So I was thinking...

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

So I was thinking...

Postby LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:48 am

With AWS running its last show ever on 6/19, will PWG become the new home for AWS' top talent? Who from the AWS roster would you like to see in Reseda one day?
I think PWG should book: Peter Avalon, Extreme Loco and the Plague, Buggy, Willie Mack, Aiden Riley, Johnny Yuma, the Ballard Bros, Dragon Mask
LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK

Re: So I was thinking...

Postby fatallylost » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:44 pm

I doubt PWG will get many, if any. I'd see them more likely ending up in EWF, or M1W to be honest.
fatallylost

Postby Souf Centrol » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:24 pm

I might actually go see their last show since its on a saturday. Hope it doesn't rain cuz they be outside. Their DVDs should be like 3 for 5 or something since they are going out of business
Souf Centrol

Postby Langdon Alger » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:30 pm

Bart already did his big sale. I'm sure he'll most likely just ebay the rest of the merch he dosen't sell.
Langdon Alger

Postby Meltman » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:35 pm

LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK wrote:I think PWG should book: Peter Avalon, Extreme Loco and the Plague, Buggy, Willie Mack, Aiden Riley, Johnny Yuma, the Ballard Bros, Dragon Mask

I doubt the Ballards will ever be brought back. Would love to see Mack given a shot. Avalon too down the line. Buggy's hot, she'd make a cool valet, but they don't seem to care much for valets/managers.

With last year's locals being pushed (Ryan Taylor teaming with Strong, Cutlers getting wins, LTP/Goodtime in DDT4, Gatson on a streak), they're gonna need some more new guys this year. Start with these 2.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:00 pm

out of those people mentioned, I can only see PWG bringing Peter Avalon, Willie Mack, Johnny Yuma, Buggy, and Aiden Riley in and fitting in PWG as well
El Asian

Postby drop19 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:21 pm

Langdon Alger wrote:Bart already did his big sale. I'm sure he'll most likely just ebay the rest of the merch he dosen't sell.

Great, then I can go on ebay and buy overpriced bootleg ROH dvds in bulk!
drop19

Postby The Celt » Thu May 27, 2010 7:04 am

No. To quote Angry fan "Once a Ballard, always a Ballard". PWG might bring in one of those names provided they prove to be the cream of the SoCal crop.
The Celt

Postby jacob_burman » Thu May 27, 2010 12:15 pm

so I've heard mix things from people. Is AWS really going out in June?
jacob_burman

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Thu May 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Adding Buggy & Aiden would be awesome...
Could lead to the devolopment of a future womens division... :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby jacob_burman » Thu May 27, 2010 3:31 pm

Would be awesome to see Krystal VanVoorhis be a valet in PWG. More training, she's got a really good look, she'd be nice to have cheering on the outside and taking a bump here and there.
jacob_burman

Postby LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:48 am

On my never-ending crusade to get more local talent a shot in PWG, I had an idea...
What if during one of those stretches where ROH or Chikara are running too many shows and no big talent is available; instead of a 6 week layoff, PWG were to hold an all locals 8-man tourney where the winner earns a spot on the PWG roster. 8 "unknown" locals busting their butts trying to make a name for themselves in front of a whole new crowd. The winner, even if he's beaten 3 "unknowns", has still won 3 matches in one night, (hopefully) gaining him some momentum and fan support upon his actual singles "debut" as a full roster member. Participants could include any of these: Willie Mack, Peter Avalon, Johnny Paradise, Piloto Suicido, Chimaera, The Plague, Extreme Loco, Johnny Yuma, Dragon Mask, or heck even throw Buggy in there. Add a tag title number one contenders match between The Cutlers-The Bucks-and a reunited Dynasty (Lost/Ryan) and thats a pretty nice all locals card. No plane tickets. No expensive big names. Sure it might not sell as many DVDs as a card with Davey, Hero, or Omega, but the loyal 250+ will still show up to Reseda, plus there's that bunch of devoted fans who'll buy any DVD with a PWG logo on it. (not that there's anything wrong with that )
What do guys think? Am I onto something, or just on something?
LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:31 am

LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK wrote:On my never-ending crusade to get more local talent a shot in PWG, I had an idea...
What if during one of those stretches where ROH or Chikara are running too many shows and no big talent is available; instead of a 6 week layoff, PWG were to hold an all locals 8-man tourney where the winner earns a spot on the PWG roster. 8 "unknown" locals busting their butts trying to make a name for themselves in front of a whole new crowd. The winner, even if he's beaten 3 "unknowns", has still won 3 matches in one night, (hopefully) gaining him some momentum and fan support upon his actual singles "debut" as a full roster member. Participants could include any of these: Willie Mack, Peter Avalon, Johnny Paradise, Piloto Suicido, Chimaera, The Plague, Extreme Loco, Johnny Yuma, Dragon Mask, or heck even throw Buggy in there. Add a tag title number one contenders match between The Cutlers-The Bucks-and a reunited Dynasty (Lost/Ryan) and thats a pretty nice all locals card. No plane tickets. No expensive big names. Sure it might not sell as many DVDs as a card with Davey, Hero, or Omega, but the loyal 250+ will still show up to Reseda, plus there's that bunch of devoted fans who'll buy any DVD with a PWG logo on it. (not that there's anything wrong with that )
What do guys think? Am I onto something, or just on something?

I like... hell, I'd be one of the loyal that would show up.
Fsportsentertainment

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum