Bring back Tozawa!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Bring back Tozawa!

Postby Lord Akiyama » Thu May 13, 2010 12:53 pm

I just read that Akira Tozawa will be having an extended stay in the US to train, possibly in the same manner Shingo did years ago. If that's that case, than I definitely want to see more Tozawa in PWG while the opportunity is there. He was awesome at DDT4 and he would make a great addition to the roster.
Lord Akiyama

Re: Bring back Tozawa!

Postby El Asian » Thu May 13, 2010 5:14 pm

you know, I was just thinking that Tozawa should have some special training here in the US to help improve like Shingo did and I would love to see Tozawa back in PWG, I really enjoyed his antics
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Thu May 13, 2010 5:31 pm

Anyone described as a "Japanese Chuck Taylor" is fine by me.

By all accounts he sorta stole the show at DDT4 so I'm sure they'd want to bring him back. Let's hope it happens, I've seen only a tiny bit of Tozawa's work.
Meltman

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu May 13, 2010 7:22 pm

I personally don't want to see Tozawa again, he is not a very good wrestler and he is over doing his gimmick way too much. One Chuck Taylor is enough.
krayzie Bone

Postby iamawesome » Thu May 13, 2010 8:15 pm

Whoa Whoa Whoa....

Watch the Chuck Taylor bashing!
iamawesome

Postby Meltman » Thu May 13, 2010 9:28 pm

If anything, we need more Chuck Taylor and higher up on cards.
Meltman

Postby jacob_burman » Fri May 14, 2010 12:17 am

I'm all for him coming back. Dude def stole the show, at least the first round of the tournament. The guy was funny and was having a ball. Even after his tournament match, he stuck around to catch some of the other action and even gave me a head nod when leaving. Hell, team him up with Chuck Taylor against the Danger Bees. I'm sure that match will have everyone holding their sides from laughing so hard.
jacob_burman

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Fri May 14, 2010 10:01 am

Tozawa was indeed very good, and I'd love to see him back as well. Any of the Dragon Gate guys are usually a treat.
El Hijo del Generico

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri May 14, 2010 2:29 pm

I disagree, not every Dragon Gate wrestler is good, there are some useless ones as well. There was nothing funny about Tozawa he overdid his gimmick and was just randomly screaming like some retarded parrot. LOL

And how can anyone say that Chuck Taylor deserves a push in PWG? Chuck Taylor is good but he is not great, he is not in the same league as some other PWG wrestlers like Davey Richards or Chris Hero. I honestly dont see any point flying him in all the way from St Louis every month. I dont wanna criticize PWG booking because PWG is doing a great job booking their shows, however I can think of many wrestlers from the Midwest/Midsouth region who are better then Chuck.

I want to see diversed locker room, why not bring Chikara guys or IWA guys once in a while? The region is steaming with great talent but all we get from there is Chuck? I mean come on.
krayzie Bone

Postby Langdon Alger » Fri May 14, 2010 2:50 pm

Wrestling is supposed to be fun . . . Guys like Chuck Taylor, Colt Cabana, and Tozawa make it fun. There are too many feds that insist on being just action, action, action nowadays. Don't get me wrong a match like Strong vs. Richards is great, but honestly if that's how all the matches on the card were for every show, don't you think that would get a bit old after a while? PWG is able to give the awesome wrestling and the part of wrestling that's supposed to be fun. I say bring Tozawa back . . . Why the hell not?
Langdon Alger

Postby Meltman » Fri May 14, 2010 2:56 pm

I totally get how Chuck isn't for everybody, but to say (in so many words) he doesn't even merit a regular spot is ridiculous. Every match he has feels like an exhibition. He's underused in a sea of overexposed acts. He brings a fresh twist to any match or any team.

And the thing is we've barely seen any Chuck singles matches here. Think of the possibilities:

- Chucky T vs. Lost (charisma battle on the side)
- Chucky T vs. Joey (has to happen)
- Chucky T vs. Strong
- Chucky T vs. Davey
- Chucky T vs. Omega
- Chucky T vs. Hero
- Chucky T vs. Von Eerie
Meltman

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri May 14, 2010 6:18 pm

When I lived in Chicagoland area I have seen Chuck Talylor wrestle every week for IWA, I'm not taking anything away from him, Him and Ricochet had some great matches, I just don't understand why do we have to see Chuck as the only representative of the Midwest/Midsouth region? Why not bring in Sami Callahan, Egotistico Fantastico, Carter Grey, Jason Haidies, Naptown Dragons, Thomasellis, I mean I can go on and on with names, I mean I lived there I know how good some of these guys are, my question is why just Chuck? If you want good comedy, Chikara roster will give you the best comedy there is, I mean bring in Los Ice Creams for god's sake, thats some real funny shit right there plus great wrestling. Why just Chuck?

I also want to see variety of matches and there is nothing wrong with good comedy, but Chuck is not funny, if you really want to build up Chuck Taylor as a PWG competator, have him do serious matches and make him bust his ass like everyone else in PWG does. Chuck Taylor has talent and its being wasted on a comedy act.
krayzie Bone

Postby Souf Centrol » Fri May 14, 2010 6:51 pm

I personally enojyed Tozawa and would love to see him booked again

Also Chuck Taylor is fuckign awesome, he does the comedy thing and does it well. If he got a push he would turn down the comedy and show out
Souf Centrol

Postby fatallylost » Fri May 14, 2010 10:22 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing him again, but, I'm not sure about seeing "more of him" I already saw his entire ass. there ain't much left to see.
fatallylost

Postby Alex08 » Sat May 15, 2010 9:28 am

fatallylost wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing him again, but, I'm not sure about seeing "more of him" I already saw his entire ass. there ain't much left to see.

...OH!, I see what you did there!
Alex08

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sat May 15, 2010 12:44 pm

I agree, I would love to see him back again. He was great to watch.

And on the fact of Chuck Taylor, he's great, I think that the representation of the midwest isn't because there are funnier guys etc etc, it's the fact that he's probably a really nice guy to work with and his gimmicks out here are different. We have seen him in serious matches and some all out comedic matches. For PWG he's a fan favorite, and despite him not being for everyone the positives outweigh the negatives in this and we want more CHUCKY T! Plain and simple.

I'm still waiting for Chucky T vs Kong match, ever since that idea came up it's played in my head.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Meltman » Sat May 15, 2010 1:28 pm

I don't see Chuck as a Midwest guy personally. I don't think most non-IWA fans would. I'd say his Chikara work led to his initial PWG booking.
Meltman

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun May 16, 2010 3:36 pm

If you really want to be technical about this, no particular wrestler is an IWA guy or PWG guy or Chikara guy and so forth, because most independent wrestlers work for many different promotions, however there are promotions that develop talent and promotions where workers get better and better at what they do. For example Davey Richards made his name in PWG, this is where he got really good at what he does and this is where his career sky rocketed. Once he got really good in PWG, other windows of opportunity were opened to him such as ROH, Japan bookings, exc.

IWA is just one of those promotions where names are made and where workers find the kind of boost and competition they need to make it in this business. I know many people don't like Ian Rotten and I myself also had my share of disagreements with Ian, but try not to personalize this, try to be objective. The fact remains that in IWA big names in this business were made like CM Punk, Colt Cobana, Chris Hero, Chuck Taylor, Delirious, Matt Sydal, BJ Whitmer, Necro Butcher, exc, your ROH roster is filled with "IWA guys" Ask any worker in the midwest and they will tell you that IWA was a pipeline to get bookings in Chikara, CZW, ROH and Japan. Workers knew that once they go to IWA they will dramatically improve their skills which will give them opportunity to be booked world wide. John Zandig and Gabe Sapolski used to watch every IWA dvd just to scope new talent for their promotions, doesn't it tell you something?

I haven't seen IWA in over a year, so I don't know what the quality of wrestling there is now. Many people told me its not the same anymore due to financial difficulties, exc, I don't know, I'm only commenting on IWA of the past when I watched it.

I'm not trying to praise IWA I just want to give credit where credit is due. As a matter of fact this is why I love PWG, because it develops young talent and gives workers opportunity to get better and make name for themselves. I remember seeing Chuck Taylor as a rookie, driving 5 hours to work IWA shows, the kid definately has a talent he was improving everytime I saw him wrestle, I'm sorry to tell you this meltman but Chuck was developed into a solid competator in IWA not Chikara, Chikara booked him way after.
krayzie Bone

Postby El Asian » Sun May 16, 2010 5:03 pm

honestly, being an IWA guy isn't worth much anymore, only reason Ian would continue booking someone is until after CZW, Chikara, or even PWG to some extent starts booking them afterward and I go on a long tirade of about how Ian Rotten is one of the biggest scumbags in wrestling history

going back to "IWA guys", honestly, beyond Ricochet/Helios, guys like Carter Grey, Ego Fantastico, and Jason Hades don't really excite me to see in a PWG card and only other "IWA guy" I can see PWG booking in the future is Jaysin Strife, if only because he flies himself to SoCal every now and then
El Asian

Postby Souf Centrol » Sun May 16, 2010 5:24 pm

El Asian wrote:honestly, being an IWA guy isn't worth much anymore, only reason Ian would continue booking someone is until after CZW, Chikara, or even PWG to some extent starts booking them afterward and I go on a long tirade of about how Ian Rotten is one of the biggest scumbags in wrestling history

going back to "IWA guys", honestly, beyond Ricochet/Helios, guys like Carter Grey, Ego Fantastico, and Jason Hades don't really excite me to see in a PWG card and only other "IWA guy" I can see PWG booking in the future is Jaysin Strife, if only because he flies himself to SoCal every now and then

Can you shoot me a pm about how he's the biggest scumbags? or make a thread in the general forums here. I would love to read it
Souf Centrol

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum