Bring back Tozawa!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Bring back Tozawa!

Postby musdy » Fri May 21, 2010 10:06 am

Tozawa is a blonde??? Mind blown.
musdy

Postby Lord Akiyama » Fri May 21, 2010 12:52 pm

musdy wrote:Tozawa is a blonde??? Mind blown.

Not naturally. He's been dying his hair a buncha times and blonde seems to be a favorite. Although red is another one he likes and managed a compromise having having blonde with red streaks.
Lord Akiyama

Postby Meltman » Fri May 21, 2010 1:29 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Looks like sports entertainment fans got their wish to see Tozawa again, but then again I got my wish to see Chris Hero vs Brandon Gatson.

And if you really think about it, that's what this fed does best: satisfying everybody.
Meltman

Postby jacob_burman » Fri May 21, 2010 2:59 pm

Meltman wrote:
krayzie Bone wrote:Looks like sports entertainment fans got their wish to see Tozawa again, but then again I got my wish to see Chris Hero vs Brandon Gatson.

And if you really think about it, that's what this fed does best: satisfying everybody.

AMEN to that one. Damn shame they don't have more shows. I can understand why, but it's still a bummer.
jacob_burman

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri May 21, 2010 3:45 pm

To me Tozawa brings nothing original to the table, he screams like Chuck Taylor and exposes his ass like Joey Ryan, where is the originality in that? I find it very weird that PWG fans liked the guy so much! To be honest with you all, I really don't understand PWG fans at all, cause it seems like PWG is giving fans some really good wrestling but at the same time its almost like fans don't care for it, it seems like they just want comedy, it seems like I'm one of the few that appreciate strong style and some wrestling innovation, others just want to drink beer and laugh, well thats just what I observed.
krayzie Bone

Postby Meltman » Fri May 21, 2010 5:55 pm

If you were the only one, Davey, Roddy and Hero wouldn't be where they are in the company.
Meltman

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri May 21, 2010 6:35 pm

I'm definately not the only one, I know some fans that trully appreciate the wrestling aspect of PWG, but when I go to the shows it is also very easy to see the fans that trully either don't give a shit or just indifferent toward good wrestling. I think PWG puts on great matches for the sake of DVD land. Cause I Know that a lot of people that live far away from california purchase PWG dvd's to actually see great wrestling. Live audience on the other hand are mostly WWE or TNA fans, at least thats what I observed, I could be wrong.
krayzie Bone

Postby fatallylost » Fri May 21, 2010 8:39 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:To me Tozawa brings nothing original to the table, he screams like Chuck Taylor and exposes his ass like Joey Ryan, where is the originality in that? I find it very weird that PWG fans liked the guy so much! To be honest with you all, I really don't understand PWG fans at all, cause it seems like PWG is giving fans some really good wrestling but at the same time its almost like fans don't care for it, it seems like they just want comedy, it seems like I'm one of the few that appreciate strong style and some wrestling innovation, others just want to drink beer and laugh, well thats just what I observed.

So, the Briscoes use the LOD finisher. Joey uses a Pedigree. Paul London worked for WWE, as did Kendrick. Chris Hero was made more of a household name via CZW and ROH, same with Steen and Generico.

So, what was this about originality?

Nothing is really original anymore.
fatallylost

Postby jacob_burman » Fri May 21, 2010 11:50 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:I'm definately not the only one, I know some fans that trully appreciate the wrestling aspect of PWG, but when I go to the shows it is also very easy to see the fans that trully either don't give a shit or just indifferent toward good wrestling. I think PWG puts on great matches for the sake of DVD land. Cause I Know that a lot of people that live far away from california purchase PWG dvd's to actually see great wrestling. Live audience on the other hand are mostly WWE or TNA fans, at least thats what I observed, I could be wrong.

I still don't get the bagging on WWE or TNA fans. I'm a fan of mainstream wrestling and will always be. But at the PWG, I really appreciate the whole wrestling aspect of what these men and women do. I thought the matches the MCMG had against Hero and Strong in their single matches at As the Worm Turns was some of the greatest wrestling I have ever seen live. It was truly breath taking. At the same time, I do enjoy laughing and having a good time at the show. I love how silly Kenny Omega is. I enjoy the sleaziness that Joey Ryan brings with him to the ring. I enjoy singing along to El Generico's theme song. It's an amazing mix and a one of the kind experience where you can't get it anywhere else. I also don't think people could give a shit less about good wrestling because the crowd loves when a guy like Richards or Hero comes out to the ring and they are totally into the match. Then again, I'm pretty much focused on the match that I don't pay attention to the other fans so my judgment could be totally wrong.
jacob_burman

Postby krayzie Bone » Sat May 22, 2010 12:55 pm

I try to pay attantion to the match as well, but once some of these fans had a few drinks they become pretty noticable LOL

And during intermission, the place begins to smell like Bob Marley concert :lol:
krayzie Bone

Postby iamawesome » Sun May 23, 2010 3:16 am

Is it time for Tea??

All this arguing has made me partched...
iamawesome

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sun May 23, 2010 8:46 am

The one thing that I miss about Tozawa is that he had to retire the Tozawa-juku gimmick. That was such a great gimmick, particularly when Arai and Iwasa were tearing it up in tag team. To have seen Tozawa live in that gimmick would've been a lot of fun, I think, since he gets so into it.
Lord Akiyama

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sun May 23, 2010 10:18 am

krayzie Bone wrote:To me Tozawa brings nothing original to the table, he screams like Chuck Taylor and exposes his ass like Joey Ryan, where is the originality in that? I find it very weird that PWG fans liked the guy so much! To be honest with you all, I really don't understand PWG fans at all, cause it seems like PWG is giving fans some really good wrestling but at the same time its almost like fans don't care for it, it seems like they just want comedy, it seems like I'm one of the few that appreciate strong style and some wrestling innovation, others just want to drink beer and laugh, well thats just what I observed.

There really isn't anything for you to understand about PWG fans mate. We all have opinions and favorites, we respect those. We all have followed wrestling for different time periods and have followed many feds through out the years. You can't pin point what you want to debate and sell it to everyone, because lets be honest, the majority really doesn't see eye to eye with you.

Rather then just have this ongoing discussion that has rather dried up already I'd just let it go and let those who enjoy Tozawa enjoy him. I mean unless your a stock holder or funding these shows your opinion will just remain that.

I mean opinions are like assholes. We all have one.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby fatallylost » Sun May 23, 2010 3:05 pm

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:I mean opinions are like assholes. We all have one.

And yours stinks!

Not really, I just always loved adding that on.

I have more, but, I shall save them for the next time I need one.
fatallylost

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun May 23, 2010 9:31 pm

DJ Energy, majority doesn't see me eye to eye because unfortunately fans these days enjoy not the sport of profiessional wrestling but rather sports entertainment. You see my friend I'm not a fan of S.E. I'm all about good wrestling. To me PWG is great when it comes to quality of wrestling, I have nothing against PWG or their fans, I may not agree with most fans, but I'm still very cool with them and I thank them for supporting a great product such as PWG.

You and others on this board may not appreciate my "opinions" but let me tell you this, You don't really know much about me. I don't mean to be a dick, but I know my wrestling. When some of these fans asked their parents to drive them to Hulk Hogan matches I was at the UIC pavilion watching Rick Flair wrestling Dusty Rhodes, beeding buckets and busting their asses for the sport of proffesional wrestling. While you watched Vince Mcmahon making a mockery of this great sport week in and week out, I was watching CM Punk wrestling Chris Hero in IWA Mid South in a 90 minute iron man match. When was the last time you saw a 90 minute hold for hold iron man match DJ Energy? Yes sir I have been a part of historical wrestling matches in this sport that I love, I can say that I'm very lucky to witness the kind of classic matches that I witnessed throghout my life.

Like I said DJ Energy you really don't know me well, I've been around for quiet some time and made some solid friendships in this business. Some promoters call my home phone asking my opinion about what they should book. So keep thinking that my opinion is just another asshole LOL
krayzie Bone

Postby fatallylost » Mon May 24, 2010 12:42 am

Wait, I get it now.

You're better than everyone.

I knew it was something.

Also, isn't it Ric Flair?
fatallylost

Postby krayzie Bone » Mon May 24, 2010 6:24 pm

Yes, very good its Ric Flair, thank you for correcting me, I can see that California education system really paid off.

And no I don't think that I'm better then anyone else, Its just when someone says "opinions are like assholes", they strongly imply that my opinion means nothing, in the older days I could have challenged him to a duel for comments like that LOL

How awesome that we live in this modern age where words mean nothing and insults are perfectly fine behind a computer screen.
krayzie Bone

Postby jacob_burman » Mon May 24, 2010 6:52 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:How awesome that we live in this modern age where words mean nothing and insults are perfectly fine behind a computer screen.

those sound like fighting words. Maybe a prematch opener between you and fatallylost? My money is on fatallylost lol
jacob_burman

Postby krayzie Bone » Mon May 24, 2010 8:08 pm

If your money is on fatallylost jacob you gonna be a very poor man before its all said and done. Anyways my comments were not even directed to fattaly lost but rather to DJ energy.

And what are you talking about a prematch? I'm main event quality dude.
krayzie Bone

Postby jacob_burman » Mon May 24, 2010 8:23 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:If your money is on fatallylost jacob you gonna be a very poor man before its all said and done. Anyways my comments were not even directed to fattaly lost but rather to DJ energy.

And what are you talking about a prematch? I'm main event quality dude.

um...fatallylost talked about assholes, you said back in the day you two would fight, therefore, you were talking about him. And if it is true you watched that Flair/Dusty match, I'm guessing you are quite old, therefore, I'd bet on a much younger and bigger guy than a old man. Just saying...
jacob_burman

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum