Young Bucks Appreciation Thread

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Young Bucks Appreciation Thread

Postby Meltman » Tue May 11, 2010 6:30 am

How about it guys? The Young Bucks held the belts for almost 2 years. Set a bunch of records, 15 title defenses, a dozen incredible matches, and these two even managed to become the biggest heels PWG has and basically did it overnight. Nick Jackson even finished the DDT4 finals 2 days ago with a concussion in mid-match.

Needless to say the Bucks have busted their ass for the fans and for the company. Arguably helped PWG explode into its biggest popularity phase yet (ongoing). We've got new Tag Champs now, but I'll still look forward to every Bucks match forthcoming.

What was your favorite Bucks title match during the title reign? Any favorite moments? My favorite title defense came at "Speed of Sound" (Bucks vs. Dynasty International). RIDICULOUS match, just so good.
Meltman

Re: Young Bucks Appreciation Thread

Postby deadmandevilman » Tue May 11, 2010 8:33 am

I just want to point out how good matt jackson's grimmaces are, especially when he is pulling some one to their feet. Sometimes the smallest things make me love to hate that much more.
deadmandevilman

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Tue May 11, 2010 9:26 am

I love that their heel turn has made them so much fun to boo. I still think they are a great team and totally support them, but I love booing them and their TNA shirts.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby rbt » Tue May 11, 2010 12:11 pm

my fave title defense from them came at the 09 ddt4 against taylor and omega. what makes these two great is the fact they have the ability to pull any emotion out of the crowd. you love then hate them in a blink of an eye. that is the mark of a true great in pro wrestling.
rbt

Postby The Franchise13 » Tue May 11, 2010 12:31 pm

Great Wrestlers. I didnt want them to loose the titlles because great champions like they are, dont deserve to loose the titles in a tournament. The 3 Matches that they had on DD4 were amazing. I hope that just because they lost the titles that they wont stop coming to PWG. In fact, I am asking the board of directors at PWG to have a rematch for the next PWG show. Generation ME vs Dangerous Bees for the Titles in some type of specialty match.
The Franchise13

Postby talley_1986 » Tue May 11, 2010 4:37 pm

With how infrequent the PWG title was defended in 2009, the Bucks really stepped up and made each show worth something. Their match against Davey Richards and Roderick Strong made me a PWG fan. With the exception of their Ninety-Nine match (I hate MCMG together), I've loved every title defense that I saw.
talley_1986

Postby jacob_burman » Tue May 11, 2010 9:01 pm

http://www.jacksonmatt.blogspot.com/

Matt wrote about his run on his blog and tomorrow he's supposed to write about what happened to Nick. Speculation, of course, but it kind of sounds like a swan song for Matt. But that could be just me.
jacob_burman

Postby maven effect » Tue May 11, 2010 9:15 pm

The 2 Skinny Black Guys and Kevin Steen & El Generico defenses were easily my favorites of the bunch. So good.
maven effect

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Tue May 11, 2010 9:58 pm

BOLA Night 2 vs Steen and Generico... that match made me remember why I love professional wrestling. I do have to admit that as much as I love to boo them, their matches have given me more true mark out moments than any other individual or tag team
Fsportsentertainment

Postby Tarfoo » Wed May 12, 2010 2:00 am

maven effect wrote:The 2 Skinny Black Guys and Kevin Steen & El Generico defenses were easily my favorites of the bunch. So good.

I hate to bring this up, but the math from Threemendous II was non-title. A great bout nonetheless.

My favorite defence has to be versus Joey Ryan and Karl Anderson at Speed of Sound. Unlike most people, I enjoyed the shit out of this match. It also had the feeling that both teams really desired those belts, which gave the titles prestige in my eyes.
Tarfoo

Postby zombiegeeknecrocult » Wed May 12, 2010 10:30 pm

although it wasn't a defense, i really loved London/Kendrick vs. Young Bucks
zombiegeeknecrocult

Postby camstun187 » Thu May 13, 2010 5:00 pm

my favorite bucks match that i'v seen has gotta be the 6 man from Express Written Consent.

One of my favorite main events ever.
camstun187

Postby The Franchise13 » Thu May 13, 2010 6:36 pm

Request: Can there be a Best of Bucks DVD??!!! They had so many great matches, and had a great run, they deserve that recognition. It would be a must buy!!! BEST of BUCKS!!!! B.O.B.!!!
The Franchise13

Postby Evilguest » Fri May 14, 2010 5:05 am

The Franchise13 wrote:Request: Can there be a Best of Bucks DVD??!!! They had so many great matches, and had a great run, they deserve that recognition. It would be a must buy!!! BEST of BUCKS!!!! B.O.B.!!!

I'd buy it!
Evilguest

Postby Meltman » Fri May 14, 2010 3:14 pm

One disc of babyface "ho-ly shit" matches and another disc of heel "fuck-the-Young-Bucks!" matches. It really would sell like hotcakes, especially with the TNA deal.
Meltman

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri May 14, 2010 6:51 pm

I just hope they continue to come back
Souf Centrol

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:34 pm

Congrats for the Bucks getting another PPV shot for the first time since March, I believe.
Garden State Saint

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum