZA316 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:38 am

Im sorry but there is no such thing as a passable Cena match in my eyes.
ESPINOZA316

Postby workedshoot » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:52 pm

ESPINOZA316 wrote:Im sorry but there is no such thing as a passable Cena match in my eyes.

Agreed
workedshoot

Postby Matt Flash » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:57 pm

Mania was great. It was below my expectations, but then I had really high ones to begin with so being a little under that isn't bad.

The opener did exactly what an opener should do, and got the crowd into it. I fucking hate R-Truth, but that dude will always have a job if he can get the crowd pumped like that.

Triple Threat was alright, brought up bigtime for the way the crowd was into Orton. Jesus Christ, I was shocked at it. Nice, though, and it's second on the card. It was never meant to be anything super special.

MITB was fun as hell. "D00D THIS IS GONNA BE A CLUSTERFUCK THERES 2 MANY GUYZ IN HERE" Well... yeah. If you expect anything else, you fail.

HHH vs. Sheamus was solid, and had some really good sequences towards the end. I thought Sheamus might surprise win, but it doesn't hurt him not to. Especially after Raw, attacking HHH right in the middle of his Shawn speech. That was greatness.

Punk/Rey was short, but it was still a hot match and the finish had the crowd popping like mad. Were there more possibilities if Rey had lost? Sure, but that doesn't mean we can't still get to the point of Rey being in the SES. It just means we get there another way.

Bret/Vince should've ended at the first Sharpshooter. The crowd was so hot for that. They still got it, and they still popped for the chair shots (first few, at least) and the ball shots (First...one...) but in the end, they still had Bret tap out Vince in the Sharpshooter and we still got the happy ending.

Edge/Jericho was SO MUCH FUN but the finish was anti-climactic. Not even Edge losing, but no one thought that Code Breaker would be it.

Cena/Batista was really good. They mesh together so damn well, and it just worked. For me at least.

HBK/Taker was everything it needed to be and more. If you couldn't get into that match, I don't know what to tell you. The Jumping Tombstone ruled, and was a perfect ending to what they were going for.

And if you really things its necessary to rate the divas match on any PPV, you don't understand why it's there. It is not to enhance or take away from a show. It's meant to let you get your barings back, take a piss, walk around, get your energy back.

Wrestlemania 26 is more than a thumbs up just due to HBK/Taker alone. But there was plenty throughout the rest of the card to make it a 100% thumbs up. It's not the best show ever, probably not even the best Mania ever, but don't pass this show up on DVD if you missed it live. Hell, I still plan on buying the DVD and I watched it live. This show was great.
Matt Flash

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:58 pm

Matt Flash wrote:but don't pass this show up on DVD if you missed it live. Hell, I still plan on buying the DVD and I watched it live. This show was great.

I think I would buy the DVD from the DGUSA Mercury Rising PPV first, if you want good wrestling.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby BadFurDay » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:07 am

El Hijo del Generico wrote:I think I would buy the DVD from the DGUSA Mercury Rising PPV first, if you want good wrestling.

I love how smarks disregard the fact that others don't necessarily like the same style they do.
BadFurDay

Postby Matt Flash » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:39 am

El Hijo del Generico wrote:
Matt Flash wrote:but don't pass this show up on DVD if you missed it live. Hell, I still plan on buying the DVD and I watched it live. This show was great.

I think I would buy the DVD from the DGUSA Mercury Rising PPV first, if you want good wrestling.

I prefer the whole package of wrestling, entertainment, spectacle, and so on. I love the indies but when Wrestlemania is done right (And to me, it was this year) it's untouchable.
Matt Flash

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Matt Flash wrote:I prefer the whole package of wrestling, entertainment, spectacle, and so on. I love the indies but when Wrestlemania is done right (And to me, it was this year) it's untouchable.

Fair enough. I get that.

BadFurDay wrote:I love how smarks disregard the fact that others don't necessarily like the same style they do.

I love how you are taking a shot at me for making a recommendation. I didn't insist everyone else likes what I like, just that I thought it was good show, and the DVD will be good for wrestling, and if you have already seen WM26, why not try this. It wasn't some smark attempt to do anything, and I wasn't disregarding anything.

Is it really necessary to act like an asshole about it? You could just disagree, and not make an assumption about me or my post. In discussing the DVD to get from this weekend, that was my recommendation. Trying to take a shot at me is just a dick move, like you are trying to burn me for having an opinion.
El Hijo del Generico

Return to General Discussion