Botchamania

Everything Else, Except for Advertising. Nobody likes a shill.

Botchamania

Postby david_baUtista » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:28 am

Just thought I'd open up a Botchamania thread to see what people thought. For those who are unfamiliar with it, Botchamania is a YouTube series of vids which compile botches and set them to some comical music (often from old Sega games and stuff).

Check out: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaffewNoSellsYT for stuff like this

So what's the word on Botchamania?

Is it good ol fashioned humor for a "smart audience?"
Does it expose the business?
Does it make hard-working professional wrestlers look like a bunch of dupes?
Are we making light of wrestlers' near death experiences?
Is it criminal copyright infringement that should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law

Not that I want people to answer these questions one by one, just trying to simmer the melting pots in between your ears!

I personally think Botchamania is a load of laughs and I often go back to BM whenever I'm trying to take my mind off of studying cuz who needs that? Maffew (the creator) has a list of botches/bumps that he refuses to include in any video so I respect that. I don't really own anything of copyright value so I can't really comment on that aspect of it. From what Maffew's said previously, in the beginning of the series ROH proved to be the most formidable opponent playing their copyright cards to get his videos yanked off YouTube, although WWE and TNA have been hassling him in recent months. But bottom line, I think it's good, "Smarky" humor for people who understand and can poke fun at the business but still realize that its not ALL botches.
david_baUtista

Re: Botchamania

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:02 am

Funny. I've seen others, and they are funny too. I like them when they point out poor booking, and as long as they do not make light of serious injuries (except Sid's, he sucks) I don't mind them.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby Souf Centrol » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:08 pm

I watch them and think they are hilarious, I think it makes them work harder NOT to be on the video. El Generico is on 120 something I was like NOOOOOOO lol

For those that say "see wrestling isn't real" I jsut say "who said it was? but let me hit you with a chair shot or dive off the ropes and I'll move. You can't fake that stuff"
Souf Centrol

Postby Negabob » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:54 pm

There's a video out there somewhere, where Claudio Castangoli trips over some ring steps, and says something about him getting on another Botchamania for it. So you know these guys are watching it, and some even like them apparently.
Negabob

Return to General Discussion